Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

I am amazed at the amount of Rolex on TZ at the moment, at one stage 5 out of the 10 latest posts were Rolex

I would agree and also was surprised at the speed that these appeared!

However I am waiting to see some more interesting watches to appear such stashed away JLCs, Breguets, GOs or Zeniths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What are the prices like? Can't see sales corner as not a regular on TZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

893bet wrote: »
    😂😂😂

I think if the crash continues towards the end of the year we will see the normal sub type Rolex at 15-20 percent from RRP on the second hand market. The gmts and other “hard to find” ones at 20 percent over and Daytona to stay at 50-100% percent over.

Rolex for jam there will not be.

This event though is unprecedented. We have no idea how any market will react. May not be what we expect.

Wait so let me get this straight...you are predicting that the Rolex market will degenerate to the point where Subs hold their value really well compared to other brands, while the other more in demand models will continue to appreciate and Daytonas will remain absolutely mental....jesus thats mad max stuff best offload my stash at the moment for whatever anyone will pay me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

Wait so let me get this straight...you are predicting that the Rolex market will degenerate to the point where Subs hold their value really well compared to other brands, while the other more in demand models will continue to appreciate and Daytonas will remain absolutely mental....jesus thats mad max stuff best offload my stash at the moment for whatever anyone will pay me.

Basically back to the “normality” of 2017 is my prediction at the moment.

Sadly that would mean a lot of “profit” disappearing from my 5167 but meh. As long as it holds close to what I paid or even within 20% loss (highly highly unlikely) I’d not be too upset.

Market is on hold for now for both buyers and sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

893bet wrote: »
    Basically back to the “normality” of 2017 is my prediction at the moment.

Sadly that would mean a lot of “profit” disappearing from my 5167 but meh. As long as it holds close to what I paid or even within 20% loss (highly highly unlikely) I’d not be too upset.

Market is on hold for now for both buyers and sellers.

I'll gladly take it off you for 20% less than you paid :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 shano76

**Wanted**

Hi Folks, I'm in the market for a Hamilton Khaki Field Auto 38mm ref. H70455733. I know they're available on Amazon for around the £400 mark which is probably a good bit less than Hour Passion or the likes but still would rather pick up a good condition pre-owned. Also would prefer the black leather strap but not important once condition of watch is good. Has anyone got one that they are considering moving on?

Thanks, Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,
    With the arrival of my Omega seamaster 300m I'm offering my Seiko SPB079 dive watch for sale. It's in mint condition and comes with diashield original Seiko colour matched bracelet. The bracelet has been fitted but hardly worn. Also comes with original rubber strap. Boxed etc bracelet was 200 euro addition

IMG-20200205-123054.jpg

IMG-20200309-102653.jpg

IMG-20200309-140000.jpg

Review here

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/seiko-prospex-spb077-spb079-hands-on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Hi folks,
    With the arrival of my Omega seamaster 300m I'm offering my Seiko SPB079 dive watch for sale. It's in mint condition and comes with diashield original Seiko colour matched bracelet. The bracelet has been fitted but hardly work. Also comes with original rubber strap. Boxed etc bracelet was 200 euro addition

Worn I presume? :p otherwise you're a very honest seller!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Hi folks,
    With the arrival of my Omega seamaster 300m I'm offering my Seiko SPB079 dive watch for sale. It's in mint condition and comes with diashield original Seiko colour matched bracelet. The bracelet has been fitted but hardly work. Also comes with original rubber strap. Boxed etc

Nice one, hopefully you can get a decent price. Over here at the moment it's a buyer's market and a lot of the normal easy sells are either going cheap or not at all.

I picked up a Presage brand new shipped for $199, crazy price and it arrives later in the week. That's the second one I have bought in the past few weeks, the other is coming from Australia but aussie post is struggling for flights to get mail out of the country. So far three weeks it's stuck in Sydney :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

HDMI wrote: »
    I picked up a Presage brand new shipped for $199

Where did you get a Presage for so cheap? Even with vat and import that's ridiculous!

• Advertisement

oxocube wrote: »
    Where did you get a Presage for so cheap? Even with vat and import that's ridiculous!

I live in the US and I had one in my watch list on eBay, seller offered a 33% discount and at first I thought it was a mistake. I figured buy first before anyone else did and then ask questions later. Seller thanked me for buying and shipped it, will know later in the week if it's a dud. But it's a US business seller so I'm not expecting anything wrong with it.

Which model did you buy? And first dibs if you don't bond with it :P

oxocube wrote: »
    Which model did you buy? And first dibs if you don't bond with it :P

Japanese domestic model SARY078, gold with brown dial. It will be my only gold watch.

HDMI wrote: »
    Japanese domestic model SARY078, gold with brown dial. It will be my only gold watch.

Now that's a nice dress watch ;)

I've a classic Seiko 7009 from July 1969 (same month as the moon landings) as my gold dress watch. If it had a white face I'd be all over it :)

Seiko SPB079 sold... quicker than i expected

• Registered Users Posts: 65,482 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Wow, well done. Lovely watch but at the higher price point for a Seiko diver. For that sort of money, I would be saving up a bit more for a Marine Master or even a Seamaster! How much did you let it go for and is the new owner on here?

Seiko SPB079 sold... quicker than i expected

Automatic seikos always sell quick, there is a big market for them. Its also a very nice watch to boot.

unkel wrote: »
    Wow, well done. Lovely watch but at the higher price point for a Seiko diver. For that sort of money, I would be saving up a bit more for a Marine Master or even a Seamaster! How much did you let it go for and is the new owner on here?

None of that dirty money talk. I covered what I paid for the watch and bracelet so that's the main thing :)

The seamaster i got is just a much slimmer watch and while the bracelet is old and probably could do with a spruce up very comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Automatic seikos always sell quick, there is a big market for them. Its also a very nice watch to boot.
    I've got a few I'm going to throw up after the lockdown, a Presage Cocktail Time and possibly a Neo Classic SRP705K1

I've got a few I'm going to throw up after the lockdown, a Presage Cocktail Time and possibly a Neo Classic SRP705K1

If you put a half reasonable price on them they will be gone in a flash. The leather strap watches go slower than the divers, but they all shift, its one of the reasons Seikos are class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

seiko retail prices have really shot up in the last year or 2. however was talking to HDMI and he was saying because of the virus prices are dropping significantly. he has picked up a few watches at very attractive prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭fat bloke

emo72 wrote: »
    seiko retail prices have really shot up in the last year or 2. however was talking to HDMI and he was saying because of the virus prices are dropping significantly. he has picked up a few watches at very attractive prices.

New or second hand, or whereabouts please?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

fat bloke wrote: »
    New or second hand, or whereabouts please?:)

secondhand. he scours the online forums no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

emo72 wrote: »
    seiko retail prices have really shot up in the last year or 2.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see the RRP of the SKX, SNZF lines these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Eoin wrote: »
    Yeah, I was pretty surprised to see the RRP of the SKX, SNZF lines these days

SKX's have been discontinued so that's the main reason for them shooting up. I've always liked them and am sorry I didn't get one when they were cheap. At €300 asking now it's getting to close in price to a Turtle. All the Seiko's have crept up in price though. Availability of auto in jewellers seems to improving though I've seen a lot more. Overpricing at the lower end €100 to €250 range is still terrible but the midrange up markup is doesn't seem to be as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,482 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Good as they are, €300 is crazy for one. I bought one new brand new from creation watches last year for about €129 (but I did get stung for customs, so had to pay VAT + admin charge. Still came to under €175 iirc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Even second hand one's are going for €200 plus now for a watch that's still available new though stocks are dwindling I'd imagine.

Lot of the popular Seiko's do appreciate in value when discontinued though. I could probably sell my SKX781 Orange Monster for twice what i payed for it even though it's over 7 years old.

Should have bought that of you unkel was one of the last affordable one's on adverts or just ordered on eglobal like I was trying to haggle the price down with!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I am most likely moving on this Steinhart Ocean 2. It comes boxed, and I think that's an aftermarket strap, there's no bracelet with it.

This blue & orange version is apparently quite unusual. Asking for the EUR400 it cost me, or would be interested in a part exchange of a Seiko SKX007, SNZF, or SRPD in any cosmetic condition.

49566013507_7346f77e93_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Is that a black face or navy ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

aidankkk wrote: »
    Is that a black face or navy ?

Looks blue to me and it’s being referred to as the blue and orange version

The internet isn’t for everyone

Advertisement