Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Grant application

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

alex03 wrote: »
    I'd say they have sent you a request for more docs or clarification of something. Expect something in the post over the next couple of days, I'd imagine.

I will flip if they sent me a letter for more documents!! I sent my application in the day it opened and they have all my stuff since the middle of June so if they say they need more and leave it this late to ask thats ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

Is there any point in ringing them again I wonder? My application has been waiting assessment on the final stage since 28th May, I really don't get what takes them so long to at least give an answer whether you've been accepted or not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alex03

I will flip if they sent me a letter for more documents!! I sent my application in the day it opened and they have all my stuff since the middle of June so if they say they need more and leave it this late to ask thats ridiculous!

Let us know how you get on, it is a bit much to look for more info. months after you applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

jjll wrote: »
    Got first reminder email phoned them for my daughter another extension was informed nedd to be assesed by 14th oct to get payment for november really not happy

Can you please repost this as it is unintelligible. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

alex03 wrote: »
    MId- July, I'm stuck since 19th June, wondering was there any point applying on the 1st day, if nothing happens in 15 weeks!!

This is exactly what I'm wondering! I applied as soon as it opened and sent away my documentation as soon as I received the letter. Although this year they did not request any specific documents, just that I signed the declaration form. Really hoping the letter comes soon enough! I had absolutely no problem with them whatsoever last year but this year they seem alot slower. I presume the first grant payment is expected in October again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Westeros wrote: »
    This is exactly what I'm wondering! I applied as soon as it opened and sent away my documentation as soon as I received the letter. Although this year they did not request any specific documents, just that I signed the declaration form. Really hoping the letter comes soon enough! I had absolutely no problem with them whatsoever last year but this year they seem alot slower. I presume the first grant payment is expected in October again?

They are also handling triple the number of grant holders compared to two years ago.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

They are also handling triple the number of grant holders compared to two years ago.

Well I wouldn't know, I had no dealings with them 2 years ago. I'm not disregarding Susi in any way, I had absolutely no problem with them last year, or this year, so far. I'm just checking in on here to see how everyone else is getting on as I have heard nothing back yet, that's all!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alex03

They signed a Service Level Agreement on October 10th last year that stated that people would be provisionally approved before they even were offered a place. They knew the numbers involved and the staffing required, that is not a students problem.

We applied the day the application process opened, we sent all documents back and these have been waiting assessment since June 19th. Today, three months later, the online application tracker has changed to additional documentation requested. It should not take 3 months for documents to be processed or almost 4 months since application began, we're back at start again. This is clearly inefficient service.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I don't blame the SUSI workers themselves at all out in Abtran - but the project manager who saw triple the number of applications and didn't raise their staffing adequately to ensure SLA's are met has a lot to answer for. Especially as failure to secure adequate headcount was identified as an issue in a previous report.
    The review acknowledged that SUSI had difficulty in securing all the staff resources it required in the timeframe set out in the agreed implementation plan. Consequently, a significant amount of management time was spent addressing resourcing issues.

There were communications and expectation difficulties that resulted in insufficient clarity and understanding provided to applicants in relation to key dates, deadlines and documentary evidence required to support applications. This complicated an already complex grants scheme for applicants, staff and other stakeholders. It also contributed to different stakeholder expectations of what SUSI would deliver and when.

The resourcing and other issues experienced during set up (and subsequently) were largely resolved.

- Second Update to the Joint Committee on Education and Social Protection on the operation of Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) - June 2013

Transition to college (from school-leavers or for mature students) is challenging enough, never mind the additional financial strain and worry of having to start lessons (and stump up cash up front for fees, equipment and living expenses) without knowing if one's application will be approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

Right so my grantsonline page changed today from Awaiting Assessment to in the queue for Final Assessment - decided to ring SUSI to find out how long this would take.

They told me I've been provisionally awarded a grant and this was posted out to me on the 10th of June - did not receive this letter, rang numerous times in the past month and no one has been able to tell me this any sooner.

They also told me I now need to send in the FCA form - all the times I've rang I've been told I don't need to send this in, they emailed me this on Monday which I did not receive, man on the phone said no you probably wouldn't have received it if you've opted in on CAO but sure you need to send us it anyway.

I have no idea whether to be fuming at the state of the communication or delighted because I've been provisionally accepted?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Everybody i know who was stuck at the last stage has this morning been moved to the "queued for final assessment" i think its just another move by susi to buy themselves time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

Yup, changed to 'Final Assessment' myself today...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Mine now says

"Documentation has been received. Application queued for Final Assessment."

Which pretty much is the same as "Application Awaiting Assessment", no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Additional documentation requested from applicant.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

I feel sorry for anyone that had their status changed "Additional documentation requested from applicant".. Simply because their application has probably gone in in June or July, and only hearing now that you need more documents is a joke - for people needing social welfare statements etc... it's going to take at least another month and a half -2 months.

My application has been changed to "Documentation has been received. Application queued for Final Assessment", but surely that's only an excuse for SUSI to buy themselves another few weeks of stalling! It's a joke. I don't think SUSI understand that not every family earns 40k a year, and some students rely on that grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i was awaiting for final assesment for a long time, and now this.

doesnt that mean the person that put me from stage 2 to stage 3 wasnt doing their job

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Just to let a few people know, even though SUSI say the deal with the earliest applications first, well I have evidence that suggest otherwise. I'm going into second year after a year out and without a grant so I had to make a fresh application; so I applied for my grant back in June/july, by July 18th I was on the final stage and have been ever since. My brother who is going into 1st year left everything until the last second and only actually applied for the grant on the closing day on the 1st of August, and only sent his documentation in about a week ago is on the exact same stage as me, and has been moved to queued for final assessment this morning like mine has been for 2 months.......

rawn wrote: »
    Mine now says

"Documentation has been received. Application queued for Final Assessment."

Which pretty much is the same as "Application Awaiting Assessment", no?

Yeah pretty much. And given that they never changed the date I presume it means the exact same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

just checked susi 5 mins ago it has now changed to awarded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

dan1 wrote: »
    just checked susi 5 mins ago it has now changed to awarded

Congratulations, so obviously their tracker is not a live/real-time. Doubt it very much if anyone is working at 12 midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

Sup08 wrote: »
    Congratulations, so obviously their tracker is not a live/real-time. Doubt it very much if anyone is working at 12 midnight.[/

It was earlier today it was awarded I only checked a while ago I checked for an e mail but have received none as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Susi is on the move my daughter is after phoning and said that her application has changed to awarded or granted not sure which. Well thank god for that

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

Mines been on step two since may 26 but say provisionally awarded does this mean I got it I wonder?even though they have asked for no documentstion

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

This might be of some use to people regarding the waiting period. I have just phoned susi and was told that today they are finishing the June applications and as of Monday will start to work through the July applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DoomDaDa

I just got a letter from them saying I've been awarded turns out the online one had changes since Wednesday. Now I can breath easy!

DoomDaDa wrote: »
    I just got a letter from them saying I've been awarded turns out the online one had changes since Wednesday. Now I can breath easy!

Yea letter in post today also

clairek6 wrote: »
    Mines been on step two since may 26 but say provisionally awarded does this mean I got it I wonder?even though they have asked for no documentstion

did you send no documents at all I KNOW WE HAD TO SEND NO DOCUMENTS BUT WE HAD TO SEND a check list did you send that

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

DoomDaDa wrote: »

When did you apply? did you online tracker ever come up saying 'under query, pending clarification'? I'm starting to worry now because I applied the day it opened and never got a letter this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DoomDaDa

When did you apply? did you online tracker ever come up saying 'under query, pending clarification'? I'm starting to worry now because I applied the day it opened and never got a letter this morning.
    I applied the week it open. Sent my documents off when they asked and I'm just glad to have heard from them. I'm sure they're only starting to get back to everyone. Try not to stress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

lulu1 wrote: »
    did you send no documents at all I KNOW WE HAD TO SEND NO DOCUMENTS BUT WE HAD TO SEND a check list did you send that

No i sent nothing at all. Just reapplied online in may..

Advertisement