Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Forgive the lazy sales post, but... well, I am a lazy person. I think I need to thin out the collection a bit, so here we go:

Breitling SuperOcean Heritage 46mm
    Received this as a part trade against another watch a few months ago. Gorgeous dial, very comfortable mesh bracelet etc. But I've another Breitling which has sentimental value and is the keeper. Box & papers all present, and operating within COSC specs. Lots more photos available. Looking for about 2.5K (edit: if I put it on adverts, it'll be around that price - am sure there's a deal for regulars here, of course)

40484917621_c0a4d927f6_o.png

Unbranded Tourbillon
    I know very little about this - I assume it's Chinese. But it's got an actual Tourbillon complication! It's pretty cool to see in action. Really hard to price this, but I'll say 230.
    Sold

34560970064_3463218671.jpg

Possibly a Steinhart to be listed later, but I don't want to post something tentatively and withdraw it later.

Steinhart vintage GMT - looking for the 320 I paid for it. Will include a brown leather NATO strap too. Outer cardbox is tatty but everything else in good condition.

24073718757_60fbfd8b4e_b.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Eoin is the Steinhart 42mm with 22mm lugs?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Eoin is the Steinhart 42mm with 22mm lugs?

Yes and yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Eoin wrote: »
    Yes and yes!

@Eoin. PM sent :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Steinhart vintage GMT

My favourite Steinhart, looks great on nato's or zulu's.

GLWTS

Steinhart on hold, thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 65,323 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's the best thing about the Steinharts. Buy one at a reasonable price new or second hand, keep it for a while (wear it!), and you'll be able to sell it on for little or no loss :cool:

I've yet to own a Steinhart myself, but for sure that day will come!

unkel wrote: »
    That's the best thing about the Steinharts. Buy one at a reasonable price new or second hand, keep it for a while (wear it!), and you'll be able to sell it on for little or no loss :cool:

Love Steinharts. There are great watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Nobody wanted to buy mine. Well, not at a reasonable price anyway.

*wipes tear away*

Off the market now anyway, decided to roll with it for a while longer. :D

• Advertisement

*wipes tear away*

Paddy's day is coming:D might be worth sticking it up on adverts again.

*wipes tear away*

Try putting it here first :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I did! :pac:

Pretty sure I've seen some used ones go for over RRP on eBay, but I think that was back when the likes of the one I was selling were regularly out of stock -
    I think they've better supply these days.
    Breitling SuperOcean Heritage 46mm
    Received this as a part trade against another watch a few months ago.

Now traded.

Just met up with Eoin to pick up my new Steinhart.

Great guy and he even let me try on his new Seamaster. Nice watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭jh79

Anyone have a Steinhart Fleiger style (Nav B) they might be thinking of flipping?

jh79 wrote: »
    Anyone have a Steinhart Fleiger style (Nav B) they might be thinking of flipping?

Not the Nav B but there's a Steinhart Aviation Automatic available on Adverts.ie. He's looking for 399 for it

oxocube wrote: »
    Just met up with Eoin to pick up my new Steinhart.

Great guy and he even let me try on his new Seamaster. Nice watch :D

Pleasure to meet you today! Hope you enjoy the GMT

Are you on wus? One there for 450 us 47mm
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/reduced-crazy-fire-sale-steinhart-stowa-visconti-glycine-look-4655283.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I have the 44mm titanium so can comment on it if you wish but haven’t considered flipping I’m afraid.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83055567&postcount=14

• Advertisement

art wrote: »
    I have the 44mm titanium so can comment on it if you wish but haven’t considered flipping I’m afraid.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83055567&postcount=14

Love the look , only thing holding me back from buying one is the size. I have a 38mm seiko 5 and a 40mm Orient. Does it wear big?

I did cut a circle of paper to 44mm and it did seem big.

:) I’ve done the paper thing too! I’ll try do something, eg take comparing photos with other watches I have, later (when the footballs/rugby is over) to give you a better sense if possible but yes, it has a lot of heft and wears quite big. Having said that, I like wearing it, but wouldn’t see it as something I’d put on every day.

:) I’ve done the paper thing too! I’ll try do something, eg take comparing photos with other watches I have, later (when the footballs/rugby is over) to give you a better sense if possible but yes, it has a lot of heft and wears quite big. Having said that, I like wearing it, but wouldn’t see it as something I’d put on every day.

Cheers, it would be a step up in terms of the collection for me from Seiko 5's / Orients so am quite hesitant on pulling the trigger.

I wonder would Steinhart give a little discount for buying two watches? It's likely i will be buying the Marine 39 as a gift for a family member.

Cheers, it would be a step up in terms of the collection for me from Seiko 5's / Orients so am quite hesitant on pulling the trigger.

I wonder would Steinhart give a little discount for buying two watches? It's likely i will be buying the Marine 39 as a gift for a family member.

I think I read somewhere of them giving 2.5% if you transfer funds direct by wire instead of using a credit card, but personally I wouldn't risk it, if nothing shows up paypal fees are cheap.

Not sure if this helps but here's a 38mm seiko, the 44mm and a 42 underneath, couldn't find a 40. As you can see, bit of an obvious jump from the 38 but the 42 wears almost the same...

nejczs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Nice 20mm Christopher Ward strap with Bader deployant.

I bought this a couple of years back, the plan was one day I would pick up a blue seamaster. Unfortunately that never happened and despite trying it on multiple watches it just never worked for me. I have tried it on but never worn it.

It's a long length 20mm blue strap but with the deployant it should fit a good range. CW charge around 90 euro for these but normally around 40 in their sale. Blue is discontinued, no longer available.

I think 30 euro is a fair price, the CW logo on the clasp could be removed easily if it bothers you.

GUfGYpf.jpg

WIdux4b.jpg

Not sure if this helps but here's a 38mm seiko, the 44mm and a 42 underneath, couldn't find a 40. As you can see, bit of an obvious jump from the 38 but the 42 wears almost the same...

nejczs.jpg

Thanks for the pics, not as concerned about the size now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Anyone looking to shift a steinhart?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Only if it cuddles afterwards.

• Advertisement

ANXIOUS wrote: »

If you can pull mine off mrs.blue's arm I'll give you the bracelet:o

Advertisement