Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel my Efibre

Options
  • 10-06-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I had Efibre installed yesterday with Evision free for six months. After the installation my new improved faster broadband is Slower than the on broadband I had previousy.

I was initially contacted by Eircom to upgrade to Efibre on 26/05/2014, installation date was set by Eircom as 03/06/2014. This was then cancelled by Eircom and rescheduled for 09/06/2014.

The Eircom Engineer arrived at 6:00pm on 09/06/2014, installed the new modem and Evision box. He told me that the installation was successful and the broadband speed would be significantly faster.

I ran an Eircom Broadband Speed Test which can back as 24.11mbps. Less than what I had prior to the upgrade. The Evision box keeps freezing so I decided to call Eircom and cancel the package as I had a seven day cooling off period. 

I was promptly informed by the Eircom rep that the cooling off period was seven days from date of placing the order, date of installation was of no importance.

I am trying to understand how the cooling off period (trial period) can expire before the equipment has been installed. It does not make any sense.

I now want to cancel my package but have to wait for an Eircom Rep to call me back which will happen within the next ten days.

This is completely unacceptable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭swoofer

you forgot to mention you are going to raise a complaint with comreg.  Its date of installation that the 7 days starts.  

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tracyirel wrote: »
    I ran an Eircom Broadband Speed Test which can back as 24.11mbps. Less than what I had prior to the upgrade. The Evision box keeps freezing so I decided to call Eircom and cancel the package as I had a seven day cooling off period. 
    Turn off the eVision box, and check the speed, as I'd say the eVision takes a decent amount of bandwidth. Had a look at the eVision box selection (got it recently), but can't say I'd be a big fan of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Tracyirel wrote: »
    Hi,

I had Efibre installed yesterday with Evision free for six months. After the installation my new improved faster broadband is Slower than the on broadband I had previousy.

I was initially contacted by Eircom to upgrade to Efibre on 26/05/2014, installation date was set by Eircom as 03/06/2014. This was then cancelled by Eircom and rescheduled for 09/06/2014.

The Eircom Engineer arrived at 6:00pm on 09/06/2014, installed the new modem and Evision box. He told me that the installation was successful and the broadband speed would be significantly faster.

I was promptly informed by the Eircom rep that the cooling off period was seven days from date of placing the order, date of installation was of no importance.

I am trying to understand how the cooling off period (trial period) can expire before the equipment has been installed. It does not make any sense.

I now want to cancel my package but have to wait for an Eircom Rep to call me back which will happen within the next ten days.

This is completely unacceptable.
    Hi Tracyirel

It is correct that the 7day cooling off period is from when you place the order and This is standard practice. It is also the case that evision reduces speeds by 20MB and when it is in use a further 9MB is reduced. The distance from the cabinet can also affect speeds and these are some of the reasons why speeds are advised, sold and provided on the terms of 'up to' the mentioned speed.

If you are experiencing issues with the evison box please contact the technical support centre on 1890260260 or via web chat here:
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

Thanks

Al[/font]

Advertisement