Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who offers best phone package?

Options
  • 10-06-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

My nan is spending like 50 euro a month on phone with phone calls with Eircom which is ridiculous. I had a look at her bills and its mostly local phone calls with some mobile as well.

Who is offering the best call package? No broadband required

Cheers,
    X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Having this issue also at the moment. Assuming your nan was previously a recipient of the SW phone allowance for pensioners ask Eircom about the package they offer @ €19.50/month

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

I'm on Vodafone Simply Talk e30 (calls within Ireland anytime) a month and also have an add-on of $5 for 100 anytime minutes to UK. They also give you free calls to 3 nominated mobile phone nos. They give a e3 discount if you are a mobile customer already. But its worth your while spending some time looking at all the telecoms websites to check what suits your Mum best or give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Having this issue also at the moment. Assuming your nan was previously a recipient of the SW phone allowance for pensioners ask Eircom about the package they offer @ €19.50/month

Aye she got stung for 60 euro one months which is joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ron 1

Check out pure telecom. Was looking for a good deal for my folks and hard to do better from what I have seen. If you don't want/need a bundle. New plans being launched this week. Works out about 31 quid for unlimited national calls and some mobile calls ( think it was 50) can add on other options too so design it to suit your use.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

If your nan can use a mobile phone check out tesco mobile. €15 per month unlimited mobile and landline calls on pay as you go.
    Or try 48 months.ie with 300 mins mobile, unlimited texts and 60 mins landline for €10 per month and top-ups available for extra landline minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭leftfooter

colcatscar wrote: »
    If your nan can use a mobile phone check out tesco mobile. €15 per month unlimited mobile and landline calls on pay as you go.
    Or try 48 months.ie with 300 mins mobile, unlimited texts and 60 mins landline for €10 per month and top-ups available for extra landline minutes

I 2nd this Tesco deal, if there is good O2 coverage in her area, it works great. Also, she get's to keep the 15 euro credit and can use it to make international calls or buy some data if she wanted. No contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

any updates to this? i have to get a new phone and looking at tescomobile... thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

Hard to beat Tesco Mobile PAYG sim for 15 euro a month.
    Unlimited calls to all landlines and mobile networks in Ireland.
    1 cents a minute to call the UK too.
    You can take 5 euro of the 15 euro credit to get unlimited texts too.

Thats what I switched too,after giving 02 20 euro a month just for free 02 to 02 calls.
    Tesco also use the 02 network so coverage is very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭leftfooter

Hard to beat Tesco Mobile PAYG sim for 15 euro a month.
    Unlimited calls to all landlines and mobile networks in Ireland.
    1 cents a minute to call the UK too.
    You can take 5 euro of the 15 euro credit to get unlimited texts too.

Thats what I switched too,after giving 02 20 euro a month just for free 02 to 02 calls.
    Tesco also use the 02 network so coverage is very very good.

The 1c to Uk is only landlines, Uk Mobiles are saucy enough at 20c a minute. Also the 1c is a promo, usually 9c.
    But your point still stands, Tesco Mobile offer the best package, now if only the offered free roaming in NI all us folk along the border could use our credit for other stuff instead of having it eaten up by UK charges :)

Advertisement