Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert used books

• 10-06-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

What do you all do with your books now that you are finished with them my daughter just asked me what should she do with them any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

Burn them and get rid of all the horrible memories attached to them.....

Or go to the recycling centre, usually they'll take them and sell them on at a few euro. Thing is the publishers constantly bring out 'new' versions of books to prevent re-use and up their profits, so a lot of books become useless fast

Or else just find somebody you know going into fifth year and see if they need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 you only live once

I personally burnt mine also, however having ended up needing to repeat this was not the best idea...
    most of them go out of date some can be resold, don't get your hopes up there they are pretty lousy with the second hand prices in most places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I'm keeping mine until the CAO offers. I've told myself I won't repeat but you'd never know :rolleyes: After that I'll probably burn them... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sell them on adverts.ie.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Keep them until CAO offers and then sell them if she's sure that she's not repeating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LmnadZ

Burn them and get rid of all the horrible memories attached to them.....

Or go to the recycling centre, usually they'll take them and sell them on at a few euro. Thing is the publishers constantly bring out 'new' versions of books to prevent re-use and up their profits, so a lot of books become useless fast

Or else just find somebody you know going into fifth year and see if they need them.

Lol,if I burn my books the people from my old schools would come after me.I borrowed their books for this year when I moved school and the books are part of the book rental scheme :p.They won't remember me anyways hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Sell them online is one option. I see recently that second hand bookshops have started to appear around the place, so you could try them. Some schools sell second hand books, although this is tending to be replaced by the book rental scheme. Finally you could sell them to someone you know that's starting 5th year in September - that is if the book is still being used. There are plenty of options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

1. Cut each page into four pieces and use as toilet paper.
    2. Use as wallpaper in your house
    3. Leave them aside for years and sell as antiques to future generations.

The world is your oyster. :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

LmnadZ wrote: »
    Lol,if I burn my books the people from my old schools would come after me.I borrowed their books for this year when I moved school and the books are part of the book rental scheme :p.They won't remember me anyways hehe

Why not give them back then, so someone else can use them?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LmnadZ

spurious wrote: »
    Why not give them back then, so someone else can use them?

No problem with that my dad would return it after the exams.I'm just kidding and i would never burn a book of some sort I think it's wrong.I would recycle it if I can :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 mec1

Our school has a box and you leave books there which can be given out to other students next year, either sold for a small sum of money or given free. The Student Council operates the scheme and it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Caolan

Looking for Leaving Cert Maths books (Higher Level)

Anyone selling PM me. I am based in South Dublin.

I think the popular one is Active Maths 4 (book 1 & 2) -

Thanks

adverts.ie for buying and selling. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement