Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

If anyone is interested i am selling this on. plastics still on the watch and fully boxed PM for details retail €280 - sell for €250

jord%2Bwatch%2B3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Selling my 46mm Breitling Navitimer World

http://www.adverts.ie/casual/breitling-navitimer-world/9451796

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

This is tentative....and aint on adverts.ie yet

Possible sale of my Speedmaster Moon 3570.50 unless you have a Panerai for trade

Its 1 year old...bought from big retailer in London, you all know about this watch, so not much else to say

Reckoning around €3250 (not sure if thats ok or not but feel it is)

IMG_0939_zpsrnx5d637.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

This is tentative....and aint on adverts.ie yet

Possible sale of my Speedmaster Moon 3570.50 unless you have a Panerai for trade

Its 1 year old...bought from big retailer in London, you all know about this watch, so not much else to say

Reckoning around €3250 (not sure if thats ok or not but feel it is)

Hmmmm........I take it you have the box, paperwork etc?

Jawgap wrote: »
    Hmmmm........I take it you have the box, paperwork etc?

absolutely, cards, box, inner and outer and also shops 1 year guarantee and invoice in addition to the remainder of the omega one

Plenty of feedback on TZ and indeed from the folks on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

They say (whoever they are) that all watch enthusiasts should at some stage own a speedy. Now is just not my time.
    GLWS.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    They say (whoever they are) that all watch enthusiasts should at some stage own a speedy. Now is just not my time.
    GLWS.

indeed...

But...I just dont know any more...

think I am getting to the ...just give me something to tell the time stage..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

True SC and I have, way back in the day, so am beyond temptation. Get the behind me satan Deep Thought. :D But yea GLWS Sir. One of your watches is gonna be a good one as a given.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Available: A cheap n' cheerful aid for finding your time, and compass bearings at night, if sub-100m underwater:
    Scratch free and new divers strap, box. It just needs a new battery, and didn't fancy opening it up as they're usually sealed backs.
    Would swap for something with a quick set alarm (via dial not digital).

lorus.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I'm just glad you didn't post it up tomorrow when I've a few beers on board :D

Sorely tempted.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

bogmanfan wrote:
    Selling my 46mm Breitling Navitimer World

How old is the watch? Is it just the leather strap included? Does it have any issues?

Cheers

Dan

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

indeed...

But...I just dont know any more...

think I am getting to the ...just give me something to tell the time stage..
    Funny you say that DT and as an aside… :o *bans self* I was always into the early quartz stuff and really got into them when the vintage ticking stuff I liked went mad money time(for me), but these days though I do wear my mechanicals, it's nearly always as a "special occasion", for everyday use I usually throw on one of the 40 odd year old battery jobs.

I was kinda always like this looking back. I've never kept a mechanical with date for very long, ditto for automatics. The time only hand crankers were and are my speed. A few seconds to set and wind in the morning and away you go.

I suppose another aspect of this is that I have soooo many watches. Like 20 plus. Y'know; nutter. :o:). If I had just one watch it would likely be an auto with date, either a Rolex Sub if I had the cash(though the Mercedes hands would be swapped out as they make my teeth itch) or a Seiko Diver of some description. Funny enough part Deux, the Omega Speedy would probably be the third choice if I wanted the extra "apps". See I can get back on topic. *unbans self* :pac:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Funny you say that DT and as an aside… :o *bans self* I was always into the early quartz stuff and really got into them when the vintage ticking stuff I liked went mad money time(for me), but these days though I do wear my mechanicals, it's nearly always as a "special occasion", for everyday use I usually throw on one of the 40 odd year old battery jobs.

I was kinda always like this looking back. I've never kept a mechanical with date for very long, ditto for automatics. The time only hand crankers were and are my speed. A few seconds to set and wind in the morning and away you go.

I suppose another aspect of this is that I have soooo many watches. Like 20 plus. Y'know; nutter. :o:). If I had just one watch it would likely be an auto with date, either a Rolex Sub if I had the cash(though the Mercedes hands would be swapped out as they make my teeth itch) or a Seiko Diver of some description. Funny enough part Deux, the Omega Speedy would probably be the third choice if I wanted the extra "apps". See I can get back on topic. *unbans self* :pac:

I have had so many top notch watches, but am afraid to wear them sometimes and often cannot justify to myself having a 4K watch that I wear a few dozen times...

Find my self wearing my Suunto more often, am really looking a those new Laco..not expensive but good and no fear of doing it harm...ya know what i mean ??

simdan wrote: »
    How old is the watch? Is it just the leather strap included? Does it have any issues?

Cheers

Dan

It's from 2008. Belonged to the manager of Paul Sheerans. Comes with both leather straps - brown and black. No issues whatsoever, it's running like a dream. Full set also with all boxes and papers.

Should have also said, a deal available for boards members ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I don't know how many times I've tried to buy a Speedy Pro - tried in the sense want/don't want/want/don't want etc!

My want side tells me it would be grand and legible (without reading glasses) at football matches......My don't want side says my Zenith EP is perfectly readable or my old quartz TAG Heuer F1 with 60/60 hands also..and I have a Speedy Pro X33....

Such turmoil!

Seven Worlds will Collide

after watching Apollo 13 again...

its a damn fine watch

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

DT, it's more than a fine watch - it's a great watch. Keep it and wear it. If it gets dinged that can be fixed. Don't worry.

DT, it's more than a fine watch - it's a great watch. Keep it and wear it. If it gets dinged that can be fixed. Don't worry.

I think you are right....

Even the missus likes it...

Have you tried on on a strap yet. It's like a totally different watch. I just ordered a new Di-Modell Saddle Dakar for mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I've got some interest on one of my watches and it may or may not go to sale agreed, however, whats peoples best way to selling your watch?

I'd be wary of meeting someone in a public place in case its a scam. Also how do you take payment? Cash only? Where is the best place to meet and do the deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I've got some interest on one of my watches and it may or may not go to sale agreed, however, whats peoples best way to selling your watch?

I'd be wary of meeting someone in a public place in case its a scam. Also how do you take payment? Cash only? Where is the best place to meet and do the deal?
    I buy watches and get bored quick so sell them on
    I usually accept PayPal and that works great, buyer and seller are protected
    I occasionally meet up with people for cash, usually take someone with me just in case, but everyone I've met has been very nice
    There is a service station near me with cctv which is handy but that's just me being over cautious

Where are you selling be watch ?
    Adverts and eBay are good because of the feedback system
    There are scammers on eBay though I had one recently that wanted he watch sent to an army base in Iraq
    That wasn't happening lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Where are you selling be watch ?
    Adverts and eBay are good because of the feedback system
    There are scammers on eBay though I had one recently that wanted he watch sent to an army base in Iraq
    That wasn't happening lol

selling on adverts...

interested party has been a member a year with only 3 feedbacks, 2 positive, one negative

if you were going down the paypal route, how would this work?

I'm sure the prospective buyer isn't going to pay until seen.

selling on adverts...

interested party has been a member a year with only 3 feedbacks, 2 positive, one negative

I used advert's twice and never again. First time got tired of the low ball offers and comments so withdrew the watch and gave it to my eldest son. Second time agreed to a sale but the buyer never turned up. I have sold two watches through this forum in the past though and the experience was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

selling on adverts...

I have sold over 40 watches using PayPal
    They send you the payment and you post the watch that's it, PayPal take 3.5% of the total so factor this in when making your deal
    Adverts is normally very good
    If you are meeting someone make sure you don't travel and then you won't lose anything if they don't turn up

Something I've wanted for ages has come up at a good price, so looking to raise some funds. I have a mint IWC Aquatimer Chrono Galapagos Edition. Under warranty until next month. All boxes and papers. I paid €5k last month, but would let it go for €4750 if anyone's interested. Will withdraw if the one I'm chasing sells in the meantime.
    Here's a stock image. Will take pics of mine tomorrow.

iwc-aquatimer-chronograph-edition-galapagos-islands-watch-1.jpg

IWC pics

23177034434_976ce351cc_o.jpgIMG_1255 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

23437220429_83621b9f89_o.jpgIMG_1256 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

23805171125_5eb460f6f7_o.jpgIMG_1257 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

23437219989_58c93413f5_o.jpgIMG_1258 by Bogmanfan, on Flickr

bogmanfan wrote: »
    IWC pics

Yummy...if someone would buy my Speedmaster...

Speaking of which...slight redux...3200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

bogmanfan wrote: »
    IWC pics

I was in Basel (again!) during the week and saw one of these in real life, on a wrist of someone I was out with.
    The pictures do not do it justice. A fantastic watch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

Selling my Squale 50 Atmos on Adverts.ie (can't post link, sorry) Price €500.00

24237027315_ea26c96b5f_c.jpg

23610204083_256fe722e4_c.jpg

"Squale 1521, 50 Atmos Diver's Watch in "Blasted" case finish. Looks matte in the photo's but is a fine satin sheen finish in real life. ETA 2824-2 automatic movement which is keeping incredible time for me. 500m Water resistance. Sapphire crystal. Squale branded rubber strap. 41mm Bezel, 48mm lug to lug, 12.5mm high. Case wears great on a number of wrist sizes, mine is small and the fit is great. This watch is in fantastic condition, it's only 4 months old, warranty card dated 3rd Sep. 2015. Boxed, tagged, original back & crystal plastic protectors, etc. Only selling to make some room."

Advertisement