Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need information on my personal loan

Options
  • 10-06-2014 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I have taken a personal loan from BOI and 2 thirds into my loan tenor, I decide to prepay it and be done with the loan. I called in my local branch last week and asking for the closing balance. The closing balance seemed a little higher than what I expected. So I requested more information regarding my loan. All I want to know is what I am saving by paying up my loan and I was surprised when my branch said they cannot give that detail. Now my local branch has stoped responding to my emails they simply say that they don't have that information. Is this too much to ask? I am really surprised why my branch cannot have this information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi kumar_aq,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

We're sorry to hear you are having difficulty with requesting more information on your closing loan balance. 

Can I ask is your local branch your account holding branch? Generally your account holding branch can explain this closing balance further to you. 

If this was not your account holding branch, you can find contact details for it here

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

Thanks Sarah for the quick reply. My Account and my loan is with Mervue Industrial Estate, Galway branch. They do give me the closing balance but cannot explain anything further. All I wanted to know was what is the cost of my loan and how much am I saving if I pre-close the loan. My rationale is, if I am not gaining much, I might as well keep the loan going the way it is. I have a long email conversation with the officer in my branch. All they tell me is "We can only give you the closing balance and nothing more". At this point I am fed up everyday they add in a few more euros to my closing balance and nothing more.

The office sent me a mail which states this
    " I have referred your queries to our Complaints Team through our Complaints System and one of my colleagues centrally will be in contact with a response."

But what I fail to understand is why this has to go thru complaints? I am asking information.
    This is really terrible customer service.

Hi kumar_aq,

Thanks for your post. 

We are very sorry to hear of your recent experience with your branch. Generally an account holding branch would be able to provide you with the information you require to provide the best solution for you in relation to paying off the loan. 

We'd really like to help resolve this for you. If you would like to send us a private message with your name and contact number we could arrange for management within the branch to contact you. Just to mention, it is not necessary to include any account details in your message. 

You can send me a private message by clicking on the link in my signature, please ensure that you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings. 

Kindly awaiting your information,
    Sarah

Sent you a PM

Hi kumar_aq,

Thanks for the PM. 
    I have now passed this on to the branch asking for them to contact you. I hope this is resolved for you soon. 

If you need help with any other query please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

Thank You Sarah, I hope it this works, I am skeptical because I have been in touch with my branch since last Thursday and nothing happened. Could you give me an ETA on when this can be resolved? 

Regards
    Sai 

Hi Sai,

I understand the branch has been in touch with you today and hope you now get the information you need.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement