Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Grant application

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

Just to let people know where SUSI are at the moment, got awarded today docs were received on the 31st of July.
    Efficient bunch of w@?kers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭ramonarosie

Anyone know the likely hood of my getting money on friday? I'm kinda broke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yabazza

jjll wrote: »
    Does awarded mean its 100% maintence and fees

From what I've gathered, "Awarded" means you've got the whole lot; "Fees Only" means just that. Don't take that as gospel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Yabazza

My folks just told me I got a letter from SUSI looking for more info, and they want it before 28th October. SUSI have no sense of irony or shame. I'm frustrated beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Just got email saying I will get first payment tomorrow (awarded couple of weeks ago).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Gipo3 wrote: »
    Just got email saying I will get first payment tomorrow (awarded couple of weeks ago).

same :D, got approved last week.

thank fook thats it till next May or till susi screw up a payment

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Yabazza wrote: »
    My folks just told me I got a letter from SUSI looking for more info, and they want it before 28th October. SUSI have no sense of irony or shame. I'm frustrated beyond belief.

What other information do they need?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Protest the Zero

No sense of irony eh?

Still though, I'm in the same boat...well, punctured dinghy. I think no email means no money

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

I got home to the same letter. Asking for extra documentation, when I specifically sent everything they asked. Going to call them tomorrow and find out exactly what they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

FYI I got "Awarded", and the letter said 50% maintenance (adjacent) and 100% fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

For people who are being requested extra documentation I would suggest 2 things.

1 use susis complaint process. Its on their website
    2 also lodge a complaint with all of your local TDs

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KhAoS_ThEoRy

Just to let you know, I've received "awarded" status through the online tracker and got a letter two days later awarding 100% maintenance (non-adjacent) and 100% fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Money is in lads!!!!!!!!! woooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

T0001 wrote: »
    Money is in lads!!!!!!!!! woooop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't gotten anything here. Not to sound greedy but do we get September and October this month? The email I got yesterday only listed the amount I should be getting for October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Haven't gotten anything here. Not to sound greedy but do we get September and October this month? The email I got yesterday only listed the amount I should be getting for October.

Your paid October to june

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

Just checked online and it says awarded :D Anyone any idea what i get now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Ceady

It's not near enough to cover college materials and travel

But what can you do!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Finally got awarded today . Had completed application in since 11th july

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I had all documents since June. During final assessment a month ago they requested 2 more documents that weren't originally asked for. I sent hen in within 3 days. Will this affect my grant application time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I had all documents since June. During final assessment a month ago they requested 2 more documents that weren't originally asked for. I sent hen in within 3 days. Will this affect my grant application time ?

Impossible for us to say. Only SUSI heldesk can answer.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

i was in the same boat as u, i sent in my last 2 documents about 2 weeks ago and i got awarded this morning.
    any day now u should know

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fanner487

I don't want to sound greedy or anything but I received my first payment from SUSI on Friday but only received the October payment and not the September one. Does anybody know when I will get the September one or if I will get it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Fanner487 wrote: »
    I don't want to sound greedy or anything but I received my first payment from SUSI on Friday but only received the October payment and not the September one. Does anybody know when I will get the September one or if I will get it at all?

Someone above said that you only get paid Oct - June. I was full sure someone told me that you get backpaid for September, but I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fanner487

Someone above said that you only get paid Oct - June. I was full sure someone told me that you get backpaid for September, but I guess not.

Yeah people told me you get the back payment included in the October payment. I sent an e-mail anyway so I'll find out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

There is no payment for September. You only get paid for nine months from October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Sup08

Yes ^^^ it's paid on your attendance. So you are paid in October based on the colleges return to SUSI of your attendance for September. A total of 9 payments up to June.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Has anybody that sent documents back in August been awarded yet? I dread to think that SUSI are still only processing July applications at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Has anybody that sent documents back in August been awarded yet? I dread to think that SUSI are still only processing July applications at the moment.

Some August applications have been awarded since October 10th (renewals).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Stephen6388

SUSI since day one have been nothing but a disappointment. I started college the first year SUSI was set up and I have had classmates drop out as it took until May to sort out the issues. Some classmates stuck with it while others dropped out over pressure and being locked off college computers (essential for submitting college work) even though they got entitled to the grant almost a year after applying!!! A bit late.
    In saying that SUSI was only set up that year and had more than enough problems. Although that is no fault of the students and no excuse for the slow process and stress they put students through.
    Things have improved as far as I am aware and from experience first year always takes the longest as you are new to the system and they have to go through all the records of processing you and all your paperwork.
    As long as your financial status does not change in the coming year/s then the process is a lot quicker.

I have to agree though, the current system is inadequate and stressful for students and parents chasing paperwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

It's just unbelievable.

i sent an email got one this morning saying my form has now just only begun to start being assessed. And i should expect a "Update" within the next 2 Weeks!

i thought the assessment would be finished by now. It's hard enough as it is at the moment Travel expenses and teachers asking me for money also for certain materials.

And now the Mid-Term is here nearly and i'll have nothing to purchase any college stuff i need or basically do anything else. :cool:

As usual nothing surprises me anymore. And people wonder why so many Students have to drop out! I'll never understand why it takes so long to process grants as it should be a pretty straight forward thing and nobody will ever be able to answer the question.

Disappointed and Frustrated is a complete understatement.

Advertisement