Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the water been turned off in Tramore

Options
  • 10-06-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell if the water in Tramore and/or Westown has been turned off?

The quality of water has been terrible lately, not even suitable for making tea, any info would be appreciated :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

water is off here too - I'm living by tesco in Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,466 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Water was off for us from the morning, phone person at Irish Water told me there had been an electrical storm the previous night which had knocked out the pumping station. Water was due back on at 5pm, but it came on at 9pm.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Water would have came back on around 5pm, but as the statement said, it would have taken a few hours for the water to build up so you may not notice anything until later in the evening. Our pressure was very low in Tramore yesterday but it came back in the evening alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

who else has had the 'pleasure' of speaking to our new Irish Water workers?

i rang the council yesterday to find out why there was no water coming from the tap and when it would be back cause the washing machine was in the middle of the cycle, the council worker chuckled a little as he explained i would have to ring Irish Water.... he obviously knew what i was in for!
    i rang irish water. they then logged the fault and told me they would have to ring the contractors in the area, the contractors being Waterford council, to whom i had previously spoken to.
    they told me that there had been a lightning strike and that their contractors were waiting for the ESB, however, am i correct in saying that the ESb has contracted out this work to other organisations?
    see the big circly loop that is being played and all the while no-one could tell me at what time i could turn my washing machine back on at.
    This morning i rang them back to enquire as to what has been put in the water, why was it so cloudy and to put it to them that no it wasnt a lighting strike but could they tell me why the evening previous to it going off the water ran brown at 6pmish, this they couldnt answer, in fact they can answer very much, they couldnt answer why the water is running cloudy and what exactly was making it cloudy.

i would encourage others to make a call to Irish Water to let them know of the water situation in tramore.

like i pointed out to one of the workers, ' where am i to get water? where is the public water source? the gates to the Tankfield are locked so i cant even get to the tap....but of course you have no idea of what any of that means cause your locked in a windowless office somewhere in this watery isle.'

Advertisement