Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Im drinking gin and Robinsons Summer Fruit cordial..

• 10-06-2014 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

And it's quite frankly disgusting..

So what's the worst alcoholic beverage you've ever had?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Budweiser. /thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Fermented horse milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

Budweiser. /thread

Nailed it!

Fermented horse milk.

You mean Smithwicks?

:D

Where'd you get that though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Mush a lemon and lime into it and serve in a pint glass. V. Manly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

"I once saw an English man in Scotland trying to order a lager and lime. The barman said 'We don't do cock-tales'" - Frankie Boyle

I just thought of that quote from reading this thread for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

That mix I made from my parents alcohol cabinet when I was 15. Paddy's Whiskey, Hennessy Cognac, Cork Dry Gin and Smirnoff Vodka with Baileys Irish Cream to top it off. The Baileys curdled and made the 'cocktail' look like a bottle of vomit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Gin and a dash of cordial is actually my favourite drink :pac: its not disgusting at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

Peasant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

Sláinte

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Pimms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Bit early to be on the gin. Do you not wait till after 7 in your house?

There is nothing you can mix with gin that makes it drinkable when you're out of tonic sadly. I've even tried water in desperation (utterly disgusting).

Irish Mist is the one that gives me the shudders. Drank a bottle as a young one, can't even walk down the same supermarket aisle as it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Any liqueur. Only good for baking, no matter how tempting that sticky bottle at the back of the press is when all the proper drink has run out at silly o'clock in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

There's still an odd bottle of the wash from the local alcohol factory running about here that were 'found' by the employees after it closed.

Never drunk more than a bottle capful though.

Deadly stuff.

Literally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

You mean Smithwicks?

:D

Where'd you get that though?

I drank it straight from a stallion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

And it's quite frankly disgusting..

So what's the worst alcoholic beverage you've ever had?

Did you concoct this yourself? Why would you ever drink gin with anything but tonic? :eek::confused:

For me it has to be Guinness. It's like the devils diarrhoea strained through dirty socks… fecks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

A long time ago I had a taste for Blackthorn cider with a cherry brandy "depth charge".

Ah sure it was there like..

Wossack wrote: »
    Peasant

You drank a peasant? Why? Do you strain them to get rid of the bones?

That mix I made from my parents alcohol cabinet when I was 15. Paddy's Whiskey, Hennessy Cognac, Cork Dry Gin and Smirnoff Vodka with Baileys Irish Cream to top it off. The Baileys curdled and made the 'cocktail' look like a bottle of vomit.

Just remembering some the.. shall we say, unsavoury, concoctions I had as a young 'un..

You may have me there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Guinness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Vodka mixed with sparkling water.

Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

OP, how dare you do such a despicable thing to gin? I am very partial to a gin and slimline tonic, fever tree tonic is the best I've had with gin almost no taste so you get the full flavour of the gin, expensive but a nice treat. The worst would be tequila, so I'd have to make it a slammer and knock it down fast. Although I haven't bothered with it since the 90's:D

Gin and a dash of cordial is actually my favourite drink :pac: its not disgusting at all!

You are the heart of darkness...
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    A long time ago I had a taste for Blackthorn cider with a cherry brandy "depth charge".

As are you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There is nothing you can mix with gin that makes it drinkable when you're out of tonic sadly. I've even tried water in desperation (utterly disgusting).

Irish Mist is the one that gives me the shudders. Drank a bottle as a young one, can't even walk down the same supermarket aisle as it now.

Bitter lemon isn't too bad with gin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Brien

You have never tried Gin with pineapple juice :D

My worst was tequila with tabasco sauce:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Can't even say as I'd turn everybody's stomachs & I'd be ostracized from AH !

Can't even say as I'd turn everybody's stomachs & I'd be ostracized from AH !

Totally intrigued now!

You are the heart of darkness...

As are you.

You can never have a bad night on gin, FACT

• Advertisement

Except for the ones where you sit on the stairs at a party crying mascara down your face after seeing someone you fancied for ages shifting the face off your best friend in the sitting room, obviously.*

*from anthropological research only :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Any craft beer I have ever tasted, vile stuff.

Muise... wrote: »
    Except for the ones where you sit on the stairs at a party crying mascara down your face after seeing someone you fancied for ages shifting the face off your best friend in the sitting room, obviously.*

Aw...

Friends like these eh? :rolleyes:

wazky wrote: »
    Any craft beer I have ever tasted, vile stuff.

I have only rarely had a nice tasting craft beer and yet this statement is met with an awful lot of hostility from those 'in the know'..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

I have only rarely had a nice tasting craft beer and yet this statement is met with an awful lot of hostility from those 'in the know'..

To some people a 'real' beer has to made under the criteria such as, brewed by nuns, when the moon is full and is called some obscure name such as the Goats Testicle or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

But the mornings after are bleedin' shockin'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Half a boiling hot tent heated 2 litre of old English cider that had sand in it. great days

Aw...

Friends like these eh? :rolleyes:

They're what gin was made for.

Well - gin, The Cowboy Junkies and cigarettes.

Now you tell me! ;)

Muise... wrote: »

I cant say that has ever happened to me on any sort of drink let alone gin :pac:

It doesnt give me hangovers! and I'm now at the age where hangovers are meant to be getting worse not better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Poitín that had bits of unidentified stuff floating it in. It was beyond disgusting and nothing masked the taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

When I was 16 I made a drink with a brilliant name and a terrible taste...... Paddy Powerade :) worst drink going

Rasheed wrote: »
    Poitín that had bits of unidentified stuff floating it in. It was beyond disgusting and nothing masked the taste.

Poitin is the worst liquid known to man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

That Belgian piss Leffe. Tasted like soapy dish water

/awaits the beer snobs

That Belgian piss Leffe. Tasted like soapy dish water

/awaits the beer snobs

Have you had Kwak? Mmmm, now that's some Belgium beer worth drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Poitin is the worst liquid known to man!

Oh stop Jonny it's shocking. I was young and trying to impress a lad and drank as much of the petrol that I could. I was never do sick in my life. It's toxic.

Used to work in a nursing home while I was training and one lady had bad arthritis in her knees. She had a concoction of olive oil and poitín that we'd have to rub in after her shower that would apparently relieve the pain. I could never handle the smell. Rotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

It doesnt give me hangovers! and I'm now at the age where hangovers are meant to be getting worse not better!

Not hangovers, just the feeling of complete doom, absolute soul crushing doom.

Rasheed wrote: »
    Oh stop Jonny it's shocking. I was young and trying to impress a lad and drank as much of the petrol that I could. I was never do sick in my life. It's toxic.

Used to work in a nursing home while I was training and one lady had bad arthritis in her knees. She had a concoction of olive oil and poitín that we'd have to rub in after her shower that would apparently relieve the pain. I could never handle the smell. Rotten

I drank 3/4 of a 7up bottle of it when I was a young fella and it's still the only time i've ever puked on the morning after from boozing!

It's the debbil!! ;)

Not hangovers, just the feeling of complete doom, absolute soul crushing doom.

I get that even without gin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Gin makes fat girls cry........Fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

mad muffin wrote: »
    You drank a peasant? Why? Do you strain them to get rid of the bones?

Let just say, while you're not gonna see it on youtube, yes it does blend

• Advertisement
Advertisement