Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG History predictions thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Are there any Irish political history people in history?

Not in the people of history only for q6

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    Oh okay :-) thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Oh okay :-) thanks :-)

go on examinations.ie and you can see past papers

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Are there any Irish political history people in history?

Yep there are - Sean lemass & Michael Collins (and James Connolly?)
    Go through your papers and book info on her can be a bit wishy washy

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MysticManiac

FifaPlaya wrote: »

No, there are people in history questions for irish political history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ImNeil

Both history teachers in my school came up with these :
    People in history -archaeologists , roman , farmer in ancient Ireland ,settler, factory worker and revolutionary leader in 20th century I.e. Michael Collins
    And q5 : explorations or revolutions

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ImNeil wrote: »
    People in history -archaeologists , roman , farmer in ancient Ireland ,settler, factory worker and revolutionary leader in 20th century I.e. Michael Collins

'Roman' can't be asked as the syllabus does not specify Rome. 'A person living in a named civilisation outside Ireland' is usually how it is phrased. Someone could answer on Greece or Egypt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

ImNeil wrote: »

Sorry what do you mean by settler. what chapter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Sorry what do you mean by settler. what chapter

I would presume "A Settler Who Came To Ireland During a Named Plantation", implying, the chapter would be "The Plantations."

Liordi wrote: »
    I would presume "A Settler Who Came To Ireland During a Named Plantation", implying, the chapter would be "The Plantations."

Thats what i thought at first but wasn't sure. I'd be really happy with archaeologist, plantation settler and american revolution leader to come up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

if anyone wants a few easy people in histories to learn off I found a planter , monk , luther (you can learn calvin in about 10 minutes after learning luther) and a patrician

Do people have any predictions for Question 6(C), the Irish history question. Like what accounts may come up etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just on the 'named plantation' bit. They would expect you to name the Plantation. If you are speaking about Ulster, say it is Ulster. Don't say you are going to talk about Laois/Offaly and then give information which is more relevant to Ulster.

spurious wrote: »
    Just on the 'named plantation' bit. They would expect you to name the Plantation. If you are speaking about Ulster, say it is Ulster. Don't say you are going to talk about Laois/Offaly and then give information which is more relevant to Ulster.

Most people usually go for the Ulster one, as it was the most successful out of the other plantations and there is more info on the course about it

Most people usually go for the Ulster one, as it was the most successful out of the other plantations and there is more info on the course about it

They don't always remember to name it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Does anyone here know what to put in an account of the Civil Rights Movement in Northern Ireland as part of Q.6(C)? The e-xamit answer seems too short :S

• Registered Users Posts: 41 missdons

what people in historys should i learn for ol history on wednesday i've decided to drop because i missed a lot of school this past year and alot of the 3rd year course
    what do you predict will come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eoingreaney

Any help would do ???

• Registered Users Posts: 9 luimneachabu

our teacher said the revolutions is likely to come up for history long question 5

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

My whole class reckons for French, we'll get a note as it hasn't come up in years, but just go over a postcard just in case! And my teacher thinks the Revolutions will come up in History! Also we think some Irish history might come up but again dont go by any of what I'm saying as theyre just predictions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

My whole reckons for French, we'll get a note as it hasn't come up in years, but just go over a postcard just in case! And my teacher thinks the Revolutions will come up in History! Also we think some Irish history might come up but again dont go by any of what I'm saying as theyre just predictions!

Irish history always comes up! :)

VG31 wrote: »
    Irish history always comes up! :)

As does international relations in the 20th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

My whole reckons for French, we'll get a note as it hasn't come up in years, but just go over a postcard just in case! And my teacher thinks the Revolutions will come up in History! Also we think some Irish history might come up but again dont go by any of what I'm saying as theyre just predictions!

A note came up last year, I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Caveat_Emptor

How many of these should I learn? I currently know:
    George Washington
    Ulster Plantation
    Christopher Columbus
    Martin Luther
    Shakespeare
    DaVinci
    Michelangelo
    King Henry VIII

I thought this was enough for mocks but annoyingly NONE of these came up. I have since learned Historian, but I don't want to lose 40 marks again :/ Should these cover me or should I learn more?
    I'm definitely not doing history for leaving if it's this bad for junior cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

A named reformer (luther) and a named explorer (columbus/magellan) both came up last year in people in history, and our teacher said that it's unlikely we'll see them this year, but they may appear in other parts of the paper

Chances are neither Chris. Columbus or Martin Luther will come up as they both came up last year.
    I'd recommend learning off: Ancient Civilization (i.e Romans) & Michael Collins.

How many of these should I learn? I currently know:
    George Washington
    Ulster Plantation
    Christopher Columbus Came up last year
    Martin Luther Came up last year
    Shakespeare Is that a people in history?
    DaVinci
    Michelangelo
    King Henry VIII Is that a people in history?

I thought this was enough for mocks but annoyingly NONE of these came up. I have since learned Historian, but I don't want to lose 40 marks again :/ Should these cover me or should I learn more?
    I'm definitely not doing history for leaving if it's this bad for junior cert.

I'd learn ancient civilisation as well.

@VG
    Not sure about Shakespeare but King Henry VIII counts as a reformer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

There's no need to learn off Michaelanglo and Da Vinci. They could both be classed as Renaissance artists, so just one would be enough

• Advertisement

@VG
    Not sure about Shakespeare but King Henry VIII counts as a reformer :)

Oh ok, but Luther is enough anyway.

Advertisement