Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 History - Wed. June 11th 2014 - all levels***

Options
  • 10-06-2014 6:36pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

History (OL and HL)
    Wednesday June 11th 2014

All discussion and questions about the History paper goes here, following the exam. Please do not post predictions or discussion here before the exam.

Usual rules apply. Anyone slagging off another poster about the level they did, or a mistake they made, will be banned for the duration of the exams.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

There will be examiners getting shot. :rolleyes:
    Nothing I studied on Ireland came up in 6c...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Liordi wrote: »
    There will be examiners getting shot. :rolleyes:
    Nothing I studied on Ireland came up in 6c...

Same my war of Indepence account was so dodgy! Fianna Fáil one was alright though

Beca19 wrote: »
    Same my war of Indepence account was so dodgy! Fianna Fáil one was alright though

I had no idea what Fianna Fáil did, my mind just blanked.
    Knew what Noel Browne, Welfare State and Cumman na nGaedhal did and I couldn't remember what was left.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

I thought it was ok overall.Could have been better but could have been alot worse aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

That test =) . I literally blazed that Question 6 D and the Reign of Terror question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Liordi wrote: »
    I had no idea what Fianna Fáil did, my mind just blanked.
    Knew what Noel Browne, Welfare State and Cumman na nGaedhal did and I couldn't remember what was left.. :mad:

Aw same I was all set to write on Noel Browne or the civil rights movement in Northern Ireland, very sad :( plus my planter didn't come up and I had to bs a factory owner!

I didn't even look through the paper at the start, just started at SQs, Pics, Docs, and then went 4-5-6, was so happy until I got to Q6.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DanielChester

When the reign of terror came up, i was sooo happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

That test =) . I literally blazed that Question 6 D and the Reign of Terror question.

420 blaze it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I loved that paper! :D Was so happy I learned Mussolini's political achievements last night :)
    People in history questions didn't give a great choice though- couldn't believe it when I saw plantations and ancient rome on the same list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

Was so better than I expected ! For the person who lost land could you sorta right about the person who got the land aswell?

I wrote a boss of a life on the Romans one

I wrote the people in history as a mine worker not owner so I had to change a few words to make it sound right :) I was like FML

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

For the Usa vs USSR cold war q could you have done berlin blockade?

nanook5 wrote: »
    I wrote the people in history as a mine worker not owner so I had to change a few words to make it sound right :) I was like FML
    HAHA I would hate that. Short question were kinda HARD imo tbh

koolis02 wrote: »
    I think so

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DanielChester

nanook5 wrote: »

That question is a disease. You lost easy marks, should of just done A & D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Lovely paper apart from part B in the people in history...still wrote about it :) EXPLORATIONS EEEP

Yeah. :D
    Berlin Blockade, Korean War or Cuban Missile Crisis.

I did

• Advertisement

I think so

Hey Mr Gerrymandering...Your user came to me writing about discrimination of catholics, I hope its right hahahahha

HE is talking about people in history, Question 4 n00b

?? That was a people in history question

pizzamad wrote: »
    Hey Mr Gerrymandering...Your user came to me writing about discrimination of catholics, I hope its right hahahahha

I think that's wrong. I'm serious. Gerrymandering is the rigging of constituencies in ulster, am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

That was a really horrible paper, almost cried when I first read it but stuff came back to me throughout and my accounts were all pretty decent! Hopefully I'll scrape the A!

I did 6 b thought I did quite well in it though why would I lose marks for right answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

That paper was beautiful hahaha, delighted with my essays and 5D, wasn't completely prepared for Explorations but i BSed some decent enough points so I'll get some marks!

I think that's wrong. I'm serious. Gerrymandering is the rigging of constituencies in ulster, am I right?

I said it grouped protestants together so a catholic minority would be in parliment which gave catholics little voice ...... I got a few other shorts should be fine :)

I don't know how you guys manage to do the Irish stuff

• Advertisement

yaEHya wrote: »
    I did 6 b thought I did quite well in it though why would I lose marks for right answers?

I was forced to do it unfortunately . :( Have no clue about exploration or Irish history

Advertisement