Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF Eircom

Options
  • 10-06-2014 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Recently the e-fibre has become available (finally) in my area. I only found out myself by chance when i decided to check on the website about 2 weeks ago even though i had selected the option to be notified as soon as it was available. I've been with eircom for a few years now paying for 8mb when only getting 6 on a VERY good day.

So anyway i went online to myeircom to order and first of all my password would not work, fine, requested new password through the forgot my password option. That also didn't work :-(  .  So after trying about 3 times to change my password, i just gave up and ordered to e-fibre 100mb package without logging in. Went through the whole thing entered all the details picked a date (today june 10th 9am-12pm), everything setup. Went and booked the day off work today.Thought no more about it apart from looking forward to the faster speeds. 

Then last night id said i'd check my mails as usually if someone was coming they would ring to confirm a day or two before, which no one has. It was then i realised that i hadn't gotten any confirmation email at all, only change password emails. So here i sit having wasted my precious holiday hours for these shower of muppets who sell broadband but don't even have a working website ffs and no-one from eircom has called yet and i have a bad feeling my online order was ignored or the whole website just doesn't work. 

Also, why arent customers bills scaled relative to the speed they get. For example i only get 6 of the 8mb per second that was advertised, which is 75%. So why do i have to pay 100% of the bill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Recently the e-fibre has become available (finally) in my area. I only found out myself by chance when i decided to check on the website about 2 weeks ago even though i had selected the option to be notified as soon as it was available. I've been with eircom for a few years now paying for 8mb when only getting 6 on a VERY good day.

So anyway i went online to myeircom to order and first of all my password would not work, fine, requested new password through the forgot my password option. That also didn't work :-(  .  So after trying about 3 times to change my password, i just gave up and ordered to e-fibre 100mb package without logging in. Went through the whole thing entered all the details picked a date (today june 10th 9am-12pm), everything setup. Went and booked the day off work today.Thought no more about it apart from looking forward to the faster speeds. 

Then last night id said i'd check my mails as usually if someone was coming they would ring to confirm a day or two before, which no one has. It was then i realised that i hadn't gotten any confirmation email at all, only change password emails. So here i sit having wasted my precious holiday hours for these shower of muppets who sell broadband but don't even have a working website ffs and no-one from eircom has called yet and i have a bad feeling my online order was ignored or the whole website just doesn't work. 

Also, why arent customers bills scaled relative to the speed they get. For example i only get 6 of the 8mb per second that was advertised, which is 75%. So why do i have to pay 100% of the bill?

Hi Wetbench4

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience this has caused you. There have been some issues with online orders raised lately and I'm forwarding all feedback on this to online operations.

The installation date choice really is intended just to serve as an indication however I agree with you - it could be a lot clearer. Online orders can take up to 10 to 15 days to be fully raised and a confirmation email is sent once it is raised.

If you still wish to proceed with an upgrade I recommend contacting sales on 1800500300 as this is the fastest way to order.

We will be unable to offer the reasoning behind eircoms pricing structure however there are no plans to introduce a scaled pricing method relative to speeds and speeds will be continued to be sold on the terms of 'up to' the maximum speed the said exchange can hold.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Hi just thought i'd post an update. Finally got the efibre on tuesday, and i have to say i'm pretty disappointed with the speeds. Its advertised as up to 100mb but i have done several speed tests and i'm only getting around 30.  I really am getting tired of this company...

Any reps want to respond, maybe there is some reason or excuse for getting less than 1/3 of the speed i,m paying for? And don't give the usual "its only UP TO 100mb" crap. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Hi just thought i'd post an update. Finally got the efibre on tuesday, and i have to say i'm pretty disappointed with the speeds. Its advertised as up to 100mb but i have done several speed tests and i'm only getting around 30.  I really am getting tired of this company...

Any reps want to respond, maybe there is some reason or excuse for getting less than 1/3 of the speed i,m paying for? And don't give the usual "its only UP TO 100mb" crap. 
    Hi Wetbench4

I would advise that you contact Technical Support in relation to this on 1890 260260. Alternatively if you PM me the account no. I will doublecheck the profile you are currently on.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement