Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Me again. Found the details online. Will you post to me for €75 asking as I can't meet in town any time soon? Paypal works best for me.

Thanks.
    Magilla.

Will send you a private message to see if we can sort something out.

Seiko chronograph now sold.

Magilla Gorilla (John) was a pleasure to deal with, great communication and no issues meeting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

Thanks HDMI. Watch was exactly as described, excellent seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Just in case anyone on here is interested. Already listed on tz-uk & WUS. Boardsie deal of €1800 available

And now for something completely different....

... A one of a kind (literally!) ArtyA 'Coup de Foudre' or Lightning Strike watch. A genuine 1/1 - there is no other one out there the same. Created by Yvan Arpa, formerly of Romain Jerome, the case and dial are created using lightning. Watch is shaped by subjecting it to massive voltages from a tesla coil which shape the steel as well as bring out amazing colours. Genuinely spectacular piece to look at. See the process here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-h8K1K9hMA

Case is 46mm. Movement is the automatic ArtyA A01 which has a 38h power reserve. Watch is running great and has been timed at +6s over 24 hours.

Strap is toadskin and works brilliantly with the steampunk design concept. Watch is water proof to 50m. This is a full set with box, instructions, stamped warranty card and signed certificate of authenticity.

I know this isn't for everyone, but it's a very cool piece and it would be very hard to find a better talking point at a meeting or party. Very few of these were made at all, and ArtyA has now moved more into super high-end territory with tourbillons and perpetual calendars and prices have increased in tandem. This is a chance to own the signature model from the brand.

39711068222_7234c8f174_o.jpg

38844330455_d892a7b505_o.jpg

27964014709_5855d39e25_o.jpg

39711068582_7162446e96_o.jpg

39711067982_e13582ce3b_o.jpg

27964014839_1c6bc4ab63_o.jpg

27964014829_03a6363fbd_o.jpg

39711067802_861d59d9be_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Omega Seamaster up for grabs €1800
    Comes with spare links omega box and authentication paperwork

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭AVFC.Stephen

Just really a question here. Hope you guys don't mind.

My father died in 2014 and left me his watch.
    It's an omega automatic seamaster.

I think the watch is from the 60s.... the strap on in looks pretty old too but I doubt it's original.

Anyways. Would anyone have a clue the price it's worth? I will try upload a pic but not sure how lol

Ty in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Just really a question here. Hope you guys don't mind.

My father died in 2014 and left me his watch.
    It's an omega automatic seamaster.

I think the watch is from the 60s.... the strap on in looks pretty old too but I doubt it's original.

Anyways. Would anyone have a clue the price it's worth? I will try upload a pic but not sure how lol

Ty in advance

Likely in the 300 range if it is an old style dress watch depending on condition and originality (dial, crown etc).
    Best bet is to get the model number from the inside of the caseback and do some searches on ebay for what similar models in similar condition have sold for. I have bought and sold about 10 seamasters from the 60s and 70s over the years, all between 200 and 450.
    But post a pic so we can admire!

Likely in the 300 range if it is an old style dress watch depending on condition and originality (dial, crown etc).
    Best bet is to get the model number from the inside of the caseback and do some searches on ebay for what similar models in similar condition have sold for. I have bought and sold about 10 seamasters from the 60s and 70s over the years, all between 200 and 450.

Seem to be having trouble posting a pic

https://imgur.com/a/b6ee5

Sorry it took me ages to figure out how to upload that lol

https://imgur.com/a/b6ee5

Sorry it took me ages to figure out how to upload that lol

You are probably looking at the lower end of the scale unfortunately. That damage to the dial looks like water damage?

But if the watch has sentimental value to you then take it in to a watch maker and get it serviced and see what he can do to polish it up and clean up the dial.
    That, an a nice brown leather strap, would make it a great looking piece.

• Advertisement

You are probably looking at the lower end of the scale unfortunately. That damage to the dial looks like water damage?

But if the watch has sentimental value to you then take it in to a watch maker and get it serviced and see what he can do to polish it up and clean up the dial.
    That, an a nice brown leather strap, would make it a great looking piece.
    Ah I wouldn't sell it tbh. As you can see it's worn.... he pretty much wore it all the time. Do you think it's from the 60s?

Also tyvm for answering. I was just curious about the whole thing

Ah I wouldn't sell it tbh. As you can see it's worn.... he pretty much wore it all the time. Do you think it's from the 60s?

Also tyvm for answering. I was just curious about the whole thing

It is most likely from early to mid 60s.

If you can get the number from the inside of the caseback you can then look up that model in the Omega archive.
    I would guess it is a very close relation to this.

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-omega-ko-14700/

And the below watch is an example of a real pristine version of your watch. But a but too pristine for my liking - prefer my watches to show a bit of age.
    DSCF0359.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Not sure if this is allowed but can I put a watch that I have for sale on here or do I have to join adverts first?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I won't tell if you don't... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Any interest in the following watch ? It's a Seiko kinetic model no SKA719P

Argos code is 703/2026

Would be willing to accept offers around the 100 euro mark. Bought. 15/1/18 ( have receipt) there was a date put on the buckle.

Reason for trying to sell is hands are not luminous enough for me..

Thanks for reading. Please pm me if you have any questions. Available to view in navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

DSCF0359.jpg

Folks again sorry for going OT, but to follow on from Stephens, post could anyone link me that type of strap? I have an antique solid gold watch that I think that type strap would look gorgeous on ( and mean the watch could come out if a drawer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭blindsider

Try here

http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-h1215-ALL-WATCH-STRAPS.html

You'll need to know the lug width, and you may end up measuring carefully.

https://www.hirschstraps.com

is another, pricier alternative....good quality though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

OmegaGene wrote: »
    TAG Heuer Carrera Automatic Day Date going up for sale €1600 but a hefty discount for a fellow boardsie member
    Drop me a message for any details needed if you’re interested
    Cheers

Sold

The internet isn’t for everyone

I have a Meccaniche Veloci Due Valvole I picked up cheap last year. It was brand new when I got it, and is in mint condition.

Gorgeous brushed titanium dial which changes colour depending on the light. Varies from silver to black. 44mm titanium case, but with no lugs it wears a little smaller. Beautiful mix of brushed and polished finish on the case. Comes on a black rubber strap with titanium buckle.

A true travel watch, this has 2 independent ETA automatic movements, so you can set the two dials to any time you want. Small date aperture on the larger dial.

Asking €500. No boxes or papers, just watch only.

40132101021_1f575a9bca_o.jpg

25260290237_1e95604b9d_o.jpg

40132101201_2191445545_o.jpg

25260290127_a02cd277ed_o.jpg

25260290067_294d02c495_o.jpg

25260290017_9177cfdf91_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

That is absolutely gorgeous....why am I meant to be saving for a house deposit :(

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

That is absolutely gorgeous....why am I meant to be saving for a house deposit :(

To store watches in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's class. Does it sit very high?

Eoin wrote: »
    That's class. Does it sit very high?

It's a curved case back and measures 14mm in the centre. I think the lack of lugs make it seem taller than it is. My old Breitling Seawolf was 18mm tall - now that was a struggle to get under a shirt cuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Up on Adverts now. I expect this'll be torture?! :) If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears!

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/hamilton-pan-europ/14577523

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/steinhart-ocean-1-green/14577580

Price on the O1G is firm enough and, I think, fair enough. Pan-Europ is priced for Adverts, but would reiterate I'm happy to deal with Boardsies.

Both withdrawn! :pac: One pretty poor offer on the O1G, one not bad, but just not close enough to tip me over the edge. Quite happy to hang onto this.

Still wouldn't be averse to leaving the Pan-Europ go, though. It's a waste just sitting in the box! I always said it was priced for adverts, but would 500 notes be a decent price for a Boardsie? Still spotless :) Don't need the wedge really, but it's a nice piece and it's not getting any wrist time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I see you asked for advice in that original post, only noticed it now though. I’d have to say both sets of photos are quite poor. When I list I aim to put around six photos: strap, clasp, watch back, full set (as you've done), watch face for the advert pic and a dial detail; you have the watch face but it’s a bit blurry and indistinct. And nothing else to reel someone in with. I wouldn’t try to suggest I’m perfect but the more images you have, the longer the person is there, thinking about it, pouring over the idea. And if you can get some nice details in, and get the light right, you’re properly selling the idea too...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

Yeah, for quality watches you need lots of photos, close ups, everything. Front, back, sides, buckles, straps, real close ups. Basically give as much info as possible through the lens. And in fairness it's free to throw up as many photos as you want on Adverts. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Fair points, haven’t gone to adverts before to sell, so I’m happy to take all advice. Probably just laziness on my part that I didn’t follow up with more pics. Appreciate the advices - noted for future reference!

Still stuck with a couple of nice pieces, could be worse! :)

I take cr@p photo's and how many of you here have still bought them? Sure good photos help but doing your own leg work helps also. No amount of good photos will help with some of the idiots and chancers that are on adverts now.

Both of those watches were only a few months old and if someone really wanted to see what they looked like all they had to do was Google it. A four year old Steinhart Ocean with multiple owners and a modded insert just sold on Adverts, ignorant git of a seller. The asking price was more than the green bezel one which came with two full years warranty and if the insert bothered the person that much get a replacement from Steinhart. Frankie's (Luke) was a much better buy all day but that's Adverts for you. It's becoming tougher to find decent buyers on it.

Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

^ agree with the above but getting good photos certainly helps.

Potential buyers will often also think - why isn't the seller posting more photos of his amazing watch - what's wrong with the clasp/back/crown etc if you're not willing to show it up close in detail.

Case in point:
    1. My ferrari watch (ultimately sold on ebay):
    https://www.adverts.ie/sports/official-ferrari-product-granturismo-automatic-swiss-made-eta-2824-2-luxury-watch/12863732

Notice how I didn't include a lume shot? Because frankly Ferrari should be ashamed of themselves with the weak lume they put on the watch - I know red is a weak lume anyway but I don't think it's an excuse (the lume is about as good as a Vostok Amphibia). Other shots should back up my assertion that the watch is practically new and untouched - even the clasp (which got a close up) shows no swirlies that are common after day 1 of wearing a watch. I chose to take a picture of the Ferrari certification in the manual because that is a distinctive "feature" of the watch.

Compare that to example 2:
    Borealis seahawk - https://www.adverts.ie/sports/borealis-sea-hawk-1500m-diver-portugese-brand-with-seiko-nh36-automatic-movement/12705817

Here it's all about the lume baby - it's the first photo I lead off with - lume is a main feature for this watch and the lumed ceramic bezel is a distinctive feature. You'll see I posted up 2 photos of another distinctive feature - the ratcheting clasp (which I still love and miss in my other divers). This was sold on WUS in the end. No need for a manual shot because no-one cares about this micro-brand's certification.

So I guess the fact that neither watch sold on adverts.ie proves the point of HDMI - adverts.ie might not be a great place to sell watches in general :D - but I've made a few sales anyway and hey if you make the effort in the photos for adverts you can always reuse them at WUS/ebay/donedeal etc.

Advertisement