Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Flashing in Limerick?

• 10-06-2014 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,870 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Folks,
    After having a slight bit of a brainfart while downgrading then upgrading my trusty auld PS3....
    Long story short I left a disc with 4.21ofw in the drive and after I software downgraded to 3.55 with the intention of upgrading to a new 4.55cfw the PS3 used the disc and negated my jailbreak :(
    I am in need of someone who offers a hardware flashing service in the Limerick area?
    Anyone know anyone with an E3 or similar hardware flasher doing this kinda work around Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

I'd also be interested in this, I can get it done in Dublin but it'd be easier to get it in Limerick right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

Me too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

you might be better off posting here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Don't think your aloud make requests there, and I'd PMed around looking in the past for this exact thing - seems to be a rarity in this city.

Might look into it myself - done it before with phones and stuff so PS3's and Xbox's shouldn't be too hard :P

I got a xbox 360 rgh'd by this lad out in Corbally:

http://fjfreelance.com/

Sound man and (touch wood) the xbox is working perfectly. I'm not 100% sure he does PS3 mods as well but surely it'd be worth an email? He lists that he repairs YLOD so that's Playstation is it not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Oh, sweet. I'm definitely going to check him out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,870 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I gave up trying to find someone in Limerick and sent it off to a person I've used previously above in Cavan.
    €50 for the downgrade and another @€;25 in postage there and back.
    Not the cheapest, but I've used them before for a phat and I was happy with the service so as I can't find anyone local it'll be them again ;)

EDIT
    Person I used can be contacted via Facebook

Advertisement