Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭893bet

Birneybau wrote: »
    €100? A washing machine? :D:D:D
    look at his comments over the last two weeks! Golden! He has tried swap the washing machine 100 times

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

893bet wrote:
    look at his comments over the last two weeks! Golden! He has tried swap the washing machine 100 times

Thats crazy!! Who wouldnt want a washing machine. Come on john think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I am still shocked that I manage to sell my Breitling on that cesspool of a site, and to a nice guy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

not just any washing machine...

"The amazing A+++ energy rating reduces the size of the carbon footprint as well as your electricity bill"

It's a steal

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭893bet

The guys response here made me lol

http://www.adverts.ie/10929331

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

It's such a random thing to be looking to swap. And who sells their used washing machine? Surely you just keep it until it breaks down?

Still I was once offered a job lot of ice grips - around 1,000 if I remember correctly - for a watch. If only I'd been planning to set up an ice grip store...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭johnthemull

Would anyone like to take this hand wound 2010 Stowa Marine Original off my hands?
    Good condition as not worn a lot. Time keeping ok last time I checked it was +15 seconds a day.
    Original box and paper included.
    Has the old logo (preferred by many).
    Comes on an aftermarket Hirsch dark blue alligator grain strap. I also have an identical unworn one in tan which I can throw in.
    These are currently selling new at nearly €1300.
    I am looking for €500,
    Regards
    John
    IMG_4755_zpsikgsvrnc.jpg
    IMG_4759_zpschwiiwl9.jpg
    IMG_4758_zpsrewvy3w3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

PM sent to @johnthemull

Hi all
    This watch is now on hold for the asking price pending a face to face with the buyer.
    Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Just listed my Devon Tread 2 on tz-uk. For anyone on here that might be interested, here is the listing reproduced:

Probably the coolest piece I've ever owned, but new business needs €€€€ so it has to go. I bought this late last year from an Italian dealer. There was a little dust under the dial (which is a common issue with these) so I sent it to Devon Works in the USA for a service back in April. Service included updating the firmware to include a new chronograph function as well as replacing the strap, and was very reasonable for anybody scared of the potential ownership costs (pic of invoice below).

This is the Nightmare Edition, so DLC coated case in a mixture of brushed and polished finishes. The numerals are light grey. Watch is in excellent condition, with one tiny hairline scratch on the claw at 6.00 (see pic 4). Otherwise immaculate. The Tread 2 has sapphire crystals front and rear, and both are unmarked. The strap it's on now is 95% having been fitted only 4 months ago. There is also a spare black strap with light grey stitching to match the watch. Strap changing tools and instructions are included.

For anyone unfamiliar with these, the watch uses rubber belts in place of hands and numbers. The belts advance every minute/hour with a subtle click. There is an option to have the minute belt run in seconds mode, which is very cool just to see it running. There is also a chronograph function, although it is limited to 12 minutes so not much use. All functions are controlled via the button and lever at 3.00.

The watch is powered by a rechargable battery. Devon quote a month between charges, but this is only if you turn the watch off at night. In my experience, 2-3 weeks is the norm without turning the watch off at night. The charging station is included, as is a travel charger which is basically a peli-case with charging dock inside. Very handy if you're going to be away for long periods of time.

In terms of size, this is much more wearable than the massive Tread 1. Official measurements are 42mm x 44mm. It probably wears a little bigger than that, but I've included a pic next to my 46mm Artya for comparison.

The watch came to me without the outer box, but with everything else - instruction manual, Devon booklet, charging dock, power cable. I added the travel charger via eBay, as well as the extra strap. All the paperwork from the recent service is included also.

This is a rare chance to grab a really cool piece of horology for a fraction of the retail price. Cheapest online is £6500. I'm asking £5000 including fully insured shipping. Any queries or pic requests, just ask.

Apologies for the dust in the pics - black watches are tough to photograph for this reason. Also, check out this video of the mechanism in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh2S3FKwjHc

28145627683_6a7a918fec_c.jpg

28476700010_14ba3a6437_c.jpg

28476699970_a783faf4a8_c.jpg

28476699930_3861f4fa54_c.jpg

28760759925_0c93e743b3_c.jpg

28476699790_1ff4e1711d_c.jpg

28476700130_d0eb1c3d1a_c.jpg

28476699720_a38c068e25_c.jpg

28476699750_cd9707421c_c.jpg

28760759795_da1d974c1d_c.jpg

28476699520_402a392f1d_c.jpg

28476699640_077d29ebbd_c.jpg

28143300164_f87de4f12d_c.jpg

28729339706_ec75c207cc_c.jpg

28476699410_9f0c5ccc89_c.jpg

• Advertisement

That is so cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Homer wrote: »
    PM sent to @johnthemull

if you are thinking of moving it on ...let me know

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

if you are thinking of moving it on ...let me know

DT

The Stowa is now sold after face to face with Homer.
    He is a great guy to deal with it.
    Many thanks to him and this forum.
    There will be more...........

Up for sale is my Damasko DA36 Aviator. S/N DA36.0287.This watch is well known for it's ruggedness and ability to withstand every day knocks. One of the best tool watches around. The case is 4 times harder than 315 steel and has a sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating, 40mm diameter and 20mm lug width.

Mine is unmarked and the glass is 100% good. Legibility is fantastic. Accuracy is (- 15 ) seconds a day on my wrist. It comes on a replacement Damasko black leather strap with white stitching, which I consider to be in good condition.

◦ Stainless steel, bead-blasted, nickel-free
    ◦ Entirely hardened, ice-hardened to 60 HRC or 710 HV
    ◦ Sealing elements of crown with permanent lubrication
    ◦ Screw-down crown, with crown protection, crown hardened along with mechanics
    ◦ Crown tube screwed into case according to the “Damasko system”
    ◦ Waterproof as per DIN 8310, pressure-resistant to 10 bar/ 100 meters

I have owned this from new and the watch comes complete as originally supplied by Timefactors, box, manual, papers.

Price is €500

[IMG][/img]IMG_4761_zpsz2vcwfsg.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_4762_zpslerylcl5.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_4764_zpskkjmgmmr.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_4765_zpszjzgtlsf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

The Stowa is now sold after face to face with Homer.
    He is a great guy to deal with it.
    Many thanks to him and this forum.

Likewise John is a gentleman and a pleasure to deal with. Delighted with the Stowa.. Pics to follow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

I have my Pan Europ Chrono up for sale over on Adverts if anyone is interested.

One of my favourite watches but unfortunately I need the cash so it must go.

Here you go:
    http://www.adverts.ie/sports/hamilton-pan-europ-chronograph/11098629

Absolutely love these watches, good luck with the sale.

Thanks, much appreciated.

I have my Steinhart Ocean One Premium Blue up on Adverts now as well if anyone is interested.

I have my Steinhart Ocean One Premium Blue up on Adverts now as well if anyone is interested.

http://www.adverts.ie/sports/steinhart-ocean-one-premium-blue/11100354

• Advertisement

Thanks again Eoin

I am withdrawing the Damasko as I have had no inquiries.
    Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭aldark

that's a pity, it was a fair price. Damasko are a fairly niche brand though - if you've enough posts, try selling it on timefactors?

aldark wrote: »
    that's a pity, it was a fair price. Damasko are a fairly niche brand though - if you've enough posts, try selling it on timefactors?

Hi Aldark
    That's exactly what I did. Got nearly the asking price. It is now re-homed in Peterborough! I popped into the North and sent it RMSD. It got there 24 hours later for less than €10. Not bad!
    Regards
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Hi Aldark
    That's exactly what I did. Got nearly the asking price. It is now re-homed in Peterborough! I popped into the North and sent it RMSD. It got there 24 hours later for less than €10. Not bad!
    Regards
    John

If it had been any other time i'd have snapped it up. It really was a fantastic price. I was quite relieved when you pulled it.

I've dropped the price of my Pan Europ considerably if anyone is interested. Price also dropped for my Steinhart.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ampjohnny

This worked well for me the last time when i picked up my (beloved) Speedmaster Reduced so i'll try it again.

WTB a vintage Seamaster de Ville / Calendar / Constellation approx 35mm preferably black dial and in decent nick.

Please let me know if anyone is thinking of selling something that meets that description

Cheers
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Looking at something I have a particular fancy for so wondering if there any interest here for my new Gerlach, just two months old and actually unworn at this point:

2zggn6b.jpg

It is on a Steinhart strap there, the original is a plain leather, but soft and very good quality - no marks at all anywhere. Full details per Gerlach's site:

Size: 43x49mm, made form brass, case back made from steel 316L.
    Crown screw down, made from brass with a steel core.
    Waterproof WR100
    Double domed sapphire glass with AR
    Sandwich dial high with pole brushed metal hour markers
    Brushed hands
    Movement: automatic Seiko/TMI NH35A
    Strap: leather with a brass buckle

http://sklep.gerlach.org.pl/index.php?route=product/category&path=82_91

Bezel is uni-directional. Buckle is signed.
    Comes with leather watch roll, watch strap tool and cloth. (Note, I'll put the original strap back on it, shown there, if sold)
    sl41lt.jpg

It is 360 euros approx new so would ask 320.

Garmin are sending me a refurbished fenix 3 with charger. It will have 3 month warranty fron Garmin. Its a replacement for my fenix2 so will come with the hrm and box,strap etc from the fenix 2. Looking for €325 to get out what the fenix 2 cost. I dont like a watch for the bike metrics. The swim metrics was my main reason for buying it but since getting more into proper sets I only use the wall clock. Will be popping it on adverts in a week or so but first refusal to boardies

• Advertisement

I have a Stowa strap on adverts if anyone is looking for one

Advertisement