Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG History predictions thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

There may be more than the initially anticipated 7 or 8 actually....

Dammit :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Mussolini's Italy and Hitler's Treatment of Jews are also on the list.

Early German Victories as well,

The Fall of France 1940 also.

There may be more than the initially anticipated 7 or 8 actually....

Most of those though you're given a choice - so while there may be more than 7 to 8, you could get full marks with knowing 5ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MysticManiac

I don't understand how people do crap in 'Social Change'. It's easy to learn, there's not much to learn, and a lot of it is common sense. The only reason for poor marks would be if you're asked to write about something from 1945 etc. instead of naming anything from the 20th century. You only get marks for CHANGES, so don't bother saying how it was before and then stating the change.

I don't understand how people do crap in 'Social Change'. It's easy to learn, there's not much to learn, and a lot of it is common sense. The only reason for poor marks would be if you're asked to write about something from 1945 etc. instead of naming anything from the 20th century. You only get marks for CHANGES, so don't bother saying how it was before and then stating the change.

Our teacher just refuses to teach it to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Liordi wrote: »
    Our teacher just refuses to teach it to us.
    Same- she told us it's too hard to get marks in...

• Advertisement

Same- she told us it's too hard to get marks in...

I think it's easier for me. It's the irish political history which I hate

I think it's easier for me. It's the irish political history which I hate
    Haha I love Irish and European political history- I will most likely do Q6c and Q6d in the exam :-)

Haha I love Irish and European political history- I will most likely do Q6c and Q6d in the exam :-)

I'll do 6B and 6D, or maybe 6A. Depends on what comes up

Planning on doing 6A and C unless the Renaissance is A, then I'll be doing C and D.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The ones who do badly on that question do badly because they think it's easy and spoof.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    The ones who do badly on that question do badly because they think it's easy and spoof.

Makes sense. But unless you do 0 preparation, it is pretty easy.

So, I just had a quick flick through the exam papers - Industrial Revolution has came up every year since 07.

So, I just had a quick flick through the exam papers - Industrial Revolution has came up every year since 07.

You mean as a long question (Q4-6), it's come up at least once? Cus, all topics are pretty much guaranteed to come up in Q1, 2 or 3 (except social change)

You mean as a long question (Q4-6), it's come up at least once? Cus, all topics are pretty much guaranteed to come up in Q1, 2 or 3 (except social change)

Q4-6.

Q4-6.

Well from 2013 and 2010, there was an Agricultural Revolution People in History but not an 'Industrial Revolution' long question. Make sure not to mix the 2 up

• Registered Users Posts: 20 needhelpquick

I Have A strong feeling about these, and I have went over and over the past papers, That These six Should Come up!

Christopher Columbus
    Martin Luther
    Albrecht Durer
    George Washington
    Someone in Rome
    Settler Who Received Land

Study Them Off And you'll get an easy 40/180 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

I Have A strong feeling about these, and I have went over and over the past papers, That These six Should Come up!

Christopher Columbus
    Martin Luther
    Albrecht Durer
    George Washington
    Someone in Rome
    Settler Who Received Land

Study Them Off And you'll get an easy 40/180 :)

Columbus and Luther came up last year?

I thiiiink maybe Sean lemass or Michael Collins or plantations for part B

Xgracie wrote: »
    Columbus and Luther came up last year?

So? Aha They will come up.

So? Aha They will come up.

They don't usually repeat (apart from a planter who lost/got land that had repeated often) especially 2, look at the past papers
    Just trying to give you some advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Yes, people in history topics are not normally repeated two years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Maybe a question might pop up on a soldier during a major battle of ww2 or a q on a roman master/slave

Personally, I don't like writing about the 3rd year course on People in History. I'm not as prepared for the People in History 3rd year questions as Q6.

Personally, I don't like writing about the 3rd year course on People in History. I'm not as prepared for the People in History 3rd year questions as Q6.
    Me neither...I'm just going to learn off all the people in history from first and second year :-)

Me neither...I'm just going to learn off all the people in history from first and second year :-)

Same Ah..Too much effort when I've been learning them since 1st year :)

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    roman master/slave

This Has Literally Never Came up..Don't know why you'd think that..

This Has Literally Never Came up..Don't know why you'd think that..

It came up on my mocks

Just out of interest- what are the third year people in history? :-)

Just out of interest- what are the third year people in history? :-)

news reporter covering cold war+ww2 crises, historian describing european unity, supporter of independence move ment in asia or africa

• Advertisement

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    news reporter covering cold war+ww2 crises, historian describing european unity, supporter of independence move ment in asia or africa
    Are there any Irish political history people in history?

Advertisement