Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BIG History predictions thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

spurious wrote: »
    No, leave them as they are. You have well over the required amount and you will have plenty of time in History. Don't stress yourself by trying to edit them now.

Would it be worth it to do more than one question when there is a choice?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Liordi wrote: »
    Would it be worth it to do more than one question when there is a choice?

If you've finished the rest of the paper and have time, but unless you've made a bags of one question it's not necessary.

spurious wrote: »
    If you've finished the rest of the paper and have time, but unless you've made a bags of one question it's not necessary.

I should *hopefully* be okay then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stressedlife

The only PIH i know are:

Medieval Monk
    Archaelogist
    Factory Worker in Indust Rev
    Michael Collins
    Roman

Is this enough?
    Trying to figure out how early to get up tomorrow!

The only PIH i know are:

Medieval Monk
    Archaelogist
    Factory Worker in Indust Rev
    Michael Collins
    Roman

Is this enough?
    Trying to figure out how early to get up tomorrow!

Hopefully you'll be okay.
    Try revising a Renaissance painter if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 stressedlife

Hopefully you'll be okay.
    Try revising a Renaissance painter if you can.

I will, thanks! Good luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I will, thanks! Good luck!

Do one in and outside Italy to cover yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Is the Berlin Blockade enough to learn or should I learn the Cuban Missile Crisi just to be on the safe side. Really trying to filter out the unimportant stuff and prioritise what is important at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Is the Berlin Blockade enough to learn or should I learn the Cuban Missile Crisi just to be on the safe side. Really trying to filter out the unimportant stuff and prioritise what is important at the moment.
    Yeah, they usually ask all 3 and write an account on one, but it would hurt to look over the Cuban missile crisis to be sure ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Our teacher recommended we learn two because in 2011 there was only a choice between two and you don't want to be caught out if the Berlin Blockade doesn't appear...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Fwiz

In most cases, you can divide chapters up in to sections, the three C's, Causes, Course, and Consequence. It's a handy tip to have if you want to structure your notes etc. So when you're finished a chapter ask yourself, "Do I know why it happened?", "Do I know what happened?", "Do I know the aftermath of what happened?". If you can answer all three of these questions with some detail, you're doing very well for yourself! Good luck to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Krazewon

I have had a riddiculously bad history teacher the past 3 years. I have done my best these years trying to cover the course as much as I can myself. After stressing out all evening im giving up and retiring to some hot chocolate. Lads just give everything your best shot and BSing will get us through the rest of it. Best of luck to everyone and anyhow tis only the junior cert.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Samdublinn

Does anybody have essays for Revolutions on Q.5? E.g. Causes of the French Revolution, causes of 1798 rebellion, impact of American or French Revolution on Ireland, reasons for failure of 1798 rebellion and consequences of the 1798 rebellion?

I only know causes of the American revolution and the terror during the French Revolution. How many more of the above should I learn? And essays would be greatly appreciated! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Samdublinn wrote: »
    Does anybody have essays for Revolutions on Q.5? E.g. Causes of the French Revolution, causes of 1798 rebellion, impact of American or French Revolution on Ireland, reasons for failure of 1798 rebellion and consequences of the 1798 rebellion?

I only know causes of the American revolution and the terror during the French Revolution. How many more of the above should I learn? And essays would be greatly appreciated! :D

Look at this pdf. Great notes on some revolution topics:

http://http://www.skoool.ie/content_template.asp?id=4907

Click on history long legacy part 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Any predictions for what the accounts could be for question on Irish History for Q6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Any predictions for what the accounts could be for question on Irish History for Q6

The war of independence, Lemass government in the 60's civil rights movement Northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Fwiz

Krazewon wrote: »
    I have had a riddiculously bad history teacher the past 3 years. I have done my best these years trying to cover the course as much as I can myself. After stressing out all evening im giving up and retiring to some hot chocolate. Lads just give everything your best shot and BSing will get us through the rest of it. Best of luck to everyone and anyhow tis only the junior cert.... ;)
    It's nice to see someone who is on the same page as me. Reassuring :D I'm gonna step back and relax, and take history on the chin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 adekoon

i dont know if its been said already not bothered to read through all the pages but this year was the 70th anniversary of D-Day. so maybe D-Day will come up for section 5 or 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

Came up last year I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TypicalAsian

Good luck everyone on the History exam.. y'all still have time so make sure to do some last-minute studying if possible! ..Oh wait.

• Advertisement

This is what I know off by heart:
    Romans, De Vinci, Ulster Plantation, Society of Jesuits, Courts of Inquisition, Council of Trent, Anglo-Irish Treaty, The Emergency, Home Rule, NICRA, Cumann Na Gaedhal, Home Rule, Cuban Missile Crisis, Operation Overlord (D-Day), The Holocaust..

Swear if I'm not covered I'm going to kill the SEC..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MysticManiac

This is what I know off by heart:
    Romans, De Vinci, Ulster Plantation, Society of Jesuits, Courts of Inquisition, Council of Trent, Anglo-Irish Treaty, The Emergency, Home Rule, NICRA, Cumann Na Gaedhal, Home Rule, Cuban Missile Crisis, Operation Overlord (D-Day), The Holocaust..

Swear if I'm not covered I'm going to kill the SEC..

If you don't get an A, I'd be shocked!

If you don't get an A, I'd be shocked!

I won't be getting any A in History because what I studied only accounted for 52 marks in accounts (2 PiH, Crisis)

Advertisement