Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Kilkenny inn hotel

Options
  • 10-06-2014 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Thinking of heading down to Kilkenny again for a few days and was wondering what do you think of this hotel.

Stayed in the Ormond, Hibernian, and hotel Kilkenny before all good so how would this one rank?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

nudger wrote: »
    Thinking of heading down to Kilkenny again for a few days and was wondering what do you think of this hotel.

Stayed in the Ormond, Hibernian, and hotel Kilkenny before all good so how would this one rank?

Thanks.

Hi there,

I stayed at the Kilkenny Inn last November and it was excellent value. I was with a crowd of men golfing and the resident's bar serves late, so for us it was ideal.

But it is not in the same league as the other hotels although it's probably better value. No leisure centre and VERY limited bar menu. So, I guess it depends on you. Couple? Special occasion? Maybe not. Bed for weekend exploring Kilkenny? Very good value.

I'd stay there again but not with my wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

The Peanut wrote: »
    Hi there,

I stayed at the Kilkenny Inn last November and it was excellent value. I was with a crowd of men golfing and the resident's bar serves late, so for us it was ideal.

But it is not in the same league as the other hotels although it's probably better value. No leisure centre and VERY limited bar menu. So, I guess it depends on you. Couple? Special occasion? Maybe not. Bed for weekend exploring Kilkenny? Very good value.

I'd stay there again but not with my wife.

Thanks for the quick response and honest review, I'd be bringing the wife and kids so maybe I'll look elsewhere.

The kids are mid teens now so need there own space, so 2 rooms are needed.

the Hibernian had a connecting twin room which was great and got it at 1/2 price last year but are booked out for my dates this time.

Sounds a bit like the Kilford arms, good for a pint but not for the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

If you're looking at a different hotel to the ones you've been to, I could recommend the Lyrath(outside city) or Newpark or River Court; I've been to KK a lot!

They all offer different things but you might get a good deal on your dates.

Stayed in the Kilford many times as a younger (single) man - lots of hazy memories. KK is just a great spot to visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Reason we wanted to go to KK was that some friends of ours were gifted a few days in the lyrath hotel so we wanted to surprise them by showing up in the town(city).:cool:

After calling around and trying to book 2 double rooms beside each other, I managed to get one of the hotels I had stayed in before.

Funny that when I called this morning there was only 1 room and later I managed to book on line at a reduced rate and got the 2 rooms.:rolleyes:

Anyway I'll have to call into the K inn just to see what it's like.

Advertisement