Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭This is it

Ah, sorry :D I thought you had to pay to use adverts, I remember something along those lines a few years ago. A percentage or something.

I'll have a think, but I do love the look of it. Is it difficult to change the strap on them yourself? I love the blue and orange leather but I've seen pics of it on a nice SS bracelet, at least I think that's what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

This is it wrote: »
    . Is it difficult to change the strap on them yourself?

Its on simple spring bars, takes about 3 minutes change a strap, most straps come with a little spring bar tool, like a tiny v shapped fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭This is it

Gone! Will keep an eye anyway :)

This is it wrote: »
    Gone! Will keep an eye anyway :)

Got to be quick, got to be decisive. Better luck next time. There is a lot of value to be had in the second hand market.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The hotel for the family holiday this summer has just refunded me.
    This could very well be disastrous :D

Time to browse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,482 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You did well!!!
    Most only offer vouchers for next year

Happy buying. I hope it was a 5 star hotel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

unkel wrote: »
    You did well!!!
    Most only offer vouchers for next year

Happy buying. I hope it was a 5 star hotel :pac:

Not quite a 5 star, but it was a very nice Bulgarian all inclusive ;)
    One of the best of the type I've been in Europe that was reasonably priced too IMO.
    Still not a patch on a good Mexican resort tho.

They were very fair, could have cancelled previously with a 3 night penalty, but as soon as the travel advice changed to cover our dates they were happy to refund in full.

Flights will likely be a voucher, and happy enough with that to be fair as they are with Aer Lingus and the value will be used along the way.

Also submitted my final essay of the year to Uni, so not a bad day at all...
    Surely I deserve a watch after that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Generally a lurker/admirer of this forum. Decided to sell a G-Shock
    GW-B5600BC-1ER as it's not getting much wrist time.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/casio-g-shock-gw-b5600bc-1/20340939

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

100 percent. I am testing him.

(Even though I don’t really want it, much prefer the ultra thin moon phase).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭redlead

893bet wrote: »
    100 percent. I am testing him.

(Even though I don’t really want it, much prefer the ultra thin moon phase).

To be fair, that's a pretty good price he's offering it for. Beautiful watch

redlead wrote: »

I go on chrono24 and have a look at same year models, he is a little heavy, Chrono take 8% so figure that in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

That's a massive hit for a 6 month old JLC.
    I would have thought they would hold their value better. Looks immaculate though, if that could be had for around €3.5k you'd have to say it was a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,482 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I go on chrono24 and have a look at same year models, he is a little heavy, Chrono take 8% so figure that in too.

And most sellers on chrono24 are reputable dealers. Where you do have come back and warranty. Or at the very least a guarantee from paying online. Not like a private seller on adverts.ie where you pay cash. There's a substantial risk there that needs to be figured in too.

JLC is really almost high horology, I love them. If that had a moon phase I would be all over it. But the depreciation is shocking. Why? I dont know, obviously people dont want them, dress watches are not in vogue. I have held the Master Calander in my hand in Wiers a bunch of time, has a moon phase, and a date and month (but its not a annual calander) and just cannot pull the trigger. They are kinda delicate also with pushers, and not much water resistance. 3500 would be ok ish. Remember the chap didnt spend 6500 on it, should have gotten at least 25% so that around 4800.

Assuming it’s real there should be no issue with warranty. Balance of 8 years I assume (assuming it’s transferable).

Not sure we will find common ground on price. It’s a falling knife also. Plus like Fitz it’s almost the watch I want from JLC, but not quite, I really want an ultra thin moon phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I had a JLC Reverso on adverts for months without a sniff, ended up moving it on Chrono24, but even then it was nearly a year waiting on a buyer. They are gorgeous but a very limited market it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

its a pretty plain watch, if it wasnt a JLC its pretty generic, i love JLC and ive had a few but this does nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭redlead

Phibsboro wrote: »
    I had a JLC Reverso on adverts for months without a sniff, ended up moving it on Chrono24, but even then it was nearly a year waiting on a buyer. They are gorgeous but a very limited market it seems.

I'm always amazed how few Reversos there are on Chrono24. Anytime I look, there's usually only about 6 or 7. For such an iconic watch, I would have thought there would be a lot more of them floating about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

redlead wrote: »

I don't think so. They're available new on C24 for almost that. Also, that's the model that's just been discontinued. Never could put my finger on what I didn't like about it, but the new one (on the left) is fantastic. Everything is refined and ever so slightly tweaked and just works wonderfully. Most importantly, they've got rid of the old movement with the pitiful 38hr power reserve.

49891067247_43775fc56e_z.jpg

Love the look of JLC stuff. The MUT Moon (that same old movement, that's sure to go soon aside) is stunning, particularly the blue limited edition. JLC do seem to have real issues with QC, their movements seem on the delicate side. The amount of stories I've seen where JLC have tried to blame user error for obvious manufacturing errors is kinda amazing. Same with the amount of stories of people having to send a watch back multiple times for the the same problem. It seems to be an issue with Richemont brands overall.

• Advertisement

Yeah we couldn’t agree money. He is at 3.8 and I am at 3.2.

Half relieved as it is really only a blocker to getting a watch that I do want!

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Phibsboro wrote: »

What model was it and what did it end up going for? I’m currently torn between a reverso and a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

Looking to sell on a few watches and have them for sale on adverts . I watch this board from time to time and just wondering if anyone is interested. Really just looking to get some of the money back I paid for the watches , both are basically new full set with proof of purchase available and nearly full warranty left etc . There is a lot to time wasters on adverts so hopefully this thread could serve my purpose well . Reason for selling is trying to to save up to buy a JLC reverso tribute to 1931 or 1948.

Omega railmaster 1957 trilogy- 2019

JLC master control date - 2019

Both watches can be seen on adverts for some reason I cant paste URL . Open to reasonable offers too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

What's models are they?
    Johnny1980 wrote: »
    Looking to sell on a few watches and have them for sale on adverts . I watch this board from time to time and just wondering if anyone is interested. Really just looking to get some of the money back I paid for the watches , both are basically new full set with proof of purchase available and nearly full warranty left etc . There is a lot to time wasters on adverts so hopefully this thread could serve my purpose well . Reason for selling is trying to to save up to buy a JLC reverso tribute to 1931 or 1948.

Both watches can be seen on adverts for some reason I cant paste URL . Open to reasonable offers too

Omega railmaster 1957 trilogy- 2019

JLC master control date - 2019

Links to watches below. News users can’t post links to avoid spam (like a virus rather than a watch).

https://www.adverts.ie/20340461

https://www.adverts.ie/20112578

You have a solid offer on the JLC I think.

From a really handsome buyer.

What's models are they?
    all details are in the ad .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

all details are in the ad .

Thanks I think we talked about the railmaster. Lovely watch

Happy to exchange for a newish reverso if anyone’s is interested too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Will be / am on the look out for a Speedmaster / X-33 / Sky Walker X-33.

Let me know either here or PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

**Free to any regular W&T boardsies**

20mm vintage brown leather handmade style watch strap. Came with Steiny GMT deal but not my choice in straps personally.
    Will send by regular post.

20200514-103018.jpg
    20200514-103027.jpg

Advertisement