Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 History - Wed. June 11th 2014 - all levels***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

roisiny wrote: »
    Does anyone know for the questions on the achievements of Portugal, I wrote about Magellan. I specified at the start I knew he was sailing under the spanish flag. Will I get marks for that as he was Portuguese?
    My answer was probably half marks but I didn't have time to go over and waffle the rest of the short answers that I didn't get the first time round, completely forgot ah

Did that come in Q6A? I didn't even read A! :P You might get marks but what they are mainly looking for is Price Henry, Diaz and Da Gama.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

My friend just said to me if they ask for 1 reason and you give 2, you get no marks.... Is that true?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭i am awsome

namn wrote: »
    Ah well, didn't say that in the exam.
    Hope I got a B though!

Also, when are the marking schemes out? September?

Late august, as they meet in athlone first to discuss the exams, and the marking scheme is changed around a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

My friend just said to me if they ask for 1 reason and you give 2, you get no marks.... Is that true?! :o

Not unless both are incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

I hope ****ing not I did that so many times!

• Advertisement

False, you will get marks for the correct answer, so if in the short question it asks for 1 reason and you give 2, they take any of the correct ones.

False, you will get marks for the correct answer, so if in the short question it asks for 1 reason and you give 2, they take any of the correct ones.

Thank God for that I was ****ting it what about if it asks for two reasons and u give 4 is that alright ?

yaEHya wrote: »
    Thank God for that I was ****ting it what about if it asks for two reasons and u give 4 is that alright ?

Same thing applies, as long as at least 2 are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

Liordi wrote: »
    Not unless both are incorrect.

Oh thank goodness! I was freaking out

• Registered Users Posts: 20 laurap123

Great paper so happy! my face when the D-Day soldier and roman child came up
    > :D

From Farm to factory didnt come up for 6A as I hoped :( but worked my way around the 6C and 6D did alright answers :) I found the short qs easy!

• Advertisement

For one question it said are they supporting the revolution or not and i give opinions for both sides would I get marks for that?

For one question it said are they supporting the revolution or not and i give opinions for both sides would I get marks for that?

they usually need one or the other, but as long asyou can back up your point in an "opinion' question, the anything can be correct, but it was anti revolution in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Sincerely hope my marker is a Fianna Fáil supporter...... :L

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

They really have to stop putting third year stuff in People in History. 3rd Year stuff belongs for the most part in Q6, that's the way it should be:pac:

they usually need one or the other, but as long asyou can back up your point in an "opinion' question, the anything can be correct, but it was anti revolution in my opinion.

Ya I wasn't sure I backed my opinions up anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JWM12

Took a gamble yesterday and learnt about a solider landing on d-day as it's the 70th anniversary; paid off :D

Short Q's kinda stumped me but I managed ten. Sources Pictures and Documents were simple and people in history was fairly handy. 6D was bloody brilliant and I did respectably on Age of Exploration. Very nice paper hope/expect an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

Was Columbus a Portugese or a Spanish explorer?

*please be Portugese please be Portugese please be Portugese*

Spanish....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 niamhy505

He's Italian* but the King and Queen of Portugal funded his voyage to the Americas :)

he was portugese, but he got the support of the spanish king and queen

• Advertisement

I didn't do that question but I think he sailed for the Spanish after the Portuguese turned him down.

he was portugese, but he got the support of the spanish king and queen

sorry I was wrong, he is Italian, as he was born in Genoa, but he sailed for the Spanish.

niamhy505 wrote: »
    He's Spanish but the King and Queen of Portugal funded his voyage to the Americas :)

Other way around I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Robert Kennedy

Such a good paper! Did the first booklet and filled two more booklets.Wrote 20.A4 pages :D..I didnt do this account but what did the 1913 Strike thing invole because I thought I knew all the accounts that were possibe in 6 (c)..Expecting 100 is there any prize for that? How.much did others write?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Columbus is Italian and was sponsored by King & Queen of Spain.

For writting an account on a crisis between the USA and the USSR, would the Berlin Blockade be accepted?

Such a good paper! Did the first booklet and filled two more booklets.Wrote 20.A4 pages :D..I didnt do this account but what did the 1913 Strike thing invole because I thought I knew all the accounts that were possibe in 6 (c)..Expecting 100 is there any prize for that? How.much did others write?

How can you write that much in two hours I wrote like 5 pages and was happy with myself

For writting an account on a crisis between the USA and the USSR, would the Berlin Blockade be accepted?

Yeah, it is a crisis :L

Yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 niamhy505

Other way around I think?

"When Columbus arrived back in Spain on March 15, 1493, he immediately wrote a letter announcing his discoveries to King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, who had helped finance his trip." Took that from a website
    He was born in Italy, sailed for Spain! :)

Advertisement