Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

It is the original casebook. However, I also have an aftermarket display caseback that you can use instead of the original one.

See here: http://www.customwatchconcepts.com/product_info.php?products_id=26&MODsid=e71a40a3c66219a088d06b55c889fd3d
    Birneybau wrote: »
    So, is it a display caseback or the original caseback? I'm kinda confused by your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,329 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It is the original casebook. However, I also have an aftermarket display caseback that you can use instead of the original one.

See here: http://www.customwatchconcepts.com/product_info.php?products_id=26&MODsid=e71a40a3c66219a088d06b55c889fd3d

Cheers, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

...Annnnnd SOLD. Happy the watch is going to a new home but still remaining in this forum/parish.

I'm (reluctantly) putting my Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570 up for sale. It's not on adverts or any other sales sites yet - I'm hoping I can sell it here which is where I bought it originally.

It's from 2014, all boxes and cards present and correct. I've just had it polished and authenticated by Breretons (and have letter to prove) so it looks great. It is the plexiglass model (which is nicer IMO), and I also have an aftermarket glass caseback that has been on it almost since I bought it. It is a nice bonus to be able to see the movement. I brought the watch into Breretons to get them to replace the original seahorse caseback so it has been done properly. There is a leather strap as well on a deployant clasp that I never really used. €2,850 or so. Let's see if I can upload some photos now...

DSCF1989_zps5ls85r8s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

https://touch.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-dive-watch/17402274

Also this. Apparently I'm being very generous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Good to know they're worth that kind of dollars :)
    (Citizen)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

emo72 wrote: »
    https://touch.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-dive-watch/17402274

Also this. Apparently I'm being very generous.

Is that a big watch? Looks it.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is that a big watch? Looks it.

That's an SKX009 and it's a 42mm watch.

It was one of my old ones before I sold it to emo. Carlton Browne from here on boards saw it at a gtg and had his own built to look exactly like mine. Bracelet cost around 120, the Dagaz double dome crystal was $100 and then the Yobokies handset was another $50, by the time you have added in the cost of the watch you have no chance to recover the build cost.

Honestly it's the best 009 mod I have ever seen and a bargain at that price.

Yeah it's nice alright, but it would break my puny wrists.

Glwts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

OmegaGene wrote: »
    well i bit the bullet and listed the carrera on adverts, bag of spanners being offered as a swap incoming lol

https://www.adverts.ie/dress/tag-heuer-men-s-cv2a12-carrera-day-date-automatic-chronograph/17193669

Sold ;)

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Sold ;)

A particularly nice set of spanners in trade, yeah?

hitemfrank wrote: »
    A particularly nice set of spanners in trade, yeah?

Sold it For cash so no spanners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eoin wrote: »
    Change of circumstances, so the Monaco is now listed on adverts (link). Good deal available for regulars.

Now sold elsewhere. Adverts users can really be very frustrating to deal with. Might list my Sinn 956 too, but I think the box is already packed in storage :|

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

Now sold elsewhere. Adverts users can really be very frustrating to deal with. Might list my Sinn 956 too, but I think the box is already packed in storage :|

Sold on TZ in a day pretty much. Irish market is waste of time.

893bet wrote: »
    Sold on TZ in a day pretty much. Irish market is waste of time.

Yep, and had 2 people in line if the first one fell through. And it went to an Irish member, so didn’t even have to worry about posting. Double win! Some particularly annoying PMs on adverts this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

I used to love when id put in an ad "no trades" and in seconds you'd have someone asking to trade for an xbox or some ****box car that they cant sell for cash.

It wasn't that bad thankfully - I did get some trade offers that didn't include enough cash for me, but every one of those people were completely reasonable & polite when I declined.

One person agreed to buy, and then blocked me instead of telling me that he had changed his mind - and then outright lied in the feedback (adverts support people removed the swearing, but not the lie - yeah, thanks guys).

Another fella just wouldn't listen to me when I told him not to bother offering less than the best price I gave him - and then he offered less than he had earlier.

If it wasn't such a pain in the hole shipping outside of Ireland, I wouldn't bother with adverts at all.

I think when you go above a certain value on adverts it just takes patience, best not to take it too personally but it’s hard not too sometimes.
    I sold a breitling recently and there was 2 buyers both made offers, one fella made an offer and I countered and no reply, second buyer said on Friday night he would probably take it but wanted to chat to me Monday on the phone and then talk to breitling, then buyer number one says he was off line apologised for the delay and paid straight away so all good, when I told the other buyer he lost the plot accusing me of having a fake watch and saying I must be foreign because I wasn’t a man of my word, just a litany of abuse really and then he left me a negative.
    The joys of adverts

Yeah, you just have to take a deep breath. At the end of the day, I didn't have to post the watch, and the advert didn't cost me any money. You get just as crazy offers on Chrono24 unless the price is fixed, and then you pay a commission. And let's not even talk about the eBay and PayPal fees...

• Advertisement

Yeah, you just have to take a deep breath. At the end of the day, I didn't have to post the watch, and the advert didn't cost me any money. You get just as crazy offers on Chrono24 unless the price is fixed, and then you pay a commission. And let's not even talk about the eBay and PayPal fees...

i joined chrono24 but when i saw the list of countries where people can buy from i shat the bed and didnt bother, i didnt fancy post to italy or the congo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks,

i have my eye out for a Stowa Marine classic white dial with blue hands if anyone is parting ways with one.

Cheers,
    Mick

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

i joined chrono24 but when i saw the list of countries where people can buy from i shat the bed and didnt bother, i didnt fancy post to italy or the congo
    You can be lucky too. I've had nothing but good experiences with Italian sellers down the years. Sellers mind you. A few have told me that stuff "going missing" in the Italian post is nearly always stuff coming into the country, rather than going out.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

A couple of years ago when buying straight razors from the USA, twice I had guys sell to me instead of someone in Italy. We had both offered the same money to the sellers and the Italian guys normally offered first.

There were a number of 'missing' packages sent to Italy at the time that sellers just didn't want to deal with the hassle of Italian post.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Can I plug my SNE435P1 on sale on adverts.
    Can't link it but it's for sale by tipplad63.
    Open to offers within reason.

Here's your watch, nice one.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-padi/17485966

Is it OK for me to link?

@niman. Thanks

Breitling avenger seawolf 48.4 mm up for grabs
    https://www.adverts.ie/17492797

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Can I plug my SNE435P1 on sale on adverts.
    Can't link it but it's for sale by tipplad63.
    Open to offers within reason.

is this sold ?. its gone from adverts

• Advertisement

Removed from adverts due to insulting offers!!!!
    Can try and relist

Advertisement