Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANT TO UPLOAD GAMEPLAY

Options
  • 10-06-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I want to start my own YouTube channel but don't know what to do ive heard its illegal to upload game-play because of copyright issues blah blah so you have to get a sponsorship but to get sponsorship you need like 1000 channel views a day etc.How do you get this if you cant upload.
    What to do? I know what I am going to upload if I can.:(:confused::)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Upload to your heart's content, but don't expect to make any money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

There's nothing like that at all, you just cant have in game music playing or any cut scenes. Game intro videos can get stuff deleted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭rvpalldway

COYVB wrote: »
    Upload to your heart's content, but don't expect to make any money
    how can i make money so ,not really intrested about it more about the amount of views

GarIT wrote: »
    There's nothing like that at all, you just cant have in game music playing or any cut scenes. Game intro videos can get stuff deleted too.
    are u sure
    thanks

rvpalldway wrote: »
    how can i make money so ,not really intrested about it more about the amount of views

You make money through served advertising based on your views. If you're popular, YouTube will make you a partner and you'll earn based on views

• Advertisement

I know a guy hitting 20k views per video uploads 30-40 videos a month and earns €300 per month.

are u sure
    thanks

Yeah, as long as you are in control of the game and you don't have the in game music playing you'll be fine. Sound effects are allowed just not any music.

Yeah, as long as you are in control of the game and you don't have the in game music playing you'll be fine. Sound effects are allowed just not any music.

Music is only an issue if it's licensed out to the game rather than created for it.

thanks

I know a guy hitting 20k views per video uploads 30-40 videos a month and earns €300 per month.
    do u know those he have a sponsor

• Advertisement

do u know those he have a sponsor

No he doesn't. Its a lot of work though, he is uploading 100 hours of content a month + editing time and only getting €300

No he doesn't. Its a lot of work though, he is uploading 100 hours of content a month + editing time and only getting €300
    ya **** load thanks for that

COYVB wrote: »
    Music is only an issue if it's licensed out to the game rather than created for it.

Yeah I know, that's still a lot of games. I just thought it would be better for the OP to stay safe about it.

ya **** load thanks for that

Basically if you're not PewDiePie game videos aren't something you can rely on as a career.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Twitch seems to be the main source of revenue for "big-small" channels and most of that apparently comes from subs rather than ads. It doesn't work well for some genres though.

Most of the guys I watch still have a day job, despite decent numbers on Twitch and YouTube. The few that don't are working constantly putting out new content even when they're averaging 200k viewers on Youtube, they're still having to put out a constant stream of content on other platforms as well.

Of course you get the odd one-off novelty like pewdiepie that breaks the mold.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

I want to start my own YouTube channel but don't know what to do ive heard its illegal to upload game-play because of copyright issues blah blah so you have to get a sponsorship but to get sponsorship you need like 1000 channel views a day etc.How do you get this if you cant upload.

this is easy to do, I do it myself and i make money its not enough to live on but i use it to fund new games and psn packs stuff like that. i have only 440 subs and just over 100,000 views so if i can do it anyone can. I am partnered and i can set you up once you have your channel going for a few weeks and get your views up.

i really think that anyone who games should be uploading there content as there is always a chance that you can make it big. my content quality ranges from bad to fairly good i dont spend too long editing videos but if you have a lot of time i would suggest that you do this. Helpers are always good videos to have.

if he gets that many views per video he should be getting a lot more than that.

this is easy to do, I do it myself and i make money its not enough to live on but i use it to fund new games and psn packs stuff like that. i have only 440 subs and just over 100,000 views so if i can do it anyone can. I am partnered and i can set you up once you have your channel going for a few weeks and get your views up.

i really think that anyone who games should be uploading there content as there is always a chance that you can make it big. my content quality ranges from bad to fairly good i dont spend too long editing videos but if you have a lot of time i would suggest that you do this. Helpers are always good videos to have.

jee...
    1)Whats your channel name?
    2)Who are you partnered with?
    3)What do you record with?
    pm me if you want thanks for the reply:)

jee...
    1)Whats your channel name?
    2)Who are you partnered with?
    3)What do you record with?
    pm me if you want thanks for the reply:)

My channel name is GraphicGaming88

I record mostly Fifa 14 on playstation

and i use an elgato.

the company i am with there is not much point in telling as your channel is new and you would not be accepted you would be better to get your channel off the ground asap and once you get your subs and views up then worry about getting money from your channel any way i have sent you a link to my channel

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

It depends what you plan to upload dude. On the copyright side, let's play's & videos on single player campaign play through's are probably going to be a pain. ie. unlicensed music, cut scene's etc.

If it's footage from a multiplayer game you should be mostly fine. (If GTA don't have the radio on in cars etc)

Few thoughts I would give from a Viewer point of view:
    • Record footage at a bare minimum of 720p, most people have decent internet these days & want to see quality footage.
    • Have decent sound quality, both in game & voice. Make sure guys on teamspeak etc or your voice are not too loud. A decent mic can be picked up for cheap enough.
    • May sound harsh but don't waste the viewers time, you need to give the viewer a reason to stay watching your video's.

Few thoughts from a content creator point of view:
    • Again it depends on what you are uploading but you need to find your own niche, your own unique content. As an example there are a million call of duty sniper montage's out there. To be noticed your's will need to have something extra. A reason for the viewer to keep watching.
    • Don't expect thousands of views instantly, YouTube is extremely hard work. It takes time to build a viewer base. You may put hours into editing/creating a video that you think is going to do amazing for it to only do OK or worse. When it pays off though, the hours spent editing really is worth it.
    • Learn to take criticism, as we all know the internet is full of complete morons & trolls that like nothing more than watching the world burn. You will get comments from people like this but also constructive criticism from decent people. Learn to differentiate from the two & better your content for it.
    • Spend time researching what editing software you are going to use. Get to grips with the ins & outs of it. Then try learn new editing techniques to make your content unique. 99% of my time on YouTube is spent editing so putting in the effort here really pays off.
    • It's not all about getting partnered with a network. Don't worry about that, in time when you start getting a regular viewer base on your channel you will get contacted by various networks asking you to partner with them. Be careful here. Don't go for the first one that "wants" you, research them & make sure they are the right fit for you and your content.
    • Enjoy it! May sound stupid but you don't want to turn into a guy that just plays games for views on YouTube. The more you enjoy the games you play, the more you will enjoy editing/creating the videos & that will in turn come across to your viewer base.

That's just a few thoughts I can think of at the moment. Hopefully some of it makes sense :P If you have any other questions let me know!

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It depends what you plan to upload dude. On the copyright side, let's play's & videos on single player campaign play through's are probably going to be a pain. ie. unlicensed music, cut scene's etc.

If it's footage from a multiplayer game you should be mostly fine. (If GTA don't have the radio on in cars etc)

Few thoughts I would give from a Viewer point of view:
    • Record footage at a bare minimum of 720p, most people have decent internet these days & want to see quality footage.
    • Have decent sound quality, both in game & voice. Make sure guys on teamspeak etc or your voice are not too loud. A decent mic can be picked up for cheap enough.
    • May sound harsh but don't waste the viewers time, you need to give the viewer a reason to stay watching your video's.

Few thoughts from a content creator point of view:
    • Again it depends on what you are uploading but you need to find your own niche, your own unique content. As an example there are a million call of duty sniper montage's out there. To be noticed your's will need to have something extra. A reason for the viewer to keep watching.
    • Don't expect thousands of views instantly, YouTube is extremely hard work. It takes time to build a viewer base. You may put hours into editing/creating a video that you think is going to do amazing for it to only do OK or worse. When it pays off though, the hours spent editing really is worth it.
    • Learn to take criticism, as we all know the internet is full of complete morons & trolls that like nothing more than watching the world burn. You will get comments from people like this but also constructive criticism from decent people. Learn to differentiate from the two & better your content for it.
    • Spend time researching what editing software you are going to use. Get to grips with the ins & outs of it. Then try learn new editing techniques to make your content unique. 99% of my time on YouTube is spent editing so putting in the effort here really pays off.
    • It's not all about getting partnered with a network. Don't worry about that, in time when you start getting a regular viewer base on your channel you will get contacted by various networks asking you to partner with them. Be careful here. Don't go for the first one that "wants" you, research them & make sure they are the right fit for you and your content.
    • Enjoy it! May sound stupid but you don't want to turn into a guy that just plays games for views on YouTube. The more you enjoy the games you play, the more you will enjoy editing/creating the videos & that will in turn come across to your viewer base.

That's just a few thoughts I can think of at the moment. Hopefully some of it makes sense :P If you have any other questions let me know!
    thanks so much any recommendations for recording game-play or voice

My software:

Recording:

DXTORY with multiple audio channels, set up exactly like this video:

Editing:

Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Gimp

ktulu123 wrote: »
    My software:

Recording:

DXTORY with multiple audio channels, set up exactly like this video:

Editing:

Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Gimp
    cant see vid

Fixed now

thanks but im not recording PC its xbox

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

What's a good upload speed for getting 1080p videos up quick?

Just curious.

Advertisement