Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW: Tymon Park Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Best of luck with the new Tymon parkrun. Hopefully I will get out to visit you at some stage over the summer.....enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

good luck to Tymon parkrun today , sorry I wont be there its Griffeen's 1st birthday and I'll be at the party ( somebody promised cake :-) ) but looking forward to running Tymon in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Well done to all involved this morning, really enjoyed it, easier course than Marley as well!! One small suggestion is to try and have km markers in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Weetabix wrote: »
    Well done to all involved this morning, really enjoyed it, easier course than Marley as well!! One small suggestion is to try and have km markers in future.

I just live near the park, I'm actually not involved with park run.

I missed it this morning because I was on a late night hike yesterday evening! Gutted!! But hopefully will start getting out a bit after next week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I was time keeping this morning, everything went really well bar a few little things we learned. 160 finishers which was more than expected. Build it and they will come!!
    Results are already uploaded and should be live very soon.

Edit: Results already up!! http://www.parkrun.ie/tymon/results/latestresults/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well done today, very enjoyable run !

Well done all volunteers today, your efforts are much appreciated. Excellent course. First couple of miles are quick. I went off too hard and was cooked for the last mile.

maguic24 wrote: »
    I just live near the park, I'm actually not involved with park run...YET

I missed it this morning because I was on a late night hike yesterday evening! Gutted!! But hopefully will start getting out a bit after next week. :)

Just corrected your typo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

menoscemo wrote: »
    I was time keeping this morning, everything went really well bar a few little things we learned. 160 finishers which was more than expected. Build it and they will come!!
    Results are already uploaded and should be live very soon.

Edit: Results already up!! http://www.parkrun.ie/tymon/results/latestresults/

So your the reason I missed my target that I have been trying to get for 18 months by 1 second today after missing by 5 seconds the last time I really went for it in Santry just before christmas!!!

How would you compare todays course to Kilcock? Ran a small PB today and hope to do the same in Dunshaughlin and Kilcock in the next 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Thought today went very smoothly. 160 runners is a good start, and it can only grow from here. All concerned deserve great credit. Just squeaked under the 20 today, Derry still in the legs obviously, but it was almost good enough to get in the top 10 all the same. Might have half an eye on the age-graded league table this year.

Weetabix wrote: »
    So your the reason I missed my target that I have been trying to get for 18 months by 1 second today after missing by 5 seconds the last time I really went for it in Santry just before christmas!!!

How would you compare todays course to Kilcock? Ran a small PB today and hope to do the same in Dunshaughlin and Kilcock in the next 2 weeks.

Haha, my timing was not needed today (I was backup) so you can't blame me!!

Kilcock would be significantly faster. Tymon is a fair course but Kilcock has no climbs at all. Tymon also finishes a few metres above the start while Kilcock is the opposite.

Nice turnout again this morning. Very well run and organised.

claralara is going to be Race Director at this next week.
    Allegedly (courtesy of TRR) ;) her pre-race briefing is going to go something like this:

"so roight goys you are running this way and there's, loike a hill and OMG it's really steep. Nearly as steep as the slope I skied in Verbier, Switzerland. So loike keep on running, loike really fast. For those of you who are interested the nearest starbuckies is loike in Dundrum. OK goys have a good one"

Should be good fun :pac:

Allegedly (courtesy of TRR) ;) her pre-race briefing is going to go something like this:

"so roight goys you are running this way and there's, loike a hill and OMG it's really steep. Nearly as steep as the slope I skied in Verbier, Switzerland. So loike keep on running, loike really fast. For those of you who are interested the nearest starbuckies is loike in Dundrum. OK goys have a good one"

Should be good fun :pac:

I am pretty sure Starbucks in Nutgrove is closer than Dundrum but I'm from DNS so couldn't be sure:)

FBOT01 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Starbucks in Nutgrove is closer than Dundrum but I'm from DNS so couldn't be sure:)

Yeah but loike OMG Nutgrove is sooooo common ;)

I think Tymon is tougher than Marlay.........................

Rosie O'Carroll-Kelly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

davedanon wrote: »
    Rosie O'Carroll-Kelly?

ya, totes amazeballs!

porkrun...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I was there today, really great turnout. :) It's so hard running first thing in the morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Is this on next Saturday ?

Stevo1983 wrote: »

Every Saturday. Same time, same place.

Grand, see you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

I haven't heard that it isn't. I'd image there will be a big crowd at it too since Marley is closed this Saturday due to the Monkey breakout over there:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Yeah - a much larger turnout than usual due to the Marley contingent popping over.

Excellently run, fun event. Would recommend to both casual and "proper" runners alike.

Registered this afternoon, hope to see some of you Saturday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Registered this afternoon, hope to see some of you Saturday morning.

I won't make it this Saturday but I'll be there the following Saturday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Likewise, home for the long weekend and should probably engage in a bit of Parkrun tourism while I'm at it :)

• Advertisement

Did this run for the first time on Saturday. Total disaster for me from beginning to end. Really bad time and I struggled the whole way around. Don't think my previous weekend of drinking and eating festival food helped in any way mind you so I'm going to give this another shot Saturday week.

Nice run though. Flatter than Marley. I prefer having the kms marked out, I didn't have a watch so I was pretty oblivious to how long/far I had run which psychologically didn't help this disastrous morning for me :D

Advertisement