Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 French - Wed. June 11th 2014 - all levels***

Options
  • 10-06-2014 6:37pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭

French (OL and HL)
    Wednesday June 11th 2014

All discussion and questions about the French paper goes here, following the exam. Please do not post predictions or discussion here before the exam.

Usual rules apply. Anyone slagging off another poster about the level they did, or a mistake they made, will be banned for the duration of the exams.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Out 10 minutes already! Comps were grand, so was the postcard and I probs made a few mistakes in my letter but happy over all :D listening wasn't perfect tho

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Yeah they give us way too much time for that exam! Everyone in my centre had left by 10 past 11 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ConorFTW

Felt the listening was hard and the snow on the mountains bit for the writing but everything else was easy enough

What did the guy want to do next? I said launch a new furniture line because 'meuble' is furniture but that just seems like the randomest thing ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

I thought it was okay, listening was hard, few of the comprehensions were aswell and thought the postcard was awkward but i attempted all questions so hopefully I'll even scrape a C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Finished at 10:35..don't even think I did that well if I'm being honest.

On the very first section in the aural, what way did the answers go?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

OK test .Listening was v.good and writing.Some comps were hard

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ConorFTW

Beca19 wrote: »
    What did the guy want to do next? I said launch a new furniture line because 'meuble' is furniture but that just seems like the randomest thing ever...

I wrote something about furniture too. Seems odd but at least we got the same answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

ConorFTW wrote: »
    I wrote something about furniture too. Seems odd but at least we got the same answer

Did he not want to open a collection of women's clothing?

ECM1234 wrote: »
    Did he not want to open a collection of women's clothing?

I just said have a clothing line because didn't think anyone had a furniture line. :confused:

• Advertisement

Liordi wrote: »
    I just said have a clothing line because didn't think anyone had a furniture line. :confused:

I think it was a clothing line, he aside mode (fashion) and then about vetemens femmes, so I presume it was women's clothing

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Worst nightmare realised, alone with the superintendent :(
    Listening was pretty easy except for a few questions.
    First few reading comps were grand but some difficult questions in the last few comps.
    Postcard was mostly okay and the letter was just okay. Overall, perhaps a bit better than the mocks and i got an A in the mock so i think I did quite well!

I was out at 11:30 anyone else finished early?

I was out at 11:30 anyone else finished early?

Finished at 10:35.

Finished at 10:35.

They really do, give you too much time

They really do, give you too much time

Yeah.
    German takes a little longer to do, though because the letters require a lot more effort.
    French should probably be 2h with German 2h30.

Yeah.
    German takes a little longer to do, though because the letters require a lot more effort.
    French should probably be 2h with German 2h30.

I don't do German, so I wouldn't know. One European language is bad enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

What did the architects forget?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Oisin4 wrote: »
    What did the architects forget?

To install something, I said alarms but it was a guess

No I think he said he already had the clothes thing in the future he wanted the furniture.. Aw I dunno :(

• Advertisement

Xgracie wrote: »
    To install something, I said alarms but it was a guess

I said elevator

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Emmie123

Did anybody else find the postcard slightly awkward and difficult? Seeing as my teacher never went through anything like that in the exam I just had to thank my lucky stars I went over skiing vocab yesterday!

I said elevator

I said that too .

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

What did the girl want to do on holiday and in section D where were they going?

pizzamad wrote: »

She wanted to sail I think and they were going to Greece?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Sailing i think? for the girl

pizzamad wrote: »

Sailing in greece

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

For section d what was the thing happening in france/ where was it happening?

koolis02 wrote: »
    For section d what was the thing happening in france/ where was it happening?

Strikes in the airports

• Advertisement

Strikes in the airports

Feck. I had no clue about that I guessed hailstones lol

Advertisement