Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Removed from adverts due to insulting offers!!!!
    Can try and relist

Just ignore the low offers

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Adverts is like that.
    Just something you have to take on the chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Can set a minimum price also - I set mine not at the lowest price I'd accept but the lowest price I consider someone to be actually potentially serious about buying the item i.e. an item I want to sell for 250 and would accept 220 I'd set the lowest price at 150 - cuts out the crazy 50-100 euro offers from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Can set a minimum price also - I set mine not at the lowest price I'd accept but the lowest price I consider someone to be actually potentially serious about buying the item i.e. an item I want to sell for 250 and would accept 220 I'd set the lowest price at 150 - cuts out the crazy 50-100 euro offers from people.

That makes no difference at all, I've tried it

People will just offer your minimum of 150 and then type in "offer 1 for PM lad" :p

There’s no right or wrong method for adverts really just have your asking price and add on a few quid for haggling, trying to list watches at the asking price doesn’t work at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

unkel wrote: »
    That makes no difference at all, I've tried it

People will just offer your minimum of 150 and then type in "offer 1 for PM lad" :p

or even more blatantly:
    150 offered
    offer 50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Eoin wrote: »
    or even more blatantly:

Just reply with accepted as a deposit ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

I have a nice Invicta Sub Aqua Noma III for sale for €190
    Comes on a brand new leather strap. Watch never worn still has plastic on the back. It has a carbon fibre dial which is pretty nice looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Removed from adverts due to insulting offers!!!!
    Can try and relist

Taking the item off adverts is a bit self sabotaging. it removes any chance of the right buyer seeing it, and it takes nothing to just politely decline or ignore silly offers.

One needs to take adverts in the right frame of mind, but if you cant get over lowball offers & trades fore a broken PS2 and a set of tennis rackets, best steer clear of the site altogether.

Easiest way to deal with adverts is to post the item with a few extra quid added on for haggling, politely decline the silly offers and leave it up there while perusing other avenues of sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Sorry for the repost. Seeing if anyone is interested in my Longines Heritage Chronograph - €1200

The watch is in like new condition ;)

Link to Adverts

476042.jpg

476043.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

My Grand Carrera Calibre 17 is up for sale on Adverts if anyone is interested. I might be interested in a swap for trade up or down so PM me if you've anything interesting.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/tag-heuer-grand-carrera/17580372

Adverts is having a wobbler tonight with cloudflare it seems - put up my Tudor Pelagos but got constant errors...now it seems like I've got 5 Pelagos(es?) up for sale!

Anyway - this is the active Tudor Pelagos ad:
    https://www.adverts.ie/sports/tudor-pelagos-full-set-titanium-diver-25500tn/17589706

The full set, kept in loving condition (see the plastic cover still on the caseback and the hangtag - I'm OCD like that :p ).

I think I've priced it very competitively on adverts.ie at €2750 (see link to Chrono24 comparison on my ad) but for known boardsies I'd be happy to do a dealio too (would prefer to sell to a watch enthusiast too).

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I love the legibility of the dial on the Pelagos. And the light weight. Great photos you have there. Best of luck with the sale. Beautiful watch.

Adverts is having a wobbler tonight with cloudflare it seems - put up my Tudor Pelagos but got constant errors...now it seems like I've got 5 Pelagos(es?) up for sale!

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/tudor-pelagos-full-set-titanium-diver-25500tn/17589706

The full set, kept in loving condition (see the plastic cover still on the caseback and the hangtag - I'm OCD like that :p ).

I think I've priced it very competitively on adverts.ie at €2750 (see link to Chrono24 comparison on my ad) but for known boardsies I'd be happy to do a dealio too (would prefer to sell to a watch enthusiast too).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭theheavyhitter

The Pelagos is an excellent quality piece. In many ways superior to the Submariner. Fair price. Good luck with the sale. Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

Still available. Last push to try and move or just gonna put it away. Don’t need to sell to fund the incoming but it’s eiher sell this or do the logical thing ..........and buy a bigger box.

https://www.adverts.ie/17082474

2.5k collected. Bargain of the year.

893 :- Bigger watch box ~ safe ~ big gun
    The must have accessories of a watch collector

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

OmegaGene wrote: »
    ~ safe ~ big gun
    The must have accessories of a watch collector

I think I'll just stick to having insurance. Cheaper and far safer for my family than a safe and a gun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Well you'd have to get a safe for the gun anyway!

Seven Worlds will Collide

unkel wrote: »
    I think I'll just stick to having insurance. Cheaper and far safer for my family than a safe and a gun ;)

It was only a joke ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I can testify that a forgotten about Omega Seamaster on the wrist can withstand the recoil of 120 odd shotgun rounds unscathed....:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

Selling 009 that I bought off the forum famous HDMI. I listed it last time but I had facts wrong about it, thought it was a 007, also didn't realise the domed crystal was a big thing, never mind the bracelet and the hand set. Anyway have a gander lads see if one of you lovely guys could find a use for it. I'm cutting down on watches lately. My wife keeps reminding me I only have 1 left wrist.
    https://touch.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-skx009/17609730

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

emo72 wrote: »
    Selling 009 that I bought off the forum famous HDMI. I listed it last time but I had facts wrong about it, thought it was a 007, also didn't realise the domed crystal was a big thing, never mind the bracelet and the hand set. Anyway have a gander lads see if one of you lovely guys could find a use for it. I'm cutting down on watches lately. My wife keeps reminding me I only have 1 left wrist.

Must resist buying another Seiko :(

This one is especially nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

oxocube wrote: »
    Must resist buying another Seiko :(

This one is especially nice though

sorry mate, dont mean to be an enabler! ive met so many nice people through this forum, anyway it goes without saying, id be selling it to someone cheaper from here. thanks again.

emo72 wrote: »
    My wife keeps reminding me I only have 1 left wrist.

But there are 7 days in a week... 31(ish) days in a month... 365(.25) days in a year :pac:

I think once your watch number is below the wifey's shoe/bag number it's generally still ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,

I've just stuck my Seiko Alpinist on adverts.

Thinking it's going to suffer now in terms of wearing since the Stowa arrived. Kinda want to keep it though so part of me hoping I don't get solid offers on it.

https://touch.adverts.ie/casual/seiko-sarb017-alpinist/17624758

Thanks,
    Mick

Hi folks,

I've just stuck my Seiko Alpinist on adverts.

Thinking it's going to suffer now in terms of wearing since the Stowa arrived. Kinda want to keep it though so part of me hoping I don't get solid offers on it.

https://touch.adverts.ie/casual/seiko-sarb017-alpinist/17624758

Thanks,
    Mick
    Sold already. Probably could have held out for a higher price but kinda broke even lost a bit on the bracelet. I don't have any sellers remorse yet. The Alpinist is lovely and I liked having a Seiko and will own another no doubt in the future but with the stowa and the seamaster I don't think the Alpinist would get a look in. Famous last words

Just to let boards members know this is still available 9 watchers but no reasonable offer yet - for boardsies the price would be €2500.

Just to let boards members know this is still available 9 watchers but no reasonable offer yet - for boardsies the price would be €2500.

This is just my opinion but putting price drop in the comments isn’t the best idea on adverts, people will just wait for it to drop again and again it looks like a rushed sale and low offers will be coming in

I had 10 watchers on my Alpinist.. I guess people like to watch

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    This is just my opinion but putting price drop in the comments isn’t the best idea on adverts, people will just wait for it to drop again and again it looks like a rushed sale and low offers will be coming in

Thanks for the advice - though the watchers will know the price drop is only a 50 euro drop for all the watchers.

Even better - have obtained clearance from the wife that if the watch isn't sold a new one can be bought regardless :p

There's a minimum offer requirement too so at most they can only offer €1 after offering 2700 first :D

@Mick - I'm sure of the watchers are waiting for the watch price to fall to €1000 (as one optimistic facebook marketplacer offered me) but they don't know that I'm in absolutely no rush to sell for rock bottom prices :D

Advertisement