Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 5 - Guardians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

The_N4sir wrote: »
    So I understand there will be no local co-op but will you still be able to play split screen multi-player online? (2 players)
    That would be a big bummer for me if you cannot since my brother and I would only be playing on one Xbone

If this is true I will be pretty annoyed. Myself and my gf have played all of the halo games split screen co-op in campaign and split screen multiplayer and this would be a massive bummer :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

So all future maps will be free for Halo 5?

That's it. Sold. I was already itching to get an Xbox one with halo MCC. Sick of the ps4 and nothing coming out for it this year anyway. CEX here I come (an then Argos) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've been more and more impressed by everything I've seen but I'll still be waiting at least a couple of weeks after it's released to see if it actually works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I've been more and more impressed by everything I've seen but I'll still be waiting at least a couple of weeks after it's released to see if it actually works.

Good point. I think that goes for all new games at this stage. The only one that worked as it should recently is battlefield hardline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Which was just really a mod if bf4 so prob easy enough not to make a balls of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is this going to run on Microsofts cloud servers like titanfall? If it is, then it's a definite buy for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Halo 5 will not only have no local co-op, it will have no local multiplayer whatsoever. :(

Wasn't particularly bothered about the co-op, but total lack of any local split screen is a bit much I think...

I'd love to see the actual numbers of players that played local co op , I reckon it's a lot lower than people make out. Maybe in the beginning and up to halo 2 but I reckon it dropped off pretty quick as live got better.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd love to see the actual numbers of players that played local co op , I reckon it's a lot lower than people make out. Maybe in the beginning and up to halo 2 but I reckon it dropped off pretty quick as live got better.

You'd be surprised, I put loads of hours into Halo 4 and would play against several teams with split screeners every night. 2 of the lads I used to play with the most also used to play on the one console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, about 80% of the thousands of hours our group has put into Halo has been on split screen multi-player. Most of those probably in Halo Reach.

Just to be clear here, we're not taking about co-op. The entire split screen multiplayer has been removed for Halo 5. There are zero split screen game modes now. I'm the only one with an XB1 in the group so it means Halo 5 will be ignored in favor of Reach or MCC now.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think they ditched the split screen due to frame rate (it drops to 30fps in the MCC apparently too). I don't think that was a good enough reason though tbh, if people are picky about framerate they wouldn't be using a console over a high end PC.

Having said that, Warzone really looks like the best thing ever:

It looks like its going to be a whole heap of fun alright. makes it a day one purchase for me.

that looks fun alright, whats the point to warzone, is it a deathmatch? or do we not know yet?

ive played battlefield to death at this stage so looking froward to this now

IvoryTower wrote: »
    that looks fun alright, whats the point to warzone, is it a deathmatch? or do we not know yet?

ive played battlefield to death at this stage so looking froward to this now

to my mind its like a combination of demolition and domination.

you can win in 2 ways - either keep racking up the enemy kills against players and AI until you hit the cap, or take control of the capture points, (i think there are 3) until you drop the shields to the enemy base, allowing you to enter the base and destroy the core for the win.

as I type that, its actually more like "carrier assault" from battlefield, but you can win by hitting the score alone.

It's a bit MOBA-esque kind of like Titanfall so you can concentrate on the killing the AI.

okay cool. i think im fainally over mcc letting me down, i think ill wait a week to see if there's any problems with this one before buying it

okay cool. i think im fainally over mcc letting me down, i think ill wait a week to see if there's any problems with this one before buying it

I think MCC was a bit unique what with all the different engines having to run together, plus they definitely rushed it out for the Christmas market. What with there being a beta for Halo 5 and also the fact MS and 343 will be going out of their way to stop any bad publicity I can't see it being broken on release. Fingers crossed anyway.

I played a little MCC last night and it's working perfectly now, real shame they messed it up on launch, don't think this forum would be half as dead if it had worked!

are there many people playing it? are all the playlists working? I think BTB was always the worst

are there many people playing it? are all the playlists working? I think BTB was always the worst

It was a few matches of Halo 4 I played and I was finding games in under a minute. I would think that wouldn't be anywhere near the busiest playlist either. I'll try a few matches of BTB tonight and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OH and the kids got me an Xbox one for my birthday a few weeks ago and I have pretty much being playing it non stop in my free time. Had some issues with it not finding games on the first day, and occasionally I will be sent back to the main menu (normally when I first switch it on, but a reset sorts it out) but for the most part all the playlists are working fine.

I hope Halo 5 is a step back towards the original 3/Reach because multiplayer on 4 was a massive misstep for me, although even if it is I don't think it will compete with MCC for me. I had been saying for years how I would pay for a release which just had every version of multiplayer so I will be sticking with this until the inevitable Halo 3 tenth anniversary edition.

• Advertisement

it took me a while to get into halo 4 but i absolutely loved it in the end, i imagine 5 will be similar. im going to pick up mcc again, will be good to always have now that its working!

4 got a lot better as it went on (and the version in the MCC is the improved version), they brought back the timed power weapon spawns, got rid of the ordinance drops, made the BR viable again. Still has its problems though of course and will always feel a bit different due to custom loadouts and sprint.

From the beta Halo 5 felt even more fast paced than 4 though apparently a lot of the changes suggested by the community are being taken on board since then so not sure what it will be like on release (sprint seems like it's staying though).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I played Reach to death.
    Bought halo4 at Christmas but didn't find it quite as good. I would say I am out of the halo series now tbh, which is a pity because it used to be one of the best multiplayer first person shooters out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I thought Halo 4 online was really enjoyable. I would get rid of the ordinance drops though, but I would keep the option to sprint.

Interested to see what this will be like.

Is it being released on the 360?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I thought Halo 4 online was really enjoyable. I would get rid of the ordinance drops though, but I would keep the option to sprint.

Interested to see what this will be like.

Is it being released on the 360?

No Halo 5 is XB1 only I think. It's a good time to make the transition with backwards compatibility coming though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No Halo 5 is XB1 only I think. It's a good time to make the transition with backwards compatibility coming though :)

Yeah, wouldn't mind upgrading but I couldn't be without me trusty skygo app ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yeah, wouldn't mind upgrading but I couldn't be without me trusty skygo app ;)

Yeah that's a pain, I stopped using it on 360 when they started trying to charge for it though.

Showing off one of the Warzone maps (in lego), based on the Silent Cartographer:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-new-warzone-map-is-biggest-ever-inspired-by/1100-6428728/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Pretty cool to see so many characters back.
    Spartan Blue team for the first time & Buck from ODST.
    I wonder will Buck be augmented?

• Advertisement

Pretty cool to see so many characters back.
    Spartan Blue team for the first time & Buck from ODST.
    I wonder will Buck be augmented?

Buck is a Spartan now apparently.

Advertisement