Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never know how to blend in images/logos/web graphics

Options
  • 10-06-2014 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Sometimes I have to work with images that have a 'hard' edge to them. This is fine if the image is placed snug against another part of the design or webpage that can give an overlapping effect, but sometimes it floats by itself and looks quite crude as if it's just been cut off.

Hopefully I've described this well enough! Does anyone have any suggestions for blending these sort of images in? A straight up faded edge seems a bit too basic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Intifada wrote: »
    sometimes it floats by itself and looks quite crude as if it's just been cut off.

Sounds like you need to use better images, not look for ways to make bad images fit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Those are the parameters of my problem though, so if you're unable to work within those maybe it's best you don't post but thanks for trying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Bad content is bad content. Anyone will tell you that! Blend the images if you want and enjoy your 80's style collage that's going to look crap in your portfolio, otherwise just tell your client that the content doesn't work and they'll need to supply better material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

I'm assuming you're the designer? So design it, if you're the developer and don't have much design experience, go slap the designer for giving you **** content and tell them it doesn't fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

If I understand you correctly, which I'm not sure I do, I suspect you might be using binary, instead of alpha, transparency on your image files.

Try saving files with transparencies as 24 bit PNG for 'softer' alpha edges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement