Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

This is not a for sale post but more of a wanted post. Unsure if this is the right place for it.

Does anyone have a Seiko SARB033 they would like to part with for a fair price?
    My son is getting married later in the year (hopefully) and I would like to give him this watch in advance of the day.

Longshot maybe but I'd be grateful if anyone can assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

@Ionised - that's available on Amazon UK - £575 incl. delivery

Just FYI - it's a 37mm watch. It may wear a little small, and current trends are for a slightly bigger watch - 40mm - 42mm.

If your son has medium/large wrists, you may want to consider this factor.

I think this watch may have been discontinued, but it has some good reviews on a couple of sites that I've checked briefly.

Best of luck!

Thanks blindsider. I have it's brother the SARB035 and size is perfect for me. My son tried mine on recently but wished for a dark face hence looking for the 033.

575 is steep I reckon even if new so was hoping someone might have one knocking around,
    I'll be keeping an eye on ebay from an EU based used one at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ionised wrote: »
    Thanks blindsider. I have it's brother the SARB035 and size is perfect for me. My son tried mine on recently but wished for a dark face hence looking for the 033.

575 is steep I reckon even if new so was hoping someone might have one knocking around,
    I'll be keeping an eye on ebay from an EU based used one at a reasonable price.

Yeah you should be able to pick up a secondhand one about 300 to 350.

Yeah you should be able to pick up a secondhand one about 300 to 350.

They are creeping up in price. Hard to find a nice one for under 450 in recent weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ionised wrote: »
    They are creeping up in price. Hard to find a nice one for under 450 in recent weeks

I would suggest they not worth that price. I'd look at the new black alpinist if paying that kind of money

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Are they a JDM watch?

Few for sale in Japan 22nd one down

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Seiko+SARB033&_sacat=0

International post is slow lately, you'd have to factor in shipping and vat on this one, that UK amazon one might be a safer bet.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Always a bunch in Japan for sale but tend to be pricey plus risk of getting caught for duties.
    My 035 I got lucky with. Came from a German seller for a tad over 350 in lovely condition.

Anyhoo, Thanks all and we'd better get this for sale thread back on sales!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I dunno what it is about those SARBO's (all of them). Youtube videos continually pique my interest in them and drive me to the jewellery shop windows, whereupon I'm invariably.... underwhelmed by them in the flesh (metal&leather).

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

I have a Hydroconquest from October 2018 (still has insurance from Ernest Jones until October 2021) in very good condition, bezel was replaced by longines last year (and they sent back the service part too).

Considering changing up to the new version or putting cash towards a speedy

Would anyone have any interest before I stick it up on Adverts? I'm not in a massive rush so happy to hold on until after Covid-19 blows over.

Also have a Carrera that I might be tempted to sell and put towards a speedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

If anyone has a Steinhart 20mm (for a 39mm ocean one GMT) jubilee bracelet sitting in a drawer I'm looking to pick one up. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Is it possible to black someone on adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    Yes. If you go to their profile there is an option to report them and block them. They won’t be able to comment on your adds from that point.

gerfmurphy wrote: »

Is it the "best price" muppet?
    There is always one on adverts....

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Thanks. it's more for future use, one guy seems a bit "aggressive" for no reason. Strange, its more about sharing a hobby /interest than making or loosing a few euro.
    Who wants to do a deal with this type of person?
    Anyways thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,482 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You need to develop a thicker skin imho. A buyer is a buyer. If they have a good reputation yet they are a little bit aggressive, you can be sure they are genuine and will follow up with the deal. That's your aim right, to sell the watch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

While I am quick to block a potential ejit. I have to agree with Unkle. Adverts sellers are too quick to anger with buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Sometimes people come across as rude or aggressive via private message or texting, I’ve had many encounter where myself as a buyer and seller have had cross wires with another party, it’s beat to have a thick skin and not take things personally
    The best thing to do is set your stall out, watch with quality pics etc and know your bottom price and if you get that offer then close the deal if not then wish the other party all the best and move on, the watch community in Ireland is very small and chances are you could meet the person again if you share the same interests

The internet isn’t for everyone

In his defence... comments like this are the plague of adverts. I'd be blocking him too.

20200412-173904.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

sparrowcar wrote: »
    In his defence... comments like this are the plague of adverts. I'd be blocking him too.

To be fair that is a crappy comment, but people are chancers and get all uppity when you refuse their "good money"....does remind me of this which gave me a chuckle today.

Not really, I'm not bothered at all if the watch sells. Most likely I would trade it if I feel like I want it gone quick.
    I would like to sell to a person who likes it and wants it, not a baseline deal.

I don’t know why people always make an offer and say CASH, cash or money in the bank is obviously what a seller wants

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I don’t know why people always make an offer and say CASH, cash or money in the bank is obviously what a seller wants

True.. I'm still waiting for someone to write a cheque or send a postal order :)

sparrowcar wrote: »
    True.. I'm still waiting for someone to write a cheque or send a postal order :)

I did get a postal order for €650 once for a watch, when they mentioned it I had written off the deal tbh

OmegaGene wrote: »

If you don't the seller might mistake you for the majority of the people on adverts who make offers. As in the "last price" clowns and the "my adds bud" swap merchants :p

unkel wrote: »
    If you don't the seller might mistake you for the majority of the people on adverts who make offers. As in the "last price" clowns and the "my adds bud" swap merchants :p

But it’s the way they word it too like a normal sentence and the CASH TODAY in capitals like I was expecting €800 magic beans or toilet rolls

Well the post up there is pretty dickish mentioning the Corona virus and the CASH IS KING.

But from my experience on adverts (which goes back a long way), mentioning cash in their hand today does help convince some sellers (obviously not you :p) to accept your offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

To be fair that is a crappy comment, but people are chancers and get all uppity when you refuse their "good money"....does remind me of this which gave me a chuckle today.

😂😂😂

I think if the crash continues towards the end of the year we will see the normal sub type Rolex at 15-20 percent from RRP on the second hand market. The gmts and other “hard to find” ones at 20 percent over and Daytona to stay at 50-100% percent over.

Rolex for jam there will not be.

This event though is unprecedented. We have no idea how any market will react. May not be what we expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

893bet wrote: »
    😂😂😂

I think if the crash continues towards the end of the year we will see the normal sub type Rolex at 15-20 percent from RRP on the second hand market. The gmts and other “hard to find” ones at 20 percent over and Daytona to stay at 50-100% percent over.

Rolex for jam there will not be.

This event though is unprecedented. We have no idea how any market will react. May not be what we expect.

I am amazed at the amount of Rolex on TZ at the moment, at one stage 5 out of the 10 latest posts were Rolex

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement