Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Im drinking gin and Robinsons Summer Fruit cordial..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

mad muffin wrote: »
    Have you had Kwak? Mmmm, now that's some Belgium beer worth drinking.

kwak ain't bad,the glasses are pretty cool too,worst thing I've ever drank was Chinese apple brandy,sweet mother of god.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Chartreuse. Vile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

A pickleback. A drink that is 'apparently' popular in America. Had it in San Francisco. Consists of knocking back a shot of pickle juice and then a shot of Jameson.

It's basically like sucking on a gherkin and then downing a shot of Jameson. It's what i would imagine condensed ballbag sweat would taste like.

Fcuking rancid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

McDonalds chocolate milkshake with a good amount of vodka poured into it. gross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

Archeron wrote: »
    McDonalds chocolate milkshake with a good amount of vodka poured into it. gross.

I think i just threw up a little in my mouth thinking about that! ;)

Strawberry would be even worse though!

Archeron wrote: »

Theres fancy restaurants that basically serve the same in a Martini glass,set it alight,and charge a fkn fortune for it! id probably give that a try to be honest....

Theres fancy restaurants that basically serve the same in a Martini glass,set it alight,and charge a fkn fortune for it! id probably give that a try to be honest....

Ah but does it come in strawberry? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

And it's quite frankly disgusting..

So what's the worst alcoholic beverage you've ever had?

Shots of galliano mixed with some godawful rasberry liquor. Either alone might have been tolerable but together. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

Buck fast. Bleugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

remember Carlsberg Special? Woeful stuff! It was a 9% lager. It was popularly known as "Cargo".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Kopacki beer. I got a 4 pack once to try it as it was cheap as chips and I had feck all money for boozing.
    Drank half a can and my stomach nearly disintergrated. Absolute muck. Same goes for Tesco Brand Cider. It's something like 69c for a can and it is absolute gut rot- makes Dutch Gold taste like the necter of the gods. And Dutch Gold is fecking woeful!

poppyvally wrote: »
    remember Carlsberg Special? Woeful stuff! It was a 9% lager. It was popularly known as "Cargo".

Was as bad as Tennents 'Super Lager'. The old purple tin that irvine welsh wrote about.

<shudders>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Gin & Juice? Word.

PS: to answer the OP's question, I would need to go back to Denmark and find some Gammel Dansk (translation: Old Danish). They call it "bitters", and they're not kidding. :eek:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Drank a half bottle of London gin once,was sick for days after it,even now if I smell it it brings back the time and place in my mind, aaag.

bnt wrote: »
    Gin & Juice? Word.

PS: to answer the OP's question, I would need to go back to Denmark and find some Gammel Dansk (translation: Old Danish). They call it "bitters", and they're not kidding. :eek:

Perhaps with some sugar, bourbon and a twist of lemon it would be nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Brien wrote: »
    You have never tried Gin with pineapple juice :D

My worst was tequila with tabasco sauce:(

Pineapple juice you say? I can see how that would work actually...

Mmmm, gin.

I have discovered tonic with added lime in tesco recently. Genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Oooh Southern Comfort.. gives me shivers even to type the name. Got v sick on it when I was 16/17 & cant look at it now. Even the smell makes my stomach heave..

Rasheed wrote: »
    Used to work in a nursing home while I was training and one lady had bad arthritis in her knees. She had a concoction of olive oil and poitín that we'd have to rub in after her shower that would apparently relieve the pain. I could never handle the smell. Rotten

My old aunty swore by rubbing on the poitin. At least she said she was only rubbing it on. It's hard enough to get when you go looking for it!

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Oooh Southern Comfort.. gives me shivers even to type the name. Got v sick on it when I was 16/17 & cant look at it now. Even the smell makes my stomach heave..

Ha ha! If I swore off every drink I've ever threw up on i'd be teetotal by now! ;)

Rasheed wrote: »
    Used to work in a nursing home while I was training and one lady had bad arthritis in her knees. She had a concoction of olive oil and poitín that we'd have to rub in after her shower that would apparently relieve the pain. I could never handle the smell. Rotten

My old aunty swore by rubbing on the poitin. At least she said she was only rubbing it on. It's hard enough to get when you go looking for it!

• Advertisement

A word to the wise, ask farmers and priests out west.. they know the score alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Wine. Can't drink it, would sooner drink rum straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Resonator75

Vietnamese Snake Wine. Still have nightmares.

Its rude to refuse it and your always offered it by guesthouses. Drank a lot of it and it makes me queasy to think of it.

Endangered species mostly too, bad karma:(

Buck fast. Bleugh

buckfast has its own charms to be fair,I've drank worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

I tried a glass of a Beer called "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" in the brew dock a few months back. Its a 27% beer. I was awful, like a mix of Buck-fast and Boveral!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

A pickleback. A drink that is 'apparently' popular in America. Had it in San Francisco. Consists of knocking back a shot of pickle juice and then a shot of Jameson.

It's basically like sucking on a gherkin and then downing a shot of Jameson. It's what i would imagine condensed ballbag sweat would taste like.

Fcuking rancid.

LMAO...you did it backwards. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickleback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Was down the country in my sister-in-law's home town when she asked for a baby-guiness in a small pub.

Barman hadn't a clue so she explained it was tia maria with bailey's on top.

The Barman gave her a pint of guiness with a shot of tia maria and a shot of baileys thrown in...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Soldado wrote: »
    Robinsons Summer Fruit juice is utter muck. Especially the double concentrated kind. Picked it up as it was only 2 quid on special offer, and never ever have I regretted a decision so much in my life.

This. Could be the Robinsons more than the gin ;)

In my case I might have to say Buckfast. Or Sake! Yuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Tactical Nuclear Penguin..... it tastes like fermentation....

Dishonorable mention goes to Wray & Nephew Overproof rum. 63% of disgusting. I've drank Everclear and 151, neither tasted even close to as bad as the W&N.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 paulmazz4

eviltwin wrote: »
    Pimms

Made in Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Gin & Bovril
    Went to a match years ago and the kiosk had ran out of orange so I had to settle for what they had left which was hot bovril. I can remember the taste after all these years absolutely horrible.

Ankhyu wrote: »
    This. Could be the Robinsons more than the gin ;)

In my case I might have to say Buckfast. Or Sake! Yuck.

I have been known to quaff a snifter of Buckfast from time to time but it wouldn't be an every day drink now! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Cheap gin with apple juice. I'm not sure which was worse, the taste or the emotional apocalypse that followed.

Dishonourable mention for tequila too; it's absolutely vile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Dishonourable mention for tequila too; it's absolutely vile.

That's because most of the muck served is only 51% Agave. Leaving 49% open for the cheapest roughest grain alcohol to be added. This is why shooting vile tequila like Jose Cuervo makes you sick. Shots of 100% Agave brands will not have you heaving.

The more you know...

Gin & Bovril
    Went to a match years ago and the kiosk had ran out of orange so I had to settle for what they had left which was hot bovril. I can remember the taste after all these years absolutely horrible.

That's the mankiest thing I've ever heard..

Ugh, the thoughts of it coming back up if you got sick!

Reminds me of possibly my worst throwing up..

A bottle of peppermint bols liqueur it was..

Bright green gushing in a great fountain out of me, it was truly disgusting..

Though did leave a minty fresh aftertaste in nose and mouth! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

MadsL wrote: »
    That's because most of the muck served is only 51% Agave. Leaving 49% open for the cheapest roughest grain alcohol to be added. This is why shooting vile tequila like Jose Cuervo makes you sick. Shots of 100% Agave brands will not have you heaving.

The more you know...

Aaaah I see! It puzzles me that people willingly pay money for it on a night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭blackwhite

http://www.foodbeast.com/2013/12/03/baby-mice-wine-strange-to-some-delicacy-to-others/

There's a pub in north county Sligo that has a bottle of this kept under the bar.

Revolting smell and taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Me and another lad did 2 bottles of it one night years ago, I literally couldnt walk afterwards

Dishonorable mention goes to Wray & Nephew Overproof rum. 63% of disgusting. I've drank Everclear and 151, neither tasted even close to as bad as the W&N.

f**kin poetry! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I've had the W&N over proof. At least I think it was. The bottle was from Jamacia and had no alcohol percentage printed on it. It was mixed with coke so it went down easy enough. Banging hangover though.

The worst thing I've drunk was Unicum from Hungary. Tastes like pot pourri soaked in soap. Vile stuff altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Gin & Bovril

:eek: ...just :eek: ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Coffee and gin.

Advertisement