Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Grant application

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yabazza

I was awarded last week, letter says they need proof of attendance. Do I send them this, or do they get it directly from the college?

The college provides that information directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

Still waiting. . :/ I'm getting a little anxious

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

My online tracker says "Awarded Fees Only".

FINALLY!! Had all my doc in since July 11th. Phew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KhAoS_ThEoRy

Most people are saying that their online tracker says "awarded fees only" etc etc. Mine just got updated yesterday to simply "awarded". Does that mean I received maintenance and fees? I've yet to get a letter.

Most people are saying that their online tracker says "awarded fees only" etc etc. Mine just got updated yesterday to simply "awarded". Does that mean I received maintenance and fees? I've yet to get a letter.

I would expect so, seeing as in other cases they specify one or the other. Gratz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

rawn wrote: »

Mine says "Awarded" now, docs in since July 19, so looks like they're finally doing it in sequence. Phew x 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Only left my documents in on the 15th September so I'll have a long wait for a decision.

mountcisco wrote: »
    Mine says "Awarded" now, docs in since July 19, so looks like they're finally doing it in sequence. Phew x 2!

Nice one. Mine says docs received since 31st July so hopefully not too much longer to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Only sent my documents in on 14th of August and mine was updated to awarded almost two weeks ago.. no complaints here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

is it taking long for people to receive the letter from susi after being approved/awarded on the online tracker? Mine updated to 'awarded fees only' over the weekend, but I still haven't received anything in the post.

• Advertisement

indough wrote: »
    is it taking long for people to receive the letter from susi after being approved/awarded on the online tracker? Mine updated to 'awarded fees only' over the weekend, but I still haven't received anything in the post.

I got mine in the post this morning after being awarded 3 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

indough wrote: »

I was awarded yesterday and got letter this morning. Might be worth contacting SUSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

What's the date for the first payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    What's the date for the first payment?

Depends, today for renewals, Friday the 17th for higher education and the 24th for further education.

My online tracker finally changed to "awarded" today, waiting since may 29th. Hopefully that means I ll get my first payment next week.

Fwiw to those still queuing for final assessment, even tho I ticked the box on the cao I filled out the FCA form online and my status changed within 48 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Mine said awarded, nothing else and I got 100% fees and 100% maintainance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭ronano

I had to prove independent status from 2011 onwards, the only thing i could get my hands on for 2011- mid 2012 was electric ireland sending me out a copy of an old bill. The bill they sent out was just a a4 page with typed text and some handwritten pen with my details of the account, the address at the time, the bill amount info, when it was due etc. It had no official logo and is the best they can do because i have no account with them anymore. I wrote a cover letter explaining it and threw in a mobile phone bill, i know it's not covered under susi guidelines but it at least shows i had a bill for the address at the time. I can easily prove independent status from mid 2012 just afraid that 2011 to mid 2012 electric ireland will screw me. Just curious if anyone was in similar situation and how it turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

Did anyone do the FCA thing? I filled out out and all that but I didn't get an email about it. The logon page says it got accepted...we'll see next Friday where I'm at. Broke as a m.f right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

rawn wrote: »

Im so pissed off they have all my documents since the 11th of JUNE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

They've had mine since early June, too. Hoping to hear back soon, otherwise I'll have to just defer and try again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

ronano wrote: »
    I had to prove independent status from 2011 onwards, the only thing i could get my hands on for 2011- mid 2012 was electric ireland sending me out a copy of an old bill. The bill they sent out was just a a4 page with typed text and some handwritten pen with my details of the account, the address at the time, the bill amount info, when it was due etc. It had no official logo and is the best they can do because i have no account with them anymore. I wrote a cover letter explaining it and threw in a mobile phone bill, i know it's not covered under susi guidelines but it at least shows i had a bill for the address at the time. I can easily prove independent status from mid 2012 just afraid that 2011 to mid 2012 electric ireland will screw me. Just curious if anyone was in similar situation and how it turned out.

It has to a bill. If you can't get a bill request an official copy, they have to be able to issue this. If not, a typed and written letter will not be accepted and mobile phone bills are not accepted at all.
    What about other proof like your rental agreement?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

At last daughter has been awarded. I hope all others waiting get theres. Seems there is no logical order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

jjll wrote: »
    At last daughter has been awarded. I hope all others waiting get theres. Seems there is no logical order.

When did she apply ? I have been waiting since late may!

Anyone else still waiting? Surely Susi should have decisions made my now. Documents were submitted and received on 11th September

Just from reading the comments on here it seems there is neither rhyme nor reason to how they are working through it. Messaged them on facebook yesterday and got the same stock response that they gave me two months ago. I'm getting really nervous now.

we would hardly get declined this far in the process? I mean we've passed all the other criteria. If you have submitted the relevant documentation we should be alright. Here's hoping anyway.

I don't know. I'm on BTEA so I just need the fees part. My housemate reckons I won't get it because I was living at home with my elderly pensioner parents until the start of September. Sligo IT has been great but doubt they'll wait forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ceady

My Daughter got a letter from SUSI this morning stating she has been awarded 100% maintenance grant she thought this was great, until she read on and discovered she will receive €135 per month + Fee's paid direct to the college
    Is this correct????
    I am lost for words when she attended Junior school I got €160 per month children's allowance

Ceady wrote: »
    My Daughter got a letter from SUSI this morning stating she has been awarded 100% maintenance grant she thought this was great, until she read on and discovered she will receive €135 per month + Fee's paid direct to the college
    Is this correct????
    I am lost for words when she attended Junior school I got €160 per month children's allowance

That seems correct, it's supposed to be just enough to cover college materials and travel

When did she apply ? I have been waiting since late may!

All papperwork went in may

• Advertisement

Does awarded mean its 100% maintence and fees

Advertisement