Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pepperami

HDMI wrote: »
    Now on Adverts

I followed your lead and registered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

I thought it was gone Rich so I ended up with a different Steinhart.. Pics to follow in the "Post pics of your watches" thread :p

I have bought a couple of watches at this stage of Richard and you won't find a better guy to deal with. Good luck with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Homer wrote: »
    I thought it was gone Rich so I ended up with a different Steinhart.. Pics to follow in the "Post pics of your watches" thread :p

I have bought a couple of watches at this stage of Richard and you won't find a better guy to deal with. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks Justin, that's a nice Steinhart that you picked up. Mine wasn't sold I was just communicating with a couple of guys about trades or possible sale. Didn't help that I was in the pub and kinda distracted. :rolleyes:

Also thank you for the feedback, we have completed a few deals and never a problem. Its always been a pleasure to meet up and have a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Selling my IWC 3878 spitfire on tz-uk today £4,850, off to WF tomorrow, just in case anyone here is interested :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yet another impulse purchase to be flipped:

Straton Curve chrono
    ZGY4ODZlZTUxMjhjZjI3ZTZkOTFlNzBhMmQ2NjhmZDBVOdlhAvu0ylcSYJP039OJaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vZjliNjE5ZTMyOGU0MzAxMmJkMTc4MjU1ZGU1MDk3MTg2Y2JkMzk3OGJiZjMzOTVjNDJiNDUyODExZmY5YTYwZi5qcGd8fHx8fHwxNzF4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Advertisement

Steinhart is now gone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Steinhart is now gone.
    What did you swop it for?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    What did you swop it for?

It was a part trade Seiko Monster Gen 2 and cash, I will flip the Monster soon. It was a deal that suited both of us, I was never a fan of the Monster but it will be easy to move on and that's why I done the deal.

p45wjcg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

First time thinking of flipping. Never saw myself doing it, so a tentative one, with a view to putting it aside and speeding up another purchase more than anything.

Both watches bought in November - the O1G early Nov, Pan-Europ at the very end of Nov (can't recall exact dates).

I was thinking of pricing the O1G at a little less than Richard had his up for. A couple of tiny swirls on the bracelet and a few marks where the clasp meets the bracelet, but the watch is otherwise in perfect nick.

I've only worn the Pan-Europ a handful of times - so few that I only realised on Sunday that I haven't taken the plastic off the see-through caseback :pac: It's a lovely watch, but I find it a bit light and it's just not getting much wrist time, so I'm more inclined to move this on more than the O1G.

Any interest? EDIT: I'm in Dublin/North Kildare.

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm the original owner of both watches, so manufacturer warranties intact and all that.

438206.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

First time thinking of flipping. Never saw myself doing it, so a tentative one, with a view to putting it aside and speeding up another purchase more than anything.

Both watches bought in November - the O1G early Nov, Pan-Europ at the very end of Nov (can't recall exact dates).

I was thinking of pricing the O1G at a little less than Richard had his up for. A couple of tiny swirls on the bracelet and a few marks where the clasp meets the bracelet, but the watch is otherwise in perfect nick.

I've only worn the Pan-Europ a handful of times - so few that I only realised on Sunday that I haven't taken the plastic off the see-through caseback :pac: It's a lovely watch, but I find it a bit light and it's just not getting much wrist time, so I'm more inclined to move this on more than the O1G.

Any interest? EDIT: I'm in Dublin/North Kildare.

There's always interest but without an idea of what you're looking to get out of both it's hard to judge if you'd have a punt at them.

• Advertisement

sparrowcar wrote: »
    There's always interest but without an idea of what you're looking to get out of both it's hard to judge if you'd have a punt at them.

Was assuming those conversations would take place in PM, tbh.

330 for the O1G.

The PE is available in Kildare Village for around 660 and if I put it on Adverts I'd be putting it up for a bit less than that given I've barely worn it. Would be more willing to do a deal on this one for a Boardsie, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Was assuming those conversations would take place in PM, tbh.

330 for the O1G.

The PE is available in Kildare Village for around 660 and if I put it on Adverts I'd be putting it up for a bit less than that given I've barely worn it. Would be more willing to do a deal on this one for a Boardsie, though.

O1G sounds bang on for pricing.
    The Hamilton is lovely BTW.
    Good luck with sale.

Up on Adverts now. I expect this'll be torture?! :) If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears!

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/hamilton-pan-europ/14577523

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/steinhart-ocean-1-green/14577580

Price on the O1G is firm enough and, I think, fair enough. Pan-Europ is priced for Adverts, but would reiterate I'm happy to deal with Boardsies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Up on Adverts now. I expect this'll be torture?! :) If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears!

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/steinhart-ocean-1-green/14577580

Price on the O1G is firm enough and, I think, fair enough. Pan-Europ is priced for Adverts, but would reiterate I'm happy to deal with Boardsies.

You think adverts is bad, try selling cattle on dungdeal, lots of ppl phone up for therapy, don't give out your mob number unless you are very, very close to a deal, good luck. Sorry, I won't be buying as there's a steiny on it's way to me. The 39mm version is popular at the moment.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is £230 a good or bad price for the 3Rd watch on this link? The Certina DS Action Chronometer.

Love the look of it

https://www.avforums.com/threads/swiss-watches-christopher-ward-certina-jdm-seiko-cocktail-orient.2145402/

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is £230 a good or bad price for the 3Rd watch on this link? The Certina DS Action Chronometer.

Love the look of it

https://www.avforums.com/threads/swiss-watches-christopher-ward-certina-jdm-seiko-cocktail-orient.2145402/

There's one on watchuseek for £200 only a few weeks old,
    black with green touches. Around 400 euro new but $299 if your going to be in the US. I quite like it and seems decent quality for the money.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/certina-ds-action-cosc-quartz-chronometer-mint-located-eu-4603985.html

Price drop on the Hamilton - Boards price also dropped :)

Price drop on the Hamilton - Boards price also dropped :)

Unless you have to sell this is the worst time of the year to have anything listed. January-March are notoriously bad months unless your prepared to take a beating on price.

I part traded my Steinhart because it gives buyers a second way to complete the deal. Just be cafeful what you take in trade and make sure it an easy flip and it can work out. My watch was brand new and it took a part trade for it to sell, I reckon it would still be there if I hadn't.

I like the Hamilton and nearly bought the chrono version for $500 before Christmas. But there is a lot of problems with them not resetting to 12 correctly, so I gave it a miss.

Best of luck with your listings Luke.

Unless you have to sell this is the worst time of the year to have anything listed. January-March are notoriously bad months unless your prepared to take a beating on price.

I part traded my Steinhart because it gives buyers a second way to complete the deal. Just be cafeful what you take in trade and make sure it an easy flip and it can work out. My watch was brand new and it took a part trade for it to sell, I reckon it would still be there if I hadn't.

I like the Hamilton and nearly bought the chrono version for $500 before Christmas. But there is a lot of problems with them not resetting to 12 correctly, so I gave it a miss.

Best of luck with your listings Luke.

Thanks Richard, appreciate the advice. I figured it'd be a bad time alright. Will leave them up a while longer, but maybe best to retreat for a while and come back when people have money again :) . Been keeping an eye out to see if there's anything I could trade it for, but nothing's caught the eye just yet.

The more I think about it, the more I'm considering keeping the O1G and may put up the Aviation instead, but I bet when I wear that I'll want to keep it too! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

TAG Heuer Monaco chronograph up for grabs
    Anyone interested just shoot me a message

Sold

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭893bet

How much did the Monaco sell for and where?

893bet wrote: »
    How much did the Monaco sell for and where?

Dropped you a message

TAG Heuer Carrera Automatic Day Date going up for sale €1600 but a hefty discount for a fellow boardsie member
    Drop me a message for any details needed if you’re interested
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭893bet

You need to list asking price.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’d sooner keep that between myself and anyone that’s interested because it will be going on adverts I’m a few days so it will have an adverts price for the hagglers and a realistic price

When Wibbs got permission a few years ago for a sales section here there were rules put in place so we didn't fall foul of Adverts.ie.

If you sell here you have to list a price, luckily it's a fairly tight community and we don't get the chancers from adverts, maybe they don't know about us.

The way to solve your situation is to give the adverts price here but say special deal for boardies, then you cover the rules for both places. Once you move your listing to adverts you can no longer negotiate it here.

When Wibbs got permission a few years ago for a sales section here there were rules put in place so we didn't fall foul of Adverts.ie.

If you sell here you have to list a price, luckily it's a fairly tight community and we don't get the chancers from adverts, maybe they don't know about us.

The way to solve your situation is to give the adverts price here but say special deal for boardies, then you cover the rules for both places. Once you move your listing to adverts you can no longer negotiate it here.

Price added, I didn’t want the adverts hagglers to come here and then ruin the listing is all
    Cheers for the help

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Price added, I didn’t want the adverts hagglers to come here and then ruin the listing is all
    Cheers for the help

Believe me there is not a member here who wouldn't agree with your sentiment. They wouldn't be tolerated around here, we are a much tighter group.

Nice watch glws

I bought this and had it shipped to my in laws in the US. My intention was to put a blue strap on it just to have different colour option in my box. It was there for a couple if months before I arrived.

Strange thing happened while I was away for 9 weeks, I only wore a square G-shock and my Bulova lunar watch. The other 3 watches I brought with me got no wrist time and I haven't even bothered to collect my watch box from my sister's since I got back home.

So if anyone wants this for 75 before I put it in adverts for more let me know. Just the watch and tag because I left the box in the US. Can't remember the model number right now but I posted it somewhere on boards, this comes with the cool meca quartz movement. No blue strap, it comes on the standard brown Seiko croc print strap.

y0p6jfe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

Hi.

What is the diameter (without crown)?

Any reference no. on the back?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

Me again. Found the details online. Will you post to me for €75 asking as I can't meet in town any time soon? Paypal works best for me.

Thanks.
    Magilla.

Advertisement