Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West along N40 after work

Options
  • 10-06-2014 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Travelling from the tunnel towards Togher, so need to go around the Kinsale roundabout and get off at CBP. Planning on doing this this evening around 630, and my only impression of coming into Kinsale from that side is at 8 in the morning when it looks to be a bit of a mare from Rochestown exit to Kinsale roundabout. Is it similar in the evening time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Going toward the tunnel can be a disaster due to Dunkettle, usually freeflowing the other way tho.

If you're heading for Togher, just go over the flyover, you still have plenty of space to line up for the Togher exit, no need to go around the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Dannyboy83 wrote: »

If you're heading for Togher, just go over the flyover, you still have plenty of space to line up for the Togher exit, no need to go around the roundabout.

You can't do this legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Or practically unless you want to take out a kerb and some of those fixed traffic cones.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Just to clarify, you definitely need to go around the roundabout for the Togher exit. It's generally no problem. You can go over the flyover for Sarsfield Road.

kub wrote: »
    Or practically unless you want to take out a kerb and some of those fixed traffic cones.
    Just to clarify, you definitely need to go around the roundabout for the Togher exit. It's generally no problem. You can go over the flyover for Sarsfield Road.

Oops, my bad, I thought there was a good distance to cross over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Since dannyboy tried to get me to commit a road traffic offence, I don't trust him on his statement that going west is 'free flowing' either! :D:D

Seriously, is it light enough in the evenings so? Basically tomorrow, I've got to get to Togher, and I'm wondering whether it's worth my while going home (through the tunnel) and coming back in later, or just staying late in work and hitting it from the B'town side. I know which I'd prefer, but if I get caught in traffic in both directions, I'll be seeing red.

corblimey wrote: »
    Since dannyboy tried to get me to commit a road traffic offence, I don't trust him on his statement that going west is 'free flowing' either! :D:D

Seriously, is it light enough in the evenings so? Basically tomorrow, I've got to get to Togher, and I'm wondering whether it's worth my while going home (through the tunnel) and coming back in later, or just staying late in work and hitting it from the B'town side. I know which I'd prefer, but if I get caught in traffic in both directions, I'll be seeing red.

Actually, just ignore my earlier post...Whatever evening it was I answered you, I was driving home and couldn't believe how heavy traffic has become since they messed up the city centre with bike lanes.

I probably wouldn't risk it with the way things are at the moment.
    Good luck anyway.

Advertisement