Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Just remember it's not personal - for them it's purely business - can they turn around and make a profit on your goods (while paying for staff/electricity/rent etc.) while taking the risk that the stock doesn't shift in good time.

Yea thanks folks. Was offered a price. Didn't do a deal. happy to hold on to it or sell it privately for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Yea thanks folks. Was offered a price. Didn't do a deal. happy to hold on to it or sell it privately for now.

Was it a low ball offer or worth considering ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Was it a low ball offer or worth considering ?

Way low. Not interested basically. Or else I'd really need the money

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

I'd avoid any of the places that sell watches in there.

From my experience with 2 different shops in there they're both ignorant and arrogant. Customer service is not their forte.

There's one place on the corner, 1st floor (can't remember the name of it) and they've had the same watches for sale in their window for years and they're all grossly overpriced.

I'd avoid any of the places that sell watches in there.

From my experience with 2 different shops in there they're both ignorant and arrogant. Customer service is not their forte.

There's one place on the corner, 1st floor (can't remember the name of it) and they've had the same watches for sale in their window for years and they're all grossly overpriced.

Corrs? They're closing down. Yea gonna sell it privately as I say. Maybe to a boardsie?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,681 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're making us curious now, Cap'n :D

What watch is it, how much were you offered and how much are you hoping to sell it for in here?

unkel wrote: »
    You're making us curious now, Cap'n :D

What watch is it, how much were you offered and how much are you hoping to sell it for in here?

Ah now...have 2 posts up in relation to it back along!

I had to read back a few pages - TAG Monza? I'd have thought that would sell easily enough privately (even on adverts)

How much did they offer you in Powerscourt?

Is it this one

https://www.adverts.ie/16609374

My guess is they offered around €900-€1000?

• Advertisement

My guess is they offered around €900-€1000?

Yea wasn't selling myself short like that obvs. I just thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks anyway for the advice.

If it is the one I linked above change the listing so the title spelling is correct
    TAG Heuer
    When I search for Tag Heuer Monza it doesn’t show up

If it is the one I linked above change the listing so the title spelling is correct
    TAG Heuer
    When I search for Tag Heuer Monza it doesn’t show up

Great spot. Thanks for that. *Facepalm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

At least it's good to get a "base" price - I do the same when selling old electronics - see what CeX is offering for my phone etc. and then if some chancer on adverts.ie is offering less or the same amount I know I can sell it to CeX and avoid the hassle of private sales.

Thirdfox wrote: »
    At least it's good to get a "base" price - I do the same when selling old electronics - see what CeX is offering for my phone etc. and then if some chancer on adverts.ie is offering less or the same amount I know I can sell it to CeX and avoid the hassle of private sales.

a jeweller or pawn broker wouldnt be a base price imo it would be a desperation price and a last resort, it has only been up a month and i didnt even see it until today and i have tag heuer saved on adverts as a search, adding a few pics here and listing it on donedeal will also help

Iconic watch and very popular after breaking bad. I've seen a few on adverts for sale over the last year or two and they seem to sell. Be patient :)

Please don't shoot me but i've another tag for sale :D
    i just cant help buying them lol

TAG Heuer INDY 500 with a discount for a fellow boards user

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/tag-heuer-formula-1-indy-500-chronograph-cau1113-gents-watch-mens/16760240

Indy gone, now to find a replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Lovely watches would buy them both if I wasn't target shooting atm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

If any Boardsies have any interest in this before I list it on Adverts give me a shout.

1a7251ea19be8310a.jpg

Might be interested in trades. Trade value will be around the grand mark.

Comes on bracelet with all original packaging and it is in mint condition.

Hodinkee blurb here, https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/alpina-alpiner-4-automatic-gmt-introducing

Video explaining how the compass bezel works (different model but bezel function is the same), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeTXlCRFinI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,917 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got the vintage Poljot in the post a few weeks ago. Very pretty and elegant watch, but just too small for me now I'm used to bigger watches :o

It keeps good time, runs very smoothly and runs for several days between hand winding it. On Mondeno (made in Spain) black leather strap, which is not original obviously!

Anyone in here interested before it goes to adverts? Not looking to make a profit off any of you, just trying to recoup what I paid for it (and it was a bargain) which was about €45

s-l1600.jpg

This was the eBay description:

"Made in Russia USSR

Skeleton NOS Vintage Black Poljot Flight
    USSR Russian Soviet Men's Watch + strap

Movement is in a fully working condition. Keeps good time. Watch is original.

Mechanical movement 17 jewels
    Case size (with crown): 36 mm x 42 mm. Thickness 9 mm
    Wristband size: 18 mm"

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Got the vintage Poljot in the post a few weeks ago. Very pretty and elegant watch, but just too small for me now I'm used to bigger watches :o

It keeps good time, runs very smoothly and runs for several days between hand winding it. On Mondeno (made in Spain) black leather strap, which is not original obviously!

Anyone in here interested before it goes to adverts? Not looking to make a profit off any of you, just trying to recoup what I paid for it (and it was a bargain) which was about €45

s-l1600.jpg

This was the eBay description:

"Made in Russia USSR

Skeleton NOS Vintage Black Poljot Flight
    USSR Russian Soviet Men's Watch + strap

Movement is in a fully working condition. Keeps good time. Watch is original.

Mechanical movement 17 jewels
    Case size (with crown): 36 mm x 42 mm. Thickness 9 mm
    Wristband size: 18 mm"

I'll take it off your hands. Send me a PM with your PayPal details and the postage costs and I'll send the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Good man Oxo, you saved me from myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

And me! Was hoping nobody had posted to take it..

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Droped out to see unkle earlier and I didn't take the watch. Its a lovely piece but to small for my taste.

If I bought it I'd never wear it and this watch is too nice to condemn to the watch box.

If you want a peach of watch at 36mm that you will wear this is the watch for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Hitemfrank posted before me so if he wants it, its his, if not ill happily take it.

oxocube wrote: »
    Droped out to see unkle earlier

Nice to meet you man! We're not the only ones on here who share a love of watches....and cars :)

@VW 1 - I'll send you a PM now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

VW 1 wrote: »
    Hitemfrank posted before me so if he wants it, its his, if not ill happily take it.

Go for it VW 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭aidanathome

I put my Citizen Nighthawk on Adverts a few months ago, and ended up not selling it. I've added it again with the hope of shifting it this time in case anyone here is interested. I haven't really worn it since getting my Steinhart Ocean One.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/citizen-nighthawk-eco-drive-gmt-solar-watch/15558053

Advertisement