Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 French - Wed. June 11th 2014 - all levels***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

damn i said the airport shut bc of bad weather

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

nanook5 wrote: »
    Feck. I had no clue about that I guessed hailstones lol

Haha close enough ;) we only learned what a strike was like 2 weeks ago so it was lucky really

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Beca19 wrote: »
    Haha close enough ;) we only learned what a strike was like 2 weeks ago so it was lucky really

Didn't know strike or airport lol

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Feck. I had no clue about that I guessed hailstones lol

I said something ridiculous too can't even remember now!

Did anyone get the second speakers job? Couldnt get it for the life of me.

• Advertisement

koolis02 wrote: »

I said apprentice carpenter

I guessed carpenter I've no idea tho :O

I said apprentice? But I didn't know of what and it was a bit of a guess hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

French was grand...definitely too long at 2.5hrs though!
    I think the man's job was carpenter...it only clicked with me at lunchtime though! I said charcoal maker :rolleyes:

Letter was grand too...less random than last year anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Strikes in the airports

I said "the school closed because all of the students were sick" and "it wouldn't be open until christmas."
    I thought I was good at french, then again i was the last person in the centre in my entire year :(

• Advertisement

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    I said "the school closed because all of the students were sick" and "it wouldn't be open until christmas."
    I thought I was good at french, then again i was the last person in the centre in my entire year :(

That's right that was question one hahaha! There was a flu epidemic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Does anyone remember the order for the very first section on the listening?
    I think I said cinema, borrowing something from a friend and going to the doctor.

Liordi wrote: »
    Does anyone remember the order for the very first section on the listening?
    I think I said cinema, borrowing something from a friend and going to the doctor.

I said cinema, going shopping and going to the doctor

That's what I said

Me too!

Ah, yeah, you's are definitely write, I didn't have a clue what was going on so just kept swapping and changing between that and borrowing something.
    Knowing me, I could've changed it at the end, genuinely don't remember, I know I changed it 5-6 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

That's right that was question one hahaha! There was a flu epidemic :)

Oh haha, i unsterstand now. I didn't get the strike one either, i once again said it was christmas :P

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    Oh haha, i unsterstand now. I didn't get the strike one either, i once again said it was christmas :P

I said a European Tour.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JWM12

Was out at 11 for higher level. I did the comps in about 10 minutes, by the time listening was done it was 10 past 10 and just spent a while doing letters. Think I got an A off of listening and reading and did an alright job at the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Anybody here actually stay for the full 2 1/2 hours:o If I'm honest I needed every bit of it.

Quite honestly, I'm mildly disappointed with the tape. Second speaker in part B, the stuff about the exam in part D, and the part about "what's going on in France tomorrow" in Part E blew me away, hadn't a clue.

Delighted with the comprehensions except parts of Robin Hood person, and written was ok as well except I didn't know what the French for snow was.

I just said "The mountains are white because the weather is cold. They are nice:D".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

Anybody here actually stay for the full 2 1/2 hours:o If I'm honest I needed every bit of it.

Quite honestly, I'm mildly disappointed with the tape. Second speaker in part B, the stuff about the exam in part D, and the part about "what's going on in France tomorrow" in Part E blew me away, hadn't a clue.

Delighted with the comprehensions except parts of Robin Hood person, and written was ok as well except I didn't know what the French for snow was.

I just said "The mountains are white because the weather is cold. They are nice:D".
    The exacts same as me! I guessed snow was neige?

Oisin4 wrote: »
    The exacts same as me! I guessed snow was neige?

I said glâce . As in ice :)

I left it blank.
    "J'aime regarde
    sur la montagnes." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Robert Kennedy

I stayed for the 2 and a half hours.Wrote the paper given for the postcard and an extra A4 and filled the space for the letter and wrote and extra A4 too..How much did everybody else write for these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

I said my dog was beautiful :L

I stayed for the 2 and a half hours.Wrote the paper given for the postcard and an extra A4 and filled the space for the letter and wrote and extra A4 too..How much did everybody else write for these?

You must have HUGE writing or be Very very smart :P

Afaik, you're not actually supposed to write more in the postcard than the points they've given you.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

I called my dog Ananas ...<3

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Robert Kennedy

You must have HUGE writing or be Very very smart :P

Im goin for all As so ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Je n'ai resour pas l'argent de poche, parce que, je acheter un nouveau chien ...... :L

Advertisement