Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 5 - Guardians

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Looks like its only coming out on the xbox one not the 360. I might have to upgrade if I can find a good deal on one.

Your probably right about switching between the two characters, judging by the cover.
    t0ixx0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Feel this is the only thing that will make me purchase the Xbox one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

This and the HALO collection played would probably make me put my hand in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just hope the single player campaign is more interesting and tells it's story better than Halo 4. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in a game's narative as I was with Halo 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Just hope the single player campaign is more interesting and tells it's story better than Halo 4. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in a game's narative as I was with Halo 4.

Agreed, enjoyed the multi player, could take or leave the story. Whereas I loved the narrative in Reach.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mutiplayer Beta footage, looks very fast paced:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Enjoying the 5 beta at the moment. My only issue is finding a controller setting I like. They seem to have done away with the left trigger zoom option they introduced in Halo 4.

Displeased.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dades wrote: »
    Enjoying the 5 beta at the moment. My only issue is finding a controller setting I like. They seem to have done away with the left trigger zoom option they introduced in Halo 4.

Displeased.

It's there under the name fishstick, same as halo 4. Been using it myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's there under the name fishstick, same as halo 4. Been using it myself :)
    Great! Am suffering from man flu and am all over the shop so there's every chance I missed it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

tjIA5BG.jpg

"leaked commercial photo" apparently

Looks like the chief just woke up after a night on the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet but for those interested, this site went up over the weekend with a teaser for Halo 5.

http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet but for those interested, this site went up over the weekend with a teaser for Halo 5.

http://huntthetruth.tumblr.com/

Eugh. Listened to the first one. Pretty bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭IIDSIIELMO

You can slow down the video and read what is written on the bullet. The last word is Traitor....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Y'know, I always find the live action videos kinda cringeworthy cos the Spartan's are so obviously guys in plastic suits (ala comic con) as opposed to seven and a half foot tall genetically modified super soldiers wearing super powered armour that you see in cinematics like the one at the end of Halo 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Ah that cinematic makes me feel all fuzzy inside, I loved all the Halos, amazing games, can't wait for 5!

Some info leaking on halo 5 now:
    • more than 20 maps at launch.
    • more than 15 more maps being released for free by June 2016.
    • They decided to give away all future maps for free to not divide the community. THANKS 343 for listening!
    • completely new "epic" multiplayer mode to be presented at E3. They are working on this mode for more than 3 years. Sounds like a huge Big Team Battle mode. It does "incorporate all aspects of the Halo sandbox for the very first time ever".
    • Drop-in/drop-out 4 player co-op in campaign.
    • in singleplayer, you can give your AI mates stratetic commands.
    • individual HUD for every team member in co-op mode.
    • campaign levels will have many alternative paths.
    • completely new sound engine.
    • Xbox Live Gold for online co-op not needed.
    • the Beta was a fundamental base for many positive changes.
    • every (mainline?) Halo title in future will have a beta prior to release.

I'm guessing the epic mode will be something like Battlfield with larger teams than we usually get in BTB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Sounds promising. I do miss playing halo, just cant bear waiting for games on mcc. Roll on Oct

• Advertisement

The fact that all new maps will be free is a big plus too, season passes for online fps are such a rip off, would much rather some story based DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Really looking forward to this now. Online co-op without gold, free maps, new 'epic' mode - dying to see what that's about! Still waiting for a new Halo title to beat BTB in Halo Reach. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

Online co-op will require Xbox Live Gold.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/clarity-regarding-halo-5-guardians-online-co-op-access

It's a shame they didn't just run with it and remove Gold requirement for co-op. It could potentially have drawn in some undecided people.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

So I understand there will be no local co-op but will you still be able to play split screen multi-player online? (2 players)
    That would be a big bummer for me if you cannot since my brother and I would only be playing on one Xbone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The_N4sir wrote: »
    So I understand there will be no local co-op but will you still be able to play split screen multi-player online? (2 players)
    That would be a big bummer for me if you cannot since my brother and I would only be playing on one Xbone

That's a bit of a bummer, but on the other hand, I'm kinda pleased, because my friend wanted us to play the H5 campaign on my XB1 - none of my other friends own one. Part of me wanted to experience the campaign in full Hd 60fps glory and not on split screen at 30fps!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

That's a bit of a bummer, but on the other hand, I'm kinda pleased, because my friend wanted us to play the H5 campaign on my XB1 - none of my other friends own one. Part of me wanted to experience the campaign in full Hd 60fps glory and not on split screen at 30fps!

It is a bummer but I don't mind as long there is 2 player split screen for online multiplayer

Trailer for the Warzone mode, looks like it could be great fun:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

That looks nuts. Have they said what the player count is?

maximoose wrote: »
    That looks nuts. Have they said what the player count is?

I think it's 12 v 12, was hoping for a bit more tbh but the maps should still be fairly crowded with all the covenant running around the place too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That looks really really good to be fair.

Advertisement