Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice from stay at home parents

Options
  • 10-06-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Ok I'm not a mother just yet hopefully will be soon but just trying to plan or think about the time I will be a parent
    I'm recently married, 34 and live in bray
    Currently work full time
    But as everybody know childcare costs are my biggest worry so maybe in the future I may have to give up work
    Some ideas I have is to find a job around my hubby's work, or work from home at something
    Are stay at home mothers entitled to the dole and how do stay at home parents find the financial side of things
    May as well start thinking now and not the fingerscrossed when I come a parent

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

no stay at home mothers are not entitled to the dole. You can share your tax credit with your husband and he can claim home carers tax credit too.
    Would you childmind?you can earn 15k tax free a year and only pay PRSI.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

Moonbeam wrote: »
    no stay at home mothers are not entitled to the dole. You can share your tax credit with your husband and he can claim home carers tax credit too.
    Would you childmind?you can earn 15k tax free a year and only pay PRSI.

Thanks for that! Didn't know that about the tax credits cheers!
    Yes I could childmind I guess that's something to keep in mind

Advertisement