Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping shops in Waterford

Options
  • 10-06-2014 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a tent for a festival coming up soon and I'm looking to get a decent one. Was just wondering if anyone knows of any camping shops in Waterford, preferably one with a website so I can browse through the tents at home first. I've been on the Argos website but no joy. Checked out the Halfords one last week but unfortunately the tent I had my eye on is no longer on the site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Gooutdoorireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

Lidl have a good range in at present also much better value for limited use product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

Good stuff, thank you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Dont buy a lidl tent. Please. Quality is total sh1t and your just sending your money to Germany,

Support local business, buy local.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Mac's Outdoor Store on the Quay, which is the site linked above. (http://gooutdoorireland.com/store/camping/tents.html)

Altitude in Ballybricken used to sell tents (that's where I got mine about 6 years ago), but looking at their website now I don't see any listed. (http://www.altitude.ie/store/)

I agree with the poster above who said don't get a Lidl tent. They are generally very poor quality. Same with the ones sold in Dunnes, etc. Spend the money on a decent one and it will last years. Make sure you get one with an inner tent, as the single sheet ones (usually the supermarket type) get very cold inside (even in summer) and soaking wet with condensation.

The tent I have is the Vango Alpha 300 (http://gooutdoorireland.com/store/vango-alpha-300.html) and it's great for festivals. It's supposed to be a three-man, but that would be a bit of a squeeze - it sleeps two comfortably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

if it's still there then the camping place on the quay do a really nice range of tents. Not cheapo festival tents maybe but the ones that will take you through a few year's festivals. Spent a few quid on a '2 man' in there a few years ago and have happily traveled all over Europe performing and partying at festivals with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 swallow1

Altitude have tents in stock. Just not on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Last time I was upstairs in the shop on the quay they had loads of tents up. Great way to see what your buying as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

All sorted now, managed to get one today. Thanks again :)

Advertisement