Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Grant application

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

eildar wrote: »
    Alf66 just wondering did you apply on the 16th June or were all your documents received on the 16th. My son applied in May they had all documents in June. Have awaiting final assessment since then. I spoke to SUSI today again and they said they are starting to award to new applications after the 5th of September.

I applied in may and have been awaiting final assessment since 16th June too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KhAoS_ThEoRy

rawn wrote: »
    What is this?

Basically, during the initial stages of first setting up your SUSI application you're asked whether or not you want CAO to fill this out or yourself. If you choose yourself, you must fill it out and send it back to SUSI but if you choose CAO to do it, you just have to wait until they do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Basically, during the initial stages of first setting up your SUSI application you're asked whether or not you want CAO to fill this out or yourself. If you choose yourself, you must fill it out and send it back to SUSI but if you choose CAO to do it, you just have to wait until they do it.

Oh I see. I figured having CAO do it would be faster, but now I think not :P

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GingerNut93

I chose for the CAO to do it and last week they still hadn't told susi so I had to fill in the FAC on the grant website

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Guys I'm on the final stages of my SUSI grant (awaiting assessment) I've sent in all documents ect. Whats the chances I won't recive this grant? At such a mate stage is it likely I won't get the grant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

TheBoss11 wrote: »
    Guys I'm on the final stages of my SUSI grant (awaiting assessment) I've sent in all documents ect. Whats the chances I won't recive this grant? At such a mate stage is it likely I won't get the grant?

if you're under the income threshold stated on the websites, you'll get the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Just to.let people know, i rang yesterday to ask how long it takes to process as im back.to college next week and have heard nothing..

From when they receive your documentation its 8 - 10 weeks until you get a decision.

Just so people have an idea

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Just to.let people know, i rang yesterday to ask how long it takes to process as im back.to college next week and have heard nothing..

From when they receive your documentation its 8 - 10 weeks until you get a decision.

They told me 8-10 weeks too but when i said sure you have mine over ten weeks they just told me to wait it out. so i wouldnt bank on it being in that time frame either

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

bennyl10 wrote: »

I'm over 11 weeks at final assessment I wonder how many weeks the will tell me!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

eildar wrote: »
    Alf66 just wondering did you apply on the 16th June or were all your documents received on the 16th. My son applied in May they had all documents in June. Have awaiting final assessment since then. I spoke to SUSI today again and they said they are starting to award to new applications after the 5th of September.

Applied online 11th June.
    Went to Application received and being checked on 16th June.
    Think a lot of it is pot luck really, have you filled in bank details and ticked for sharing info with CAO, or filled in FCA form if not?

Think we were just lucky, Daughters application put in same date is still awaiting assessment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

They told me 8-10 weeks too but when i said sure you have mine over ten weeks they just told me to wait it out. so i wouldnt bank on it being in that time frame either

I was told 12 weeks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭eildar

alf66 wrote: »
    Applied online 11th June.
    Went to Application received and being checked on 16th June.
    Think a lot of it is pot luck really, have you filled in bank details and ticked for sharing info with CAO, or filled in FCA form if not?

Think we were just lucky, Daughters application put in same date is still awaiting assessment.

Yeah they were able to tell me his what course he was doing. So those details have gone through to them. I think it's just a waiting game now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 inda_dark

Can anyone answer me this. I applied to SUSI the week it opened (like most on here) and haven't heard anything back (again like most). I am due to register this Thursday and rang my college and explained the situation. The woman on the phone told me that it was bull$?it what SUSI have been saying that she has gotten grant acceptance letters in front of her on her desk from people.

Has anyone actually gotten the letter of SUSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

inda_dark wrote: »
    Can anyone answer me this. I applied to SUSI the week it opened (like most on here) and haven't heard anything back (again like most). I am due to register this Thursday and rang my college and explained the situation. The woman on the phone told me that it was bull$?it what SUSI have been saying that she has gotten grant acceptance letters in front of her on her desk from people.

Has anyone actually gotten the letter of SUSI?

I'm still on final assessment stage but got my registration pack from college last week and there was a fee's bill with it and my tuition and student contribution fee's have been deducted so I guess the college have heard from susi.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 buckinit

My grant application was sent in the last week of July and I'm still waiting for word back. Anyone in the same boat or able to give an educated guess as to when I should hear from them?

Thanks you!!

buckinit wrote: »
    My grant application was sent in the last week of July and I'm still waiting for word back. Anyone in the same boat or able to give an educated guess as to when I should hear from them?

Thanks you!!

Same boat, rang today. They just said wait patiently. Once you get to the final assessment you'll get your grant don't be worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

Finally got the "Provisionally Awarded pending receipt and review of course acceptance details from the CAO" today after being awaiting final assessment since mid-June. I figured that since I was waiting so long without hearing anything from them there wasn't any reason that I wouldn't be given the grant, but still it's a relief

Same boat, rang today. They just said wait patiently. Once you get to the final assessment you'll get your grant don't be worrying.

so once you reach the final assessment you get a grant? How do you know?

Yeah, I can't see them sending out the document list if your over the limits or not eligible

Yeah, I can't see them sending out the document list if your over the limits or not eligible

I've heard of people sending in documents and then getting a refusal letter afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

From SUSI's website/Facebook page:
    SUSI processing update

We are currently finishing the initial phase of our application process, which is to initially assess all new

applications submitted to SUSI before the August 1st deadline. This process will be completed this week. We will

then begin the second phase of the process which is to review documentation provided to us from applicants, at

which point we will be in a position to finalise the applications of those applicants who have forwarded the

requested documentation. Processing priority will be given to those students who returned their requested

documentation at the earliest dates. This is where all our processing resources will be placed and we expect to

move through this process quickly. Students can expect to hear from us throughout September.

Nice to have an update, but they're really dragging the arse out of the grant process. I think that eligibility and documentation verification should be completed far earlier in the year, leaving just the verification of the accepted courses for around this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 borderbuddy

unfortunately i thought new child new start with susi but to no avail its beyond a joke ..applied on day the process opened all document shown as recieved on 17th june and still no answer ,no approx timeframe when i call in fact was today told that no NEW applicants had been grant approved . Asked to speak with superviser told they will tell you the same bla bla bla . Being in the unfortunate group in need of the special rate it is vital to know if this will be awarded before my son leaves (attending college in the uk ) what was the point of opening the process early if no grants were to be finalized earlier how do they expect parents to subsidise students for almost 2 months until a payment is recieved in these recessionary times ..please susi cop on and wake up its just not on that it takes over 16 weeks to sort an application

I got an email today saying all applications should be checked by the weekends of the 5th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Conor9320

I got an email today saying all applications should be checked by the weekends of the 5th of September.

Out of curiosity when did you have all your documentation submitted and stuff?

Going by todays conversation id say that means they have a pre assessment check completed now they are only beginning the final assessment for new applicants and if the people who applied at the opening stage have heard nothing god help the late applications

As a matter of comparison i checked the uk system and all students will be paid 3 days after college confirms registration and the complete process takes on average 8 weeks start to finish .. oh to be so efficient here

Going by todays conversation id say that means they have a pre assessment check completed now they are only beginning the final assessment for new applicants and if the people who applied at the opening stage have heard nothing god help the late applications

I applied the day it opened and they have my documents since th 11th of June and I havent heard anything at all!

I applied the day it opened and they have my documents since th 11th of June and I havent heard anything at all!

ive had no option but to contact my local td in the hope of moving it along as there will still be for some issues with income thresholds etc that will take even longer once assessments are carried out and applications could be anywhere in a pile of some 100,000 + .. I mean if there was some in house system of first in first dealt with they could give an indication of timeframe .... but there isnt so god help us

I initially applied in May and had all documents in by June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dougiex06

I am having a nightmare with Susi. Back in 2012/2013 I was in NUIM, as a mature student studying science, I didnt apply for the grant as I was living at home but i moved out in January 2013 of that year for the academic year. After i completed the year i transferred into my current course in DCU, but started back in 1st year again. The year of 2013/2014 I paid full tuition fees of €7000+. I also moved out, to a new place in September, of 2013. Now, this year im going into second year of my course and I have applied for the grand. I applied on the first day and they received all requested documentation on the 10th of June. I haven't heard anything back until today. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR MORE DOCUMENTS after all this time. They are looking for documents to cover independent residency to cover OCTOBER 2011?! Can anyone tell me why they need this? I have to have these documents back in by the 15th of Sept for my application to continue.

Advertisement