Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Grant application

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭black_magic

Vayda wrote: »
    Going to have to defer my course for the year, as susi are requesting a specific document from me that doesn't exist. A utility bill in my name from Oct 2013 specifically. All the bills were in my partners name and we moved between then and now. Susi said they are strict on documents, so I'm not going to get mine. Shame it took them so long to assess what was sent in early June.

Is the utility bill for proof of residency? If so, you could get in touch with the landlord and ask them for a letter stating the address, rent paid, dates etc. You shouldn't have to defer because of this, not everyone has bills in their own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

Is the utility bill for proof of residency? If so, you could get in touch with the landlord and ask them for a letter stating the address, rent paid, dates etc. You shouldn't have to defer because of this, not everyone has bills in their own name.

Yeah, I spoke with them about it, and then contacted my landlord sending them a letter. They deemed it insufficient and declined it. I changed some bills into my name at my new address, for next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kakidd

Sorry, quick question. I'm still waiting final assessment.
    Are you married to your partner?
    I had nos bills with my name last year. So I send on my husband name and our marriage certificate.
    I hope it's not an issue.
    Thanks

Kakidd wrote: »
    Sorry, quick question. I'm still waiting final assessment.
    Are you married to your partner?
    I had nos bills with my name last year. So I send on my husband name and our marriage certificate.
    I hope it's not an issue.
    Thanks

No, I'm not. We've been cohabiting for about 6 years. If you send in your marriage cert, that's fine. I've read that's what you do if you're married and the bills are in your spouses name.

Thanks for The answer Vadia. Sorry to hear about your situation.
    I'm over two months waiting final assessment and can't bare the idea that after all they would refuse the grant to me.

• Advertisement

Kakidd wrote: »
    Thanks for The answer Vadia. Sorry to hear about your situation.
    I'm over two months waiting final assessment and can't bare the idea that after all they would refuse the grant to me.

No problem :) Hope it works out for you.

Going to get working and save up. Might have better luck with everything next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 TheAdammaka

Hi guys, my application has been on finial assessment since 10th September. Does anyone have any idea when it will be through?
    Thanks!

check this How long did it take you to receive the grant
    i cant post the link because Im new user

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Hi I am new to this so hoping someone can help me out!

I have been awarded the following rate and type of grant:

Maintenance: 100% rate (Adjacent)
    Undergraduate Fees: 100% rate of Student Contribution or 100% Tuition Fees.

However I am confused by the Maintenance Grant:

"Your maintenance grant has been awarded at the adjacent rate on the basis that the assessed distance via the shortest most direct route, excluding toll roads, from your normal residence to the institution you are attending is 45km or less."

Does normal residence mean your home address or your student accomodation? As my home address is 180km from the college. Can anyone simplify this for me or explain how the Maintenance grant is worked out?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭questionmark

It's the distance from your home (parents house) to collage

• Advertisement

Thanks questionmark. Still confused.

Ring them tomorrow and ask . If this is your first year in collage have you been living in the same address for the last few years , and its over 45km from Ur collage ?

Yes it's my first year in college. And yes I have always lived at the same address which is my parents house 180km from the college.

Probably just a mistake or something so . Ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kleiner feigling

Heard an interview on todayfm today with a UCD student waiting on a grant.
    Good to hear the issue getting some attention in the media.
    I'd recommend that you all lodge complaints with SUSI if you've had a bad experience (as I have)
    It's totally unacceptable that people have been waiting so long, dropping out of courses or getting themselves into debt because of the crazy delays.
    They badly need to fix the system.
    Wishing you all luck with your applications.
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

More documents requested...
    YAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I emailed them in a conplaint, i didn't get any reply by email or anything like that from susi to say they received it, I sent it into the compliants email address! Usually if you send anything to susi support you get automated email back but I didn't for the complaint would it be better to post it in?

kaki wrote: »
    More documents requested...
    YAY.

Seems to be all susi are doing, is requesting more documents from people :(

bri007, I sent my complaint to the complaints email address and they replied to me about 5 days later (although they did spell my name completely wrong...)
    Have you been waiting long?
    On the site it says you'll get a reply within 5 days.

I' only sent in the complaint least Friday. I've applied to susi the first day it opened back up but they keep requesting more and more documents and putting me to the bottom of the queue each time.

Did you get anywhere with the complaint?

• Advertisement

No progress yet but the person investigating my complaint contacted me directly and will contact me again to try and resolve it. Not sure what the time-frame will be exactly.
    I don't expect my complaint to speed up the assessment process but I just want them to acknowledge the mistakes made and make stop it happening in future.

Yeah true, if more people complain hopefully it will help others applying the next time

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

bri007 wrote: »
    I emailed them in a conplaint, i didn't get any reply by email or anything like that from susi to say they received it, I sent it into the compliants email address! Usually if you send anything to susi support you get automated email back but I didn't for the complaint would it be better to post it in?

I complained a few weeks ago and not go automated response. Took about 5 or 6 working days to get a response. I was very impressed with their response if I'm honest and I got a phone call to follow up everything from the response. I'd say hold out another day or two. If you get nothing by Monday I'd contact them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Anyone any idea how the back payments work? Got approval towards the end of October and received a payment in the first week of Nov, but that leaves sept and oct not paid as of yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Payments are a month in arrears. October's payment covered attendance in September, Novembers payment will be for October and so on.

I would imagine the payment you got was Octobers payment covering September. You should get another payment in a week or 2 for October

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

Anyone any idea how the back payments work? Got approval towards the end of October and received a payment in the first week of Nov, but that leaves sept and oct not paid as of yet?

No one gets paid in september but you will get paid in june to make up for that. You should get another payment next friday again I think to cover november

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Owryan wrote: »
    Payments are a month in arrears. October's payment covered attendance in September, Novembers payment will be for October and so on.

I would imagine the payment you got was Octobers payment covering September. You should get another payment in a week or 2 for October
    clairek6 wrote: »
    No one gets paid in september but you will get paid in june to make up for that. You should get another payment next friday again I think to cover november

Thanks guys, dont remember getting June payments in the past but i'll bow to your wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Irish_poster

Can anyone tell me how long it is for the "Application queued for Final Assessment" process? And what about the process after that? I know it says 4-6 weeks but I think that's a load of bollocks to be honest. I got a letter as well today saying I have to fill out an FCA form and fill in my bank details but I have them already done with 2 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

I was told (after messaging them on Facebook last week) that I should receive a letter within 10 days. Similar to you, applied in July, documents submitted in August, more docs requested and resubmitted in early November. Living in hope, can't help but suspect the 10 day line is a load of b*llocks as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

kaki wrote: »
    I was told (after messaging them on Facebook last week) that I should receive a letter within 10 days. Similar to you, applied in July, documents submitted in August, more docs requested and resubmitted in early November. Living in hope, can't help but suspect the 10 day line is a load of b*llocks as well.

Probably is b*llocks. I had to send in more documents and they received them a week later on October 2nd. No letter or anything yet.

Advertisement