Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Grant application

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Sup08 wrote: »
    If you only applied in the 15th August, you would not be a priority application. The closing date for priority applications was 1st August.

no all my documentation went in on the 15th according to the site and its been in the que since then i applied about 2 weeks before the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 15 borderbuddy

Sorry to put you on a bigger downer but my daughter applied on 28 July, they received documents on 8th Sept and FCA less than 2 weeks ago. Status changed to awarded yesterday.

I honestly thought she would be last in line given the date application was made and I feel bad that there are still people desperately waiting for an answer. No logic to it at all.

Must say im shocked but with susi i cant say im surprised....we applied day it opened ,documents with them since early june ,fca could only be completed when enrolling as has to be stamped, sent in 2 weeks ago rang today told will prob miss first payment date ..only for financial support from other family members college would not be happening and is only being done on the shortest of shoestring budgets till grant is sorted.. the system has to change its just not possible for those in most need of grant aid to do all thats needed to begin college without the grant ....

Must say im shocked but with susi i cant say im surprised....we applied day it opened ,documents with them since early june ,fca could only be completed when enrolling as has to be stamped, sent in 2 weeks ago rang today told will prob miss first payment date ..only for financial support from other family members college would not be happening and is only being done on the shortest of shoestring budgets till grant is sorted.. the system has to change its just not possible for those in most need of grant aid to do all thats needed to begin college without the grant ....

if at all possible could you post this info on the susi facebook page there are sooo many people being misled and misinformed as most people stop viewing when grant is awarded this might shake them up

many thanks

strawberry milkshake if at all possible could you post this info on the susi facebook page there are sooo many people being misled and misinformed as most people stop viewing when grant is awarded this might shake them up

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I applied first week in May. They have my documents since July 10th and my application is awaiting assessment aince this date.

No update on my online tracker at all. I rang yesterday and they told me a decision was made on Monday however they couldn't tell me what decision as the letter hasn't been generated yet.

My online tracker had still not updated and no letter either so I'm still in the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Awarded my Renewal today! Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I applied first week in May. They have my documents since July 10th and my application is awaiting assessment aince this date.

No update on my online tracker at all. I rang yesterday and they told me a decision was made on Monday however they couldn't tell me what decision as the letter hasn't been generated yet.

My online tracker had still not updated and no letter either so I'm still in the dark.
    Contact SUSI that seems way too long for a change.

Contact SUSI that seems way too long for a change.

Oh I have every week and emailed them 4 times. They are useless! Just keep telling me to check the online tracker.

Oh I have every week and emailed them 4 times. They are useless! Just keep telling me to check the online tracker.

Email them and tell them you want to escalate your query or want a call back from a supervisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LisaNiChon

Seeing as it is actually into the academic year by now you might want to contact your TD and ask if they can do or find out anything for you, it helped me out my first year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

^ that's exactly what I did. My application went from initially assessed this time last week to queued for final assessment to awarded within the week after meeting my local T.D.

^ that's exactly what I did. My application went from initially assessed this time last week to queued for final assessment to awarded within the week after meeting my local T.D.

This may have been just a coincidence and may have been already set to be awarded.
    I don't think there is any basis on which a T.D. can compel an authority to seek favour over one individual to another in respect of procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

This may have been just a coincidence and may have been already set to be awarded.
    I don't think there is any basis on which a T.D. can compel an authority to seek favour over one individual to another in respect of procedures.

They're still going to try. If TDs start getting involved and try to start leapfrogging applicants it will delay the rest of us even more. I'm on "Application queued for final assessment" for about 3 weeks now. My documentation was received by SUSI on July 17th and I was told by them this morning that I should know "in a week or two" if my application has been successful. They said I will hear by post only, so no point in checking tracker. Still in the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Do SUSI pay the student contribution to you or your college ?

All fee parts of the grant directly to the college. Only the maintenance part is paid directly to the student.
    Even if the student pays the college while waiting on their fees grant, they must seek a refund from the college.

Finally!!!

Been checking every day and just checked there and my status says awarded!!

I applied beginning of May. They received my documents and my application had been awaiting assessment since July 10th and only today has the status changed to Aproved!

It doesn't specify what I am entitled to do hopefully the letter they send will outline that! So relieved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Finally!!!

Been checking every day and just checked there and my status says awarded!!

I applied beginning of May. They received my documents and my application had been awaiting assessment since July 10th and only today has the status changed to Aproved!

It doesn't specify what I am entitled to do hopefully the letter they send will outline that! So relieved!!
    I am waiting since july 11th so this gives me hope i will hear something next week hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Applied in May, was on the 4th stage from the 8th of July and got awarded the grant on the 29th September. Absolutely delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

when will the maintenence grant start being paid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I sent my 'additional documentation' 10 days ago to susi and it still hasnt arrived according to them. Its gone missing in the post, which is hard to believe because i used their self addressed envelope.
    Anyone have experiences like that?
    I sent off a registered letter with the additional documentation to them this evening with a tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 josephine expi

Does anyone know when the fees part of the grant would be paid to the sch pls??

Does anyone know when the fees part of the grant would be paid to the sch pls??

It goes directly to the college, why do you need to know?
    Have you been awarded?
    Have you asked SUSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

Susi sent me a letter looking for more documentation.
    I sent them in everything they asked for when they asked for it and know this.
    I need this grant for my fees and now this

Im in the same boat! I sent in all my docs early june and i got a letter a week ago asking for more docs!! the document they asked for i had already sent in! they needed proof i was living in Ireland last year and last years earnings didnt cover that!! Its ridiculous by this stage 5 months later and i still dont know if im getting awarded or not!

I rang after they received my 'new' document and your man on the phone was of no help and told me i will be waiting another 4-6 weeks before i find out!!

This system is an absolute joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Im in the same boat! I sent in all my docs early june and i got a letter a week ago asking for more docs!! the document they asked for i had already sent in! they needed proof i was living in Ireland last year and last years earnings didnt cover that!! Its ridiculous by this stage 5 months later and i still dont know if im getting awarded or not!

I rang after they received my 'new' document and your man on the phone was of no help and told me i will be waiting another 4-6 weeks before i find out!!

This system is an absolute joke!

The system is great. Sent documents in and the man on the phone couldn't of been more helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

The system is great. Sent documents in and the man on the phone couldn't of been more helpful

Well in my opinion its a joke. They waited 4 months to ask me for a document they already had? What could possibly take them this long? I applied the day it opened and sent all my documents in on the 11th of June and then they send me a letter the last week in september asking for more documents? I'm sorry but that is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Starting to lose patience myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yabazza

I envisage the SUSI office to be akin to that of a well-known Cavan based insurance company I used to work for. And that's not a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I was awarded last week, letter says they need proof of attendance. Do I send them this, or do they get it directly from the college?

• Advertisement

I was awarded last week, letter says they need proof of attendance. Do I send them this, or do they get it directly from the college?

If it doesn't ask you to provide it, then it may come from the college.
    In what context does it say "proof of attendance"?

Advertisement