Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Grant application

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

DoomDaDa wrote: »
    I applied the week it open. Sent my documents off when they asked and I'm just glad to have heard from them. I'm sure they're only starting to get back to everyone. Try not to stress.

I know I'm just anxious to know by this stage! does your online tracker say awarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DoomDaDa

Yea, it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 alex03

Yesterday when I saw the request for further documentation, I emailed them quoting the Service Level Agreement of 10th Oct. and stating I wanted it escalated to complaint status. A manager called me back and said they were looking for proof of residency, despite six years attendance at same school and never living outside the state. Anyway, I emailed everything back and just got a call from manager that the grant has been awarded. It is certainly worth writing a formal complaint if you believe there has been mismanagement or negligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Good to hear, I'm surprised at how efficiently they managed to process it once you escalated the case. There's hope for us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

clairek6 wrote: »
    No i sent nothing at all. Just reapplied online in may..

If I was you I would get on to them first thing Monday Probably closed now. I could be wrong but i think you should have got a check list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

lulu1 wrote: »
    If I was you I would get on to them first thing Monday Probably closed now. I could be wrong but i think you should have got a check list

Sent them an email there, according to the website they are open til 1pm tomorrow,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

"Documentation has been received. Application queued for Final Assessment" ...

how many have "Date Page Last Updated: 19 Sep 2014 02:44:10" or close to that time ... I have 2 applying for grant and they both have same date and time ... looks like an automated status update rather than somebody actually changing the status

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Gosh wrote: »
    "Documentation has been received. Application queued for Final Assessment" ...

how many have "Date Page Last Updated: 19 Sep 2014 02:44:10" or close to that time ... I have 2 applying for grant and they both have same date and time ... looks like an automated status update rather than somebody actually changing the status

I have the exact same status, I've been on the last stage since the 8th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

alex03 wrote: »
    Yesterday when I saw the request for further documentation, I emailed them quoting the Service Level Agreement of 10th Oct

what's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I'm the same as a lot of people here. My application was made in the first week and has been stuck at the last stage since July 10th.

I have made numerous phone calls and they have all been a waste of money as all they tell me is we have a back log and check the online tracker.

It changed from Awaiting final assessment to documentation received, awaiting final assessment. Is this not exactly the same thing?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Online tracker has updated to "Awarded Renewal 1 Year Only". Is this '1 year only' the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Westeros wrote: »
    Online tracker has updated to "Awarded Renewal 1 Year Only". Is this '1 year only' the norm?

It means that you are to be re-assesed next year instead of automatically renewed.
    Did you indicate a change to circumstances on your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Sup08 wrote: »
    It means that you are to be re-assesed next year instead of automatically renewed.
    Did you indicate a change to circumstances on your application?

Okay. Would that be the same as this year then? I was down as "Reassessment" this year but they didn't check any documents, I just had to sign and send away a declaration form. No, no change in circumstances just a change in the name of a social welfare payment i.e loan parent stopped and Fís started, but the amount being received is slightly less than it was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ckd

Hey all, I finally got a letter from susi today saying awarded fees only. I should also be entitled to the maintenance grant though so I rang them and they said I ticked the box on application saying I'd be applying for BTEA 😠I feel like an idiot now, i'v to wait another few months for them to sort that 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sara3305

ckd wrote: »
    Hey all, I finally got a letter from susi today saying awarded fees only. I should also be entitled to the maintenance grant though so I rang them and they said I ticked the box on application saying I'd be applying for BTEA 😠I feel like an idiot now, i'v to wait another few months for them to sort that 😪

how do you know if you're entitled to a maintenence grant?

Sara3305 wrote: »
    how do you know if you're entitled to a maintenence grant?

Fees only is an award for applications that may be under threshold to receive a maintenance part of the grant but are in receipt of BTEA, disqualifying them from maintenance.

Fees only is an award for applications that may be under threshold to receive a maintenance part of the grant but are in receipt of BTEA, disqualifying them from maintenance.

I got the letter today saying part of my fees would be paid but no maintenence. I never applied for a BTEA though.

I got the letter today saying part of my fees would be paid but no maintenence. I never applied for a BTEA though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

This is a screenshot of my account area
    http://puu.sh/bMaBm/a8d9960d62.png

I submitted my renewal in may.

Does anyone know whether or not I should have gotten a letter asking for documentation or not? It says 100% completed at the top but there seems to be 2 areas uncompleted in the main area.

If you are in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance it maybe automatically transferred to BTEA or you are over the threshold for maintenance.
    If none of this applies you should contact SUSI.

• Advertisement

This is a screenshot of my account area
    http://puu.sh/bMaBm/a8d9960d62.png

I submitted my renewal in may.

Does anyone know whether or not I should have gotten a letter asking for documentation or not? It says 100% completed at the top but there seems to be 2 areas uncompleted in the main area.

It says in the picture your already awarded Fees Only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

It says in the picture your already awarded Fees Only.

I know that and it was what I was expecting however there is two areas below that that are not ticked off.

I know that and it was what I was expecting however there is two areas below that that are not ticked off.

You are not selected for re-assesment and therefore they don't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ring SUSI and tell them that.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sinewaves

I got awarded the grant this morning. I was waiting since June 27th. That's where they are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Susi sent me a letter looking for more documentation.
    I sent them in everything they asked for when they asked for it and know this.
    I need this grant for my fees and now this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Susi sent grant to the college before i knew i was adwarded, got a letter a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Susi sent me a letter looking for more documentation.
    I sent them in everything they asked for when they asked for it and know this.
    I need this grant for my fees and now this

If you feel this is poor service use their complaints procedure

http://www.susi.ie/QuickLinks/Complaints.aspx

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

I have been stuck on stage 2 awarded renewal, since early June..I was never asked to send in more documents as far as i know, as i had to confirm that my details were the same as last year..I havent heard anything since,starting to worry now..

• Advertisement

I have been stuck on stage 2 awarded renewal, since early June..I was never asked to send in more documents as far as i know, as i had to confirm that my details were the same as last year..I havent heard anything since,starting to worry now..

It says "Awarded Renewal", that's it... you are awarded.

You won't here anything else, did you get an award letter?

Advertisement