Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Purchase

Options
  • 10-06-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks. I'm looking for a bit of advice if i could regarding a house purchase. The main facts are these, Person A and person B and myself, Person C are buying a house together. For the time being due to complications, Person A and Person B will be on the deeds of the house. My question is this. If in say, 1-2 years time when myself, Person C, wishes to be added to the deeds, would there be any charges/taxes that i need to be aware of. Thanks in advance for any information whatsoever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Why would two of the purchasers not be added to the deeds from the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

My advice from experience would be-person a buy a house, person b buy a different house and person c buy a different house........not that it's any of my business, but I have never heard of it ending well and ye all lose first time buyers benefits.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Why would two of the purchasers not be added to the deeds from the start?
    I think it's a case that two are, one isn't.

=-=

OP, how do you know the complications that exist now will not exist two years down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rasgav

I can't answer your question but I will advise you to have a solicitor draft a co-ownership agreement between persons A B & C to cover any and all eventualities.

Advertisement