Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 5 - Guardians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So far Smyths seem to be the best price in the bricks and mortar shops at €55.

I noticed the game hasn't been listed on Argos yet so no idea how much that will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ragbak

I noticed the game hasn't been listed on Argos yet so no idea how much that will be.

Got the download via the Singapore Xbox Store. Was about €45, compared to the €69 for the Irish (and other EU) Stores.

See digitalgamesprices dot com for details. It compares the prices in all the Xbox Stores around the world. I used a VPN to complete the sale, but not sure if that was actually necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd say Argos will be around the same but at the minute they are giving a €5 voucher back off a €50 spend.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The 9GB patch has gone live apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

these massive patches are a little scary, i wonder is it working!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

IvoryTower wrote: »
    these massive patches are a little scary, i wonder is it working!

the had purposely disabled the multiplayer portion for reviewers who were playing the story, this patch is turning it on AFAIK. If you have it purchased digitally and predownloaded I think the patch will automatically be applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

How does that price in symths work? Is it pre order only? I'll pre order if I need to, otherwise I'd rather just go in and get it.

How does that price in symths work? Is it pre order only? I'll pre order if I need to, otherwise I'd rather just go in and get it.

It's the over the counter price afaik.

Turned on my Xbox to play Destiny got the Dash update so went and PreOrdered Halo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It's the over the counter price afaik.

Awesome, I'm sold then. Great price from symths.

• Advertisement

Awesome, I'm sold then. Great price from symths.

You can pre-order without having your card charged anyway. If you don't pick it up within 2 days of launch they just cancel it. There is a price guarantee too, if it's more expensive on launch day you still get the cheaper price, and if it's cheaper than pre order price, you still get the lowest price.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

My copy will be here in the morning according to DPD. Sucks that I can't play it until Tuesday though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Raekwondo wrote: »
    My copy will be here in the morning according to DPD. Sucks that I can't play it until Tuesday though :(

Oh that's right, very little chance of it being early with Monday being a bank holiday.

It should be noted that if your getting it in Smyths, it's only promised as "launch price only" so don't dilly-dally. I've always been under the assumption their game stock levels are poor. Speaking only from experience in Galway, I've seen the newest releases consistently go out of stock quickly in the first few weeks (e.g. MGS5, Super Mario Maker, Arkham Knight).

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Oh that's right, very little chance of it being early with Monday being a bank holiday.

It should be noted that if your getting it in Smyths, it's only promised as "launch price only" so don't dilly-dally. I've always been under the assumption their game stock levels are poor. Speaking only from experience in Galway, I've seen the newest releases consistently go out of stock quickly in the first few weeks (e.g. MGS5, Super Mario Maker, Arkham Knight).

That's why they shipped it on Thursday :D But it's whitelist only until launch, you cant even get past the main menu while connected to XBL unless you are on their whitelist :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ragbak

Raekwondo wrote: »
    That's why they shipped it on Thursday :D But it's whitelist only until launch, you cant even get past the main menu while connected to XBL unless you are on their whitelist :(

I have to wait myself because I ordered a digital copy. But you can set your XBO to Offline in the settings and then you can play the campaign. Nothing illegal about that.

Just got an email from smyths with my pre order bonus code. I didn't even know there was one available. Anyone know what's in it? I won't be able to check till later.

Just got an email from smyths with my pre order bonus code. I didn't even know there was one available. Anyone know what's in it? I won't be able to check till later.

If you send me the code I'll have a look for you ;)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you send me the code I'll have a look for you ;)

it was for a rec pack. woohoo!

it was for a rec pack. woohoo!

Whats a rec pack?

Whats a rec pack?

theyre like a cross between battlepacks from battlefield and burn cards from titanfall. they unlock cosmetic items, and can also be used to "requesition" weapons and vehichles in the new warzone mode.

edit - that video is only heightening my anticipation for warzone mode!

• Advertisement

Which Halo should I play to get caught up to where the story is? I assume just Halo 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got my dates mixed up...for some reason I thought it was today it out and was waiting for the download to finish last night ...made a deal with the missus that I'd look after the kids during the night and she could have a lie in....then discover its not out till 12am tonight.....balls..

• Which Halo should I play to get caught up to where the story is? I assume just Halo 4.

For this story arc yes, but you really should play the tmcc if you get around to it

• Getting good reviews;

Polygon 9/10

Praises the campaign and warzone mode

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    For this story arc yes, but you really should play the tmcc if you get around to it
    I have the MCC with ODST. Oh, where does ODST fit into the story or was that a separate thing to the master chief timeline.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have the MCC with ODST. Oh, where does ODST fit into the story or was that a separate thing to the master chief timeline.

Think ODST happens around same time as 2 or 3, one of the characters from it plays a big part in 5 too (Buck, played by Nathan Fillion). Have a look for the movie Halo Nightfall and the web series Hunt the Truth also as they all lead in to 5.

Halo 4 and also the cut scenes for Spartan Ops all have connotations for Halo 5 I think.

I'd highly recommend you play odst at some stage too, it's a great game in its own right as its a look at the halo universe from a different perspective.

Blazer wrote: »
    Got my dates mixed up...for some reason I thought it was today it out and was waiting for the download to finish last night ...made a deal with the missus that I'd look after the kids during the night and she could have a lie in....then discover its not out till 12am tonight.....balls..
    Don't despair.

Review your contracted agreement to see if there are any loop holes that can be exploited. We highly suggest you return to negotiations ASAP to secure said gaming time.

God speed.

Don't despair.

Review your contracted agreement to see if there are any loop holes that can be exploited. We highly suggest you return to negotiations ASAP to secure said gaming time.

God speed.

From past experience I have found that the benefitted party may find that all previously accrued goodwill is viewed as earned and spent, regardless of the activity said goodwill has been spent on. He may also find himself in a much weaker bargaining position and may even find himself resorting to a double shift of performing parental responsibilities whilst spewing foul utterances under his breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Out of curiosity does anyone know if Smyths in Limerick are doing a midnight launch? Can't get anyone on the phones.

Advertisement