Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

http://www.adverts.ie/sports/squale-1521-50-atmos-diver-s-watch/9586791

Here you go, that's a generous price, any bezel issues?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

blue5000 - Thanks a mil for posting that link for me - not enough posts here to do so.

No issues with the bezel, there's a small misalignment at 12 o 'clock when it's hard against it's detent but you can just wiggle it slightly and she's in line. It's the newer bezel design on this watch which is held on with 4 small screws on the periphery of the bezel against an inner ring - same design as an OWC I used to own and Sinn use as far as I'm aware, among some others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

The above Squale watch is now sold. Many thanks to the buyer, to blue5000 for helping me with the ad link and to all who showed interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Looking to buy a Seiko Jubilee bracelet for an SKX diver if someone has one knocking about that they are not using just send a pm and let me know your price. I can pick one up from eBay fairly cheap but I figured I would see if someone here is looking to part with theirs.

Must be full length.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I am sure a lot were waiting to see how long this took me !!!

My Laco..

http://www.adverts.ie/casual/laco-spirit-of-st-louis/9666317
    2016-01-19%2019.18.44_zpsoyghbt7e.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Menas wrote: »

unbreakable mainspring, you say?

If I manage to break it will I get my money back :D

GLWS

No Love for the poor Laco :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

It's a beauty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

No Love for the poor Laco :o

I really like your Laco and did think of buying it but it is just quite dear, relatively speaking (eg say comparing to the Casablanca model); i.e. not your asking price I mean, but the actual original price just seems a bit dear and puts you at a disadvantage now looking to move it on. It is very nice looking though so hopefully that will swing it for you.

mmmm..

but when you consider My Laco is €498 new ? and at my price 0f 400, its €48 more than the Casablanca, but a boardies deal could knock a few more quid off..

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

With the recent Speedy arrival I've decided to move my Seamaster on and start the saving towards the next grail. Sad to see this one go as it was my first Omega and won't be my last. I watched Spectre last night which didn't help.

Omega Seamaster 300M 2264.50 quartz.
    Details in adverts ad. Obviously a deal to be had for any regular boardsie's :D

http://www.adverts.ie/sports/omega-seamaster-300m/9762764

DSC01592.jpg
    image upload no compression

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

My Quondam Diver up for sale

This is a Davosa Argonautic clone with Swiss ETA 2824-2 movement, keeping excellent time

quondam4.jpg

quondam3.jpg

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That Seamaster is a wonderful watch, sparrowcar. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Agreed, and more than a fair price too, I don't blame you on the offers, I wouldn't be considering anything in 3 figures either

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcb1986

Any love on this thread for Glycine Combat subs or Oris Aquis' if I try to flip mine if I dont like when I get them. worried ill find the Glycine too thin and the Oris too young looking (even though im only 30)

Give me a ball park figure you would pay for an Glycine Goldeneye or Oris Aquis with orange strap grey dial, both will be pristine condition (I hope).

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcb1986

Selling my Squale 50 Atmos on Adverts.ie (can't post link, sorry) Price €500.00

Nice to see a smaller brand getting some attention in Ireland (or maybe boards.ie watch enthusiasts are a lot more in the know than your average punter), nice watch, great price, I've missed out :(

I've ordered myself a Glycine combat sub, cant post pics as boards.ie wont let noobs do so, any idea how I can get this restriction removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

jcb1986 wrote: »
    Any love on this thread for Glycine Combat subs or Oris Aquis' if I try to flip mine if I dont like when I get them. worried ill find the Glycine too thin and the Oris too young looking (even though im only 30)

Give me a ball park figure you would pay for an Glycine Goldeneye or Oris Aquis with orange strap grey dial, both will be pristine condition (I hope).

Love the look of the Glycine subs, in particular the goldeneye one. Unfortunately not buying at the moment!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Nice to see a smaller brand getting some attention in Ireland (or maybe boards.ie watch enthusiasts are a lot more in the know than your average punter), nice watch, great price, I've missed out :(

I've ordered myself a Glycine combat sub, cant post pics as boards.ie wont let noobs do so, any idea how I can get this restriction removed?
    I think you've only 10 posts to go, go over to after hours for 10 minutes;) and get stuck in.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Great watches, and if you're ordering online Iguanasell are a great dealer based in Madrid. I think I got a 15% discount on mine when I ordered from them last year. Was torn between a Combat Sub and a Combat 6 and eventually went with the latter.

X5QTkuYm.jpg

Am saying good bye to a watch I restored. Its surprisingly big for a vintage at 36mm excl crown. Boardie rates as ever!

http://www.adverts.ie/vintage/vintage-swiss-made-watch-from-mid-1950s/9784529?utm_source=email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=AdCreated

IMG_5280.jpg

Trying to gather funds for something new

This is my Orient Curator

Nice watch..

looking for €160

Boardies deal available

2016-02-05%2019.01.27_zpsbcgzxiv1.jpg

2016-02-05%2019.21.26_zpshqlcdweu.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

No vintage currently in my collection... I might in touch on Monday Menas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

Trying to gather funds for something new

This is my Orient Curator

That is very pretty.
    If I hadn't just pulled the trigger on a Hamilton I'd be making offers!

Really need the Laco and Orient Gone...

Reasonable offers welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

A "for sale" with a heavy heart.

This is a Seamaster 2531.80, based in Galway. Serial begins with 6, which I believe to be around 1999/2000. It's in really very good condition. I don't wear this, as I have a 2254.50 daily - the 2531.80 is my "good" dress watch, particularly as it's in such good condition. It does need a service as it is consistently about 35 seconds per day slow. It's a Cal 1120 so most competent watchmakers can service it - I did already get a local quote for just over 100 euro to service it, and I have factored that into the price also.

I'm not great at photographing watches, so have done what I can. If you'd like a specific angle etc. I can give it a try. Had I had a sunny day I could have done a lot better I think on the photo quality. I also didn't want to use the flash much/at all.

I do have the instruction book, but can't find the warranty card (it was literally blank anyway - back then, Omega had the dealers just fill in the details in pen). The box is also missing the insert for the watch holder. To be honest, I guess I could just list it without the box, but figured the buyer might want to take it, along with the original instruction book.

I'm not interested in swaps, and I don't have this listed on adverts.ie. I can't bring myself to going through the pain of the ridiculous offers and "swap for my partially working PSOne" comments. I'd rather this went to a forum member - somehow I think this might increase my chances of getting it back one day!

It would be collection/meet only. I checked pricing (thanks to the folks here), and I think 1650 might be fair.
    Edit: for some reason, although the attachments have uploaded, it won't seem to display them on click (even via "Manage attachments" - I'll see if I can figure it out...

xm0hhu.jpg
    6oijgp.jpg
    2yo9y5s.jpg
    oqje3c.jpg
    jim00p.jpg
    Thanks,
    -fm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Since the Boards outage recently attachments are twitchy to say the least. I've not been able to get mine to work anyway. The only way I get pics to show up is if I upload them to an external hosting place like tinypix.com.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Wibbs wrote: »
    Since the Boards outage recently attachments are twitchy to say the least. I've not been able to get mine to work anyway. The only way I get pics to show up is if I upload them to an external hosting place like tinypix.com.

Thanks for the tip Wibbs - got it working with tinypix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

*** Sold to a good home***

sparrowcar wrote: »
    With the recent Speedy arrival I've decided to move my Seamaster on and start the saving towards the next grail. Sad to see this one go as it was my first Omega and won't be my last. I watched Spectre last night which didn't help.

Omega Seamaster 300M 2264.50 quartz.
    Details in adverts ad. Obviously a deal to be had for any regular boardsie's :D

http://www.adverts.ie/sports/omega-seamaster-300m/9762764

DSC01592.jpg
    image upload no compression

Advertisement