Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

aidankkk wrote: »
    Is that a black face or navy ?

It’s a very deep navy

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Is that a black face or navy ?

father-ted-quote-17-picture-quote-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Ok I am going to pass on my Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch big box set. Reason, cant wear it, for some reason its uncomfortable on my wrist. I made a promise to the chap I bought it off that I would pass it on for what I bought it for. I am keeping my word which means that this will be an unbelievable bargain. Its the proper hessalite version, man wind, braclet, big box display case. 2106 box, papers and original receipt. PM me for the details. I reserve the right to sell it to whom I choose, the price is the price. I will put it on adverts for a premium if I get nobody here interested, any excess I get over my purchase price I will donate to charity.

20200218-230427.jpg
    20200218-230431.jpg
    20200218-230517.jpg

Ok I am going to pass on my Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch big box set.

Great to see that kind of honesty and fairness continuing.
    GLWS, it really is a beaut and an absolute bargain even if the market has/will fall.
    If memory serves it was a fantastic bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Ok I am going to pass on my Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch big box set. Reason, cant wear it, for some reason its uncomfortable on my wrist. I made a promise to the chap I bought it off that I would pass it on for what I bought it for. I am keeping my word which means that this will be an unbelievable bargain. Its the proper hessalite version, man wind, braclet, big box display case. 2106 box, papers and original receipt. PM me for the details. I reserve the right to sell it to whom I choose, the price is the price. I will put it on adverts for a premium if I get nobody here interested, any excess I get over my purchase price I will donate to charity.

Not to prevent anyone getting a potential bargain (I don't recall the price you got it at) but I have heard about people not loving the speedmaster bracelet (my wife's seamaster definitely feels better than my speedmaster but it's still comfortable for me). You might have a look at playing around with links/microadjustment positioning to see if a better position might fit you better. Some people replaced the clasp with a seamaster extendable clasp too if that was what was bugging you. And the speedmaster is one of those watchs that does very well on leather/nato straps too.

• Advertisement

well its good to pay a good deed forward. This is provisionally sold to a forum regular which pleases me greatly. Thirdfox I tried everything, its a problem with my misshapen wrists I think. Tried it on nato, straps, deployants, tangs. I love the look of the watch and it gets noticed everywhere but I unlike my wife in high heels I am unwilling to put up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@Fitzgeme: "Ok I am going to pass on my Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch big box set. Reason, can't wear it, for some reason its uncomfortable on my wrist."

That's unfortunate, but a mate who is a pro horologist said exactly the same.

He ended up going for a 70s style bracelet with different end links as he couldn't get on with the OEM ones. It can bear it as it's such an unchanging design that there are numerous combinations that still look the part.

Fair play for passing it on. If I were able to get a decent exchange rate on a fully functioning kidney, I'd be there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,482 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I love the look of the watch and it gets noticed everywhere but I unlike my wife in high heels I am unwilling to put up with it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

That speedie is fast becoming the forum slut!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

well its good to pay a good deed forward. This is provisionally sold to a forum regular which pleases me greatly. Thirdfox I tried everything, its a problem with my misshapen wrists I think. Tried it on nato, straps, deployants, tangs. I love the look of the watch and it gets noticed everywhere but I unlike my wife in high heels I am unwilling to put up with it.

Fact of the day - high heels were originally made for men - "a well heeled gentleman". :p - I'm sure if you go in heels nowadays you'll be noticed everywhere too :D
    Lorddrakul wrote: »

He ended up going for a 70s style bracelet with different end links as he couldn't get on with the OEM ones. It can bear it as it's such an unchanging design that there are numerous combinations that still look the part.

The newest Speedmaster bracelet is a step backwards too I think (the one with the screwed in links) - they expanded the sizes of individual links so removing one link can take it too far vs. the greater control of the previous version. And give me pin connections over screwed links any day :D (no worries about screws falling out or dethreading by over tightening).

• Advertisement

Lorddrakul wrote: »

Fair play for passing it on. If I were able to get a decent exchange rate on a fully functioning kidney, I'd be there. :)

I am a bracelet guy, this will suit a nato or strap lover better. I might even throw in a Omega Deployant to the buyer.

This is provisionally sold to a forum regular which pleases me greatly.

Great to see it may stay "local"!

hopefully....

JH79 has sniped it and is already composing a PM to tell me he is selling me on the Laco ;) :pac:

Eoin wrote: »
    I am most likely moving on this Steinhart Ocean 2. It comes boxed, and I think that's an aftermarket strap, there's no bracelet with it.

This blue & orange version is apparently quite unusual. Asking for the EUR400 it cost me, or would be interested in a part exchange of a Seiko SKX007, SNZF, or SRPD in any cosmetic condition.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49566013507_7346f77e93_c.jpg

This has been sold elsewhere

And another for sale, nice little watch. Has spent exactly zero hours on my wrist since I got it, might as well shift it to somebody else. 150 firm on adverts little discount to nice forum members.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-srpd59kl1-mens-watch/20297225?notification=8a19ac88aeb5287f19afbe86e6ce94e0-1588876409

seiko-5-sports-srpd59k1-multiple-4.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-srpd59kl1-mens-watch/20297225?notification=8a19ac88aeb5287f19afbe86e6ce94e0-1588876409

That's a great price, I just got one for 220 and not even on a bracelet (I wish I'd posted a WTB here now).

Eoin wrote: »
    That's a great price, I just got one for 220 and not even on a bracelet (I wish I'd posted a WTB here now).

Crap...adjust the price a litte so, already got skinned on a watch sale this week....;) Nah I will just be firm on the 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

And another for sale, nice little watch. Has spent exactly zero hours on my wrist since I got it, might as well shift it to somebody else. 150 firm on adverts little discount to nice forum members.

seiko-5-sports-srpd59k1-multiple-4.jpg

Consider it sold . Ill pm later .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Consider it sold . Ill pm later .

That's what I love about this forum.
    Nobody said "jeez that's a bit cheeky and presumptuous"... instead loads of likes for the comment...brilliant :)

Sorry aidankkk I checked adverts first where I had a asking offer and accepted it, maybe that was you I dont know? Sparrowcar....I dont see any issue myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Sorry aidankkk I checked adverts first where I had a asking offer and accepted it, maybe that was you I dont know? Sparrowcar....I dont see any issue myself.

Nor do I, that's my point :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

No bother at all, my 12 watch box is full from buying watches this year, so maybe its time to slow down ..

Have my eye on an Oris on Adverts as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

No bother at all, my 12 watch box is full from buying watches this year, so maybe its time to slow down ..

Have my eye on an Oris on Adverts as well..

i feel the same... i have toooooooo much time on my hands for watch browsing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I hit my 90 watch limit recently :eek: :pac:

Well Speedmaster gone to its new home, thank you sir for another smooth transaction. And the Seiko gone to a good home too. I am consolidating at the moment the collection....thanks to all for the interest, ye are a decent bunch.

To that end anyone any interest here in the Ecodrive...75 euro

20200509-134013.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/citizen-eco-drive-men-s-aw1430-86e-sport-watch/20310032

Tag Heuer Link Calibre 5 automatic

Linky

Will do a very good deal for someone in here

512273.jpg

unkel wrote: »
    Tag Heuer Link Calibre 5 automatic

Will do a very good deal for someone in here

Lovely watch, really elegant.
    GLWS.

Thank you banie, you're very kind :)

Bought it on the spur of the moment but need to raise some cash now. Very good deal available here!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

Looking for €750 for this if anyone is interested. Cheapest on the net and in mint condition.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/squale-60-atmos-squalematic-full-set/20247952

1.jpg

Great if I could sell this in the next hour or two. PM me here if you like

512429.jpg

Need to raise some cash rather than raid an ATM :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

What’s the boards price ?

(I was gonna come in with a 35 % offer as you had defended some other chap who offered 1200 on a 3k speedmaster!)

Advertisement