Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 - FIFA 2014

Options
  • 10-06-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Is there any tournament mode of FIFA 14?

Looking to play a World Cup but can't see any option??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

sugarman wrote: »
    Nope, no tournament. Only way play them is through season, pretty ****ty huh?

Yes!

I just bought a PS4 and FIFA having not played consoles since PS2 - to say I have being disappointed is an understatement. Like playing a tournament is pretty basic and was there back in my day (FIFA 2002).

Having no tournament mode is a bit baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Yes!

I just bought a PS4 and FIFA having not played consoles since PS2 - to say I have being disappointed is an understatement. Like playing a tournament is pretty basic and was there back in my day (FIFA 2002).

Don't worry it has been 'added' as new feature in FIFA 15! :rolleyes:

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Don't worry it has been 'added' as new feature in FIFA 15! :rolleyes:

Ummmmm.

Well I defo won't be buying that!

I am bit underwhelmed with the whole PS4 or else maybe I am too old to recapture my youth :)

Can't believe I can't play the World Cup - how many times did me and my best buddy try win the WC with Ireland in 2002 and 12 years it ain't even an option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Can't believe I can't play the World Cup - how many times did me and my best buddy try win the WC with Ireland in 2002 and 12 years it ain't even an option :)

As it's a world cup year EA releaesed a seperate FIFA World Cup 2014 game on PS3, they added free World Cup content to Ultimate Team on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Irishnige

User name is Irishnidge, I play Fifa, Watchdogs & Battlefield online if anyone is interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Yes!

Same thing happened to. I played PS2 a lot, skipped the whole PS3/360 generation, and now I have a PS4 and FIFA 14.

I was very disappointed it didn't include a tournament mode, as that was my favourite thing to play in the PS2 days (on Pro Evo). Its the perfect length of time to fill an hour trying to get to the final, and every game is crucial.

Glad to hear they're bringing it back for FIFA 15, though I might still switch back to Pro Evo.

Umaro wrote: »
    Same thing happened to. I played PS2 a lot, skipped the whole PS3/360 generation, and now I have a PS4 and FIFA 14.

I was very disappointed it didn't include a tournament mode, as that was my favourite thing to play in the PS2 days (on Pro Evo). Its the perfect length of time to fill an hour trying to get to the final, and every game is crucial.

Glad to hear they're bringing it back for FIFA 15, though I might still switch back to Pro Evo.

I'm not the only one so!

I'm a bit lost really - can't understand how they don't have tournament mode and in general I'd like someone younger to call over to my gaff and show me the tricks and trade of the PS4 - I feel I am not utilising it that much really!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Hows the online in Fifa14 on PS4 ?, any lag or connection problems or anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Tempted to pick it up. Its $55 right now on the US store, thats 40 euro.. but Fifa 15 releasing in 3 months idk.. ill try and resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

sugarman wrote: »
    It was absolute bollox untill about 2 months ago or so.. Would lose connection with opponent when searching for a player about 8/10 times.

Now, its grand, no issues what so ever.

Hopefully it doesnt take them as long with Fifa 15 to sort out.
    i never had any problem with online and i play ultimate team a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I had a career going in FIFA 14 but I sold the game last week. Is there anyway of continuing that career in FIFA 15 when that comes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Deedsie wrote: »
    I had a career going in FIFA 14 but I sold the game last week. Is there anyway of continuing that career in FIFA 15 when that comes out?

No, it'll be a different career mode in Fifa 15. Only way to continue is on Fifa 14

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

No, it'll be a different career mode in Fifa 15. Only way to continue is on Fifa 14

That's a bit disappointing, I was hoping you could pick up where you left off. Oh well. I'll have to start all over again I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Deedsie wrote: »
    That's a bit disappointing, I was hoping you could pick up where you left off. Oh well. I'll have to start all over again I suppose.

When Fifa 15 comes out, Fifa 14 will become very cheap, will be anywhere around a tenner, if ya really want to continue

Advertisement