Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Anyone interested in a 20mm Di-Modell Rallye strap?

Perfect strap for an Omega Speedmaster.

I paid €30 for it + extra for shipping and only wore it 4 or 5 times, it's curved from sitting in watchbox when watch was not been worn. Selling because I no longer have any 20mm watches.

Strap length is 115mm x 80mm.

100m waterproof

Will let it go to a boardsie for €15 + postage.

20150808_040634_zps5u0ygo6m.jpg

20150808_040650_zpsdhjuytha.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Hi there

If no one takes it in the meantime, I would be interested in sticking it on my Heuer Carrera, I'm saving the original strap and signed buckle.
    However the watch isn't with me, I won't be able to measure the lugs until Saturday. Unless someone here knows off hand the lug width on a carrera..

Basically, if it fits, and it isn't sold by then, Ill buy it. I'm based in Dublin city centre or D4, could meet you somewhere or whatever suited..

TedR wrote: »
    Hi there

If no one takes it in the meantime, I would be interested in sticking it on my Heuer Carrera, I'm saving the original strap and signed buckle.
    However the watch isn't with me, I won't be able to measure the lugs until Saturday. Unless someone here knows off hand the lug width on a carrera..

Basically, if it fits, and it isn't sold by then, Ill buy it. I'm based in Dublin city centre or D4, could meet you somewhere or whatever suited..

No problem Ted.

These are a really nice strap and good quality, beats paying Tag money for one of their rally straps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

very comfy that particular model di modell had it more than once myself

Great Ill message you on Saturday either way. it would look great on the Carrera, fingers crossed on the width. Thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

HDMI wrote: »
    Anyone interested in a 20mm Di-Modell Rallye strap?

Perfect strap for an Omega Speedmaster.

I paid €30 for it + extra for shipping and only wore it 4 or 5 times, it's curved from sitting in watchbox when watch was not been worn. Selling because I no longer have any 20mm watches.

Strap length is 115mm x 80mm.

100m waterproof

Will let it go to a boardsie for €15 + postage.

20150808_040634_zps5u0ygo6m.jpg

20150808_040650_zpsdhjuytha.jpg

Hi HDMI,

If you feel obliged to accept Ted's offer then no worries. If not I'll take it for asking now. I'm going to go rogue and put it on my seamaster instead of a speedy as I'm after a black leather for mine.

Cheers

Sparrowcar.

Hi lads
    I did a spot of digging on the net, it appears the H Carrera is 18mm lug width, so I guess it won't work there. ( always assuming my research is correct, )
    I do have other watches with the magic 20mm though, so I would still be interested.
    Tell you what so, I'll leave it with you guys, if Sparrowcar doesn't work out Ill still deffo take it, hows that
    cheers all

Actually has anyone ever 'jammed' a 20mm strap into an 18mm space?
    Is the idea of trimming a bit off each side just silly?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

2mm is too much, 1mm you can fit a bigger strap but not 2mm

feck it :-)

• Advertisement

Some straps can handle being notched but I don't think it would look too good with this strap.

I don't want to cause any fuss over who buys the strap, just glad that it is going to one of you guys. Ted you showed first interest so if you want it it's yours, just send me on a pm and we can exchange details.

HDMI wrote: »
    Some straps can handle being notched but I don't think it would look too good with this strap.

I don't want to cause any fuss over who buys the strap, just glad that it is going to one of you guys. Ted you showed first interest so if you want it it's yours, just send me on a pm and we can exchange details.

Sounds fair enough to me. If it doesn't go through with Ted I'll PayPal the money over to you or arrange pick up whichever suits.

Ok, thanks all
    Ill PM you HDMI.

Ok, thanks all
    Ill PM you HDMI.

If it doesn't work out Ted give me a shout and I'll take it off your hands.

I will indeed.

A word for Mr HDMI, a gentleman, we met up in city centre on Saturday, transaction all very easy, and nice to have a chat with another watch boardsie in person
    Oh, and if its not too far off topic... Up The Dubs!! :-)

A word for Mr HDMI, a gentleman, we met up in city centre on Saturday, transaction all very easy, and nice to have a chat with another watch boardsie in person
    Oh, and if its not too far off topic... Up The Dubs!! :-)

.... Slinks off to buy a strap somewhere online :-(

:-)

sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Anyone interested in a Seiko SNK803 beige?

Moving on one or 2 watches that aren't getting the wrist time they deserve. I think I still have the original canvas strap that came with it (which to be honest I didn't like)
    Its on a leather strap at the moment. Need to check it when I get home. Think I bought 2 straps for this (tan & dark brown). Will see what I have and I can post pics.

Would €50 be reasonable enough asking price?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Here's some wrist shots of the watch on the 3 different straps

Watch is being sold with the original canvas but also the potential buyer can have either the tan or dark brown strap aswell.

All for €50, please PM me if interested

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Here's some wrist shots of the watch on the 3 different straps

Watch is being sold with the original canvas but also the potential buyer can have either the tan or dark brown strap aswell.

All for €50, please PM me if interested

Thanks

If only I had a spare €50, I'd be all over that like a rash. Looks cracking on the tan strap. GLWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Looking for a Steinhart Ocean 44 or Steinhart Ocean 1 Green, if anyone is looking to move theirs on...

edit: sorted

edit: sold

Any interest in this for 160?

It's a Deep Blue Sea Ram quartz - think it's about 44mm in size and it's in good condition. It's a nice watch that feels pretty well built.

Comes in a carry case with a rubber strap, the leather one it's one in the picture, and I think I've nylon black strap for it too.

18053851756_8bea6ed05b_b.jpg

16533588804_6a46c5a9e2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Eoin wrote: »
    Looking for a Steinhart Ocean 44 or Steinhart Ocean 1 Green, if anyone is looking to move theirs on...

Ocean one green is available for 380 notes on the Steinhart site

You probably won't find a second hand one any cheaper as they tend to hold their value extremely well.

Thanks - might just buy new; though I'm also very tempted by the premium blue and titanium divers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi Folks

Up for sale or Trade is my Tudor Gran Tour

Cracking watch, comes with everything including original receipt

Took it as a trade for my Sinn, I have never worn this watch and only opened the box to take the photos

Cash sale 1900

Trades, looking for a Speedmaster Moon, IWC or Panerai

Have some cash to add for right watch

Any questions PM me.

DT

2015-10-13%2018.26.18_zpsjvhypqwg.jpg
    2015-10-13%2018.24.51_zpsuvffpfyt.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi

For sale is my AutoDromo Prototipo

Its silver dial, in great condition

Comes with box and cards, and an additional 3 straps, a lovely NATO, Isofrane 20mm (used, no box and non OEM buckle) and additional Autodromo Black strap.

Only 3 months old

Selling to buy a grail watch..

Boardies deal available

http://www.adverts.ie/sports/autodromo-prototipo/9091355?notification=88d242ffd6c0744968c05af762dd56dd-1445170503

2015-10-18%2009.55.38_zps1a4rslaw.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Selling my Citizen Automatic.
    Only a few months old but not getting the wrist time to justify an Automatic.
    Case and papers!

http://www.adverts.ie/sports/citizen-automatic-mens-watch/9100061

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Looking for something classic, dress watch, must have date function but can't have day function. Only 22 and just starting to get into watches so first decent purchase. Suit and tie job so would be a daily wear, could go as far as €1,500 for the right piece, failing that I'm gonna buy an automatic Tissot, Frederique Constant, Longines etc new.

Also open to any general advice about buying etc.

Advertisement