Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 5 - Guardians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

The battlefront beta seems a little disappointing I'm resting all my hope on halo 5 now.PLEASE DON'T BE BROKEN

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

IvoryTower wrote: »
    The battlefront beta seems a little disappointing I'm resting all my hope on halo 5 now.PLEASE DON'T BE BROKEN

I really hope its going to be good, the new forge looks incredible (for others anyway, I can hardly make my bed, but at least there should be a lot of good stuff coming out of it)

Its warzone that really has my attention piqued. It looks like it has taken the titanfall formula and crossbred it with battlefield and halo to make something that looks like it could be something special.

woah, just realised that its out 2 weeks from tomorrow!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

SPOILERS may be in the video!!! You have been warned...

This has just been released and it contains gameplay... It has to be one of the best trailers I have seen in a long time.

If you are going to watch it, you need sound and you need to play it LOUD. This looks amazing. I will admit, there was a little sexy wee watching this :P

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-12-people-are-already-posting-halo-5-guardians-ending-spoilers

3772496+_b71221a83a2df0051cef74c7fd655965.gif

i love it when a trailer nails the editing to the soundtrack, and this one is fantastic.

Its worth noting in that eurogamer article that copies of the game have been sold in the US and people are posting spoilers on reddit under misleading headings, so might be best to avoid that.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The gameplay trailer is even better with actual music from the game:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The gameplay trailer is even better with actual music from the game:

Excellent stuff, really looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

way better, i hate muse mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Where are people thinking of purchasing this?

I've an Argos voucher, may try there myself.

Where are people thinking of purchasing this?

I've an Argos voucher, may try there myself.

I will be getting mine in Smyths. I use them for alot of games at the moment. They give good trade in prices aswell.

• Advertisement

+1 for smyths here, they've it advertised at 62 at the moment which is definitely going to be cheaper than gamestop, and I also want to pick up an elite controller.

normally I'd go digital, but I'm not the worlds biggest halo fan so I want the option of trading it in again if I lose interest / dont have enough friends playing to keep me hooked.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Pedro posted this in the xbox bargain alerts

For those looking for a physical copy of Halo 5: Guardians, Smyths are selling it at €54.99. I know €55 isn't a typical bargain alert price but for a pre-order delivery or store pick-up, it's cheaper than Amazon and it's €69.99 in Gamestop, HMV, Xtravision.

Pre-order bonus items: Projection SMG with Long Barrel Potence SMG Weapon Skin Saturnine Visor. I understand some of those words.

€55 was a no brainer for me, I dont think I'd get it that price on digital, regardless of what country I'd visit.

edit: for some reason the link didnt post http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=61111X1383796&site=boards.ie&xs=1&isjs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smythstoys.com%2Fie%2Fen-ie%2Fvideo-games-tablets%2Fnew-games-coming-soon%2Fc-693%2Fcoming-soon-xbox-one%2Fp-10757%2Fhalo-5-guardians-standard-edition-xbox-one%2F&xguid=f51995081e7eb01e7cc392af87eaa2b5&xuuid=df54f824b4e86ff4049d0843e00f62b7&xsessid=2a3116f5cb3cfa07b14327c1c614af49&xcreo=0&xed=0&sref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D97386838%23post97386838&pref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boards.ie%2Fvbulletin%2Fsubscription.php%3Fdo%3Dviewsubscription&xtz=-60

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

For those looking to get the digital deluxe, if you order the standard edition from game https://www.game.co.uk/en/halo-5-guardians-pre-purchase-762965?pageSize=40&categoryIdentifier=737258&catGroupId= for some reason the code they send is for the digital deluxe so I managed to get it for €60 instead of paying the €99 on the xbox store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Trying to order from Smyths but keep keeping an error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

wexdevil wrote: »
    For those looking to get the digital deluxe, if you order the standard edition from game https://www.game.co.uk/en/halo-5-guardians-pre-purchase-762965?pageSize=40&categoryIdentifier=737258&catGroupId= for some reason the code they send is for the digital deluxe so I managed to get it for €60 instead of paying the €99 on the xbox store.

Thanks, ending up just getting this, worked perfectly.

+1 for smyths here, they've it advertised at 62 at the moment which is definitely going to be cheaper than gamestop, and I also want to pick up an elite controller.

normally I'd go digital, but I'm not the worlds biggest halo fan so I want the option of trading it in again if I lose interest / dont have enough friends playing to keep me hooked.

Smyths are consistently cheaper for most big game releases, I can't remember the last time I bought a game elsewhere. The only other option I would have would be Argos/HMV/Tesco as I refuse to use Gamestop.

We will have to get a few games going Stone Deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Wheres the best place to order it online to have it before or on the day of release?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I will be doing a Halo 5 live stream later tonight. I hope a few boards members can join us, our first live stream on twitch.

www.twitch.tv/th0rhere

Should be fun.

Thor wrote: »
    I will be doing a Halo 5 live stream later tonight. I hope a few boards members can join us, our first live stream on twitch.

www.twitch.tv/th0rhere

Should be fun.

You have it already?! How?

• Advertisement

Raekwondo wrote: »
    You have it already?! How?

Review copy. The review itself will go live on launch day(midnight)

We will have more streams next week with multiplayer at the end of the week.

Our stream should start at around 10.30PM. I will be playing the first 3 levels. So spoiler alert folks

Thor wrote: »
    Review copy. The review itself will go live on launch day(midnight)

We will have more streams next week with multiplayer at the end of the week.

Ah awesome. I'll be sure to follow your stream and keep an eye out for your review.

Has this managed to pre download for anyone yet? Been sitting in my queue for a week now and no sign of it happening.

Mine finished preloading on friday, though its still missing the 9gb patch(which i assume isnt live yet)

wexdevil wrote: »
    Mine finished preloading on friday, though its still missing the 9gb patch(which i assume isnt live yet)

Did you do anything to get it to start? Have had my console on instant on for over a week now and it still just says "Pre-Ordered" on it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you do anything to get it to start? Have had my console on instant on for over a week now and it still just says "Pre-Ordered" on it.

I'm sure that happend to me with something else - I had to remove it from the download queue, do a hard reset, then 'buy' it again from the store and it started predownloading straight away.

I'm sure that happend to me with something else - I had to remove it from the download queue, do a hard reset, then 'buy' it again from the store and it started predownloading straight away.

Will give that a go this evening, cheers.

is that game.co.uk one still giving the digital deluxe edition for 60 quid?

• Advertisement

Pretty sure that they've fixed it now.

Advertisement